Church mourns loss of pastor

Oct 10, 2011 Full story: Portsmouth Daily Times 83

Daily Times Police and EMS crews responded to Bigelow Church on Monday after Pastor Steven Schueren was found dead in the church.

Full Story
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Trina

Portsmouth, OH

#81 Oct 20, 2011
You people are weird. A man died. He thought life was so bad that he killed himself. He is dead. There is no turning back. No changing his mind. It is selfish. Those children, even the adult one, did not deserve to have to go through this. It's sad. He was selfish to not stick it out for his family. I hope they heal. God can heal them.
BossHog

Greenfield, OH

#82 Dec 19, 2011
Churches want to preach about what they consider to be sin, and scare the little children with mythical stories of hell fire. However, when one of their own, commits one of those very sins and dies, they get all hurt when someone says something about eternity.

Pastor Gowdy defended his fellow pastor, by claiming that in this case the suicide wasn't sin because the man was mentally ill. Wouldn't you think that all suicides are the result of mental illness? But I guess this man had went to a doctor about his problems, and the doctor decided that the man wasn't well. So, apparently, God honors doctors notes.

Then, while all this is going on, they expected all the rest of us to just stay quiet, and not talk about all the other things regarded as sin, that are no more purposeful than this man's suicide. For example, I have an acquaintance who was born into a drug infested home, and he became addicted while still quite young, and now he can't quit. If he overdoses someday, will he get to go to heaven, like that pastor? Surely we can see that addiction is a disease of the mind, and not a willful desire to harm one's self.

What about murder? I think that the mental troubles that lead a person to get depressed and hurt themselves, are the same ones that cause people to get upset and harm others. In other words, for some people, depression, schizophrenia, whatever, can cause suicide, while for others, it may cause homicide. It's still the same root cause though,'insanity'.

I also have a friend who was *born gay. Homosexuality used to be considered a mental illness, much like depression, until was taken off the list a few years ago. So, does that mean that those gay people who died while it was still listed as a mental disease went to heaven, but all those that die later will burn?

What about this kid that recently killed himself? I'm sure that the family is searching for answers and would like to be reassured that their little one will get to go to heaven. I didn't hear Pastor Gowdy say anything this Sunday about him though. Is it because he wasn't an important religious leader from this area? Maybe it's because he hadn't been to the doctor, and didn't have his note.

Although the child didn't profess to be Christian, that I know of, if he had been one year younger, he'd have been below the age of accountability (13) where a person is regarded old enough to be held accountable by God for their actions.

Churches are nothing more than money rackets, that fill their rooms with hypocritical 'holier-than-thou' sheep. They all sin, just like the rest of us. They just think they're better because they live in fear. They call it faith though.
SaveASoulToday

Portsmouth, OH

#83 Dec 19, 2011
BossHog wrote:
Churches want to preach about what they consider to be sin, and scare the little children with mythical stories of hell fire. However, when one of their own, commits one of those very sins and dies, they get all hurt when someone says something about eternity.
Pastor Gowdy defended his fellow pastor, by claiming that in this case the suicide wasn't sin because the man was mentally ill. Wouldn't you think that all suicides are the result of mental illness? But I guess this man had went to a doctor about his problems, and the doctor decided that the man wasn't well. So, apparently, God honors doctors notes.
Then, while all this is going on, they expected all the rest of us to just stay quiet, and not talk about all the other things regarded as sin, that are no more purposeful than this man's suicide. For example, I have an acquaintance who was born into a drug infested home, and he became addicted while still quite young, and now he can't quit. If he overdoses someday, will he get to go to heaven, like that pastor? Surely we can see that addiction is a disease of the mind, and not a willful desire to harm one's self.
What about murder? I think that the mental troubles that lead a person to get depressed and hurt themselves, are the same ones that cause people to get upset and harm others. In other words, for some people, depression, schizophrenia, whatever, can cause suicide, while for others, it may cause homicide. It's still the same root cause though,'insanity'.
I also have a friend who was *born gay. Homosexuality used to be considered a mental illness, much like depression, until was taken off the list a few years ago. So, does that mean that those gay people who died while it was still listed as a mental disease went to heaven, but all those that die later will burn?
What about this kid that recently killed himself? I'm sure that the family is searching for answers and would like to be reassured that their little one will get to go to heaven. I didn't hear Pastor Gowdy say anything this Sunday about him though. Is it because he wasn't an important religious leader from this area? Maybe it's because he hadn't been to the doctor, and didn't have his note.
Although the child didn't profess to be Christian, that I know of, if he had been one year younger, he'd have been below the age of accountability (13) where a person is regarded old enough to be held accountable by God for their actions.
Churches are nothing more than money rackets, that fill their rooms with hypocritical 'holier-than-thou' sheep. They all sin, just like the rest of us. They just think they're better because they live in fear. They call it faith though.
Gowdy has always defended his secretary. It's addiction.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scioto County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lucasville man charged with rape (Apr '11) 5 hr Wondering 78
Boy, 13, commits suicide 'after he was bullied ... 6 hr red4fun 50
Woman Accused Of Stealing Thousands From Fire D... Aug 29 Sam 11
Wheelersburg arrest? Aug 29 Curious 1
Man Charged With Rape Of 12-Year-Old Aug 28 yep 7
Five Arrested In Franklin Furnace; Linked To St... Aug 25 hopeful 3
Troopers Say $12,000 Worth Of Heroin Seized Dur... Aug '14 gary 5
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••