Knowles defends state House seat in 124th District

Apr 25, 2012 Full story: Reading Eagle/Reading Times 14

Incumbent Republican state Rep. Jerry P. Knowles defended his seat in the 124th Legislative District in Tuesday's primary election, beating out competitor Larry Padora by more than 1,000 votes.

Full Story
snitchy

Mesquite, NV

#1 Apr 25, 2012
His in-laws have some skeletons in their closets. He married into freakiness, not his fault.
more of the same

Weatherly, PA

#2 Apr 25, 2012
Idiot voters. Guess they like what they have.
Vinny

Ebensburg, PA

#3 Apr 25, 2012
Does Knowles still have that brown spot on his nose?I always worried that if Argall stopped short Knowles might break his nose.
Tamaqua101

Hollywood, FL

#4 Apr 26, 2012
Larry may still have the democratic write in nominee. Please hope and pray!
Tamaqua101

Hollywood, FL

#5 Apr 26, 2012
If he gets that, goodbye knowles. Just like Time Seip. Argall is so weak right now. Argall is going to be crushed come November. Just think about it. Espc with Holden backing up Seip. Holden is love in Schuylkill county and we seen that Eventhough Holden lost. Argall is hated by democrats and 10,000+ republicans that finally woke up! Holden is loved by democrats... November will be interesting to say the least.. Argall has no money. Why do you think he said we need to regroup... And now that this illegal immigrant situation is opening up, more and More people are mad that they even voted for Argall in the primary. The beginning of the end only started in the primary...
amazing

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Apr 26, 2012
more of the same wrote:
Idiot voters. Guess they like what they have.
A handful of the people I know that voted for him can never say what he has accomplished or what he is good for. All they say is that he's a good guy or he's a nice guy.. blah blah.. I don't care how nice he is, what the heck does he do?
Tax Payer

Sparta, NJ

#7 Apr 26, 2012
amazing wrote:
<quoted text>
A handful of the people I know that voted for him can never say what he has accomplished or what he is good for. All they say is that he's a good guy or he's a nice guy.. blah blah.. I don't care how nice he is, what the heck does he do?
I've known him since he was a kid ... nice guy and polished bullshiter! That's what it takes to be a professional politician. LOL

Since: Aug 09

Tamaqua, PA

#8 Apr 27, 2012
Mr. Knowles did not win by a landslide. A handful voted, and of them a few hundred took him over the top. The people who voted, amount to what percentage of the district?
Jerry had more money than his opponent. But what IF....the field was leveled and Jerry didn't have as much money and he had to battle more with content, facts and character?
We need to get the sideline voters, and unregistered of voting age, to sit down and talk about our future. Changing the kind of people we tend to see in office, takes a though-out plan and patience.
The party leaders (want to) see the non-voters as apathetic and non-threatening. Wrong! I say there's tremendous passion, and all these people need is a focused plan of attack, sort of like a written business plan. As mile-marks are surpassed, the citizens will visibly see their efforts paying off. Look at the money Jerry spent!
Is if fair to the voters? I don't think so.
By current standards, only candidates with money make it to the political big leagues. How is this fair to the common voter?
Tax Payer

Sparta, NJ

#9 Apr 27, 2012
ImTiredOf_It wrote:
Mr. Knowles did not win by a landslide. A handful voted, and of them a few hundred took him over the top. The people who voted, amount to what percentage of the district?
Jerry had more money than his opponent. But what IF....the field was leveled and Jerry didn't have as much money and he had to battle more with content, facts and character?
We need to get the sideline voters, and unregistered of voting age, to sit down and talk about our future. Changing the kind of people we tend to see in office, takes a though-out plan and patience.
The party leaders (want to) see the non-voters as apathetic and non-threatening. Wrong! I say there's tremendous passion, and all these people need is a focused plan of attack, sort of like a written business plan. As mile-marks are surpassed, the citizens will visibly see their efforts paying off. Look at the money Jerry spent!
Is if fair to the voters? I don't think so.
By current standards, only candidates with money make it to the political big leagues. How is this fair to the common voter?
Uh, I've never been paid to vote ... and I ignore ads ... and I hate robocalls at suppertime ... but I do vote. And, yes, the majority of people couldn't care one way or the other until it hits them in the pocketbook or wallet. We get exactly the government we deserve. Look what the hell is in Washington! LOL America is lost.
Hep C

Wellsboro, PA

#10 Apr 27, 2012
I love politicians' livers the best. The lowest of the low.

Since: Aug 09

Tamaqua, PA

#11 Apr 29, 2012
Money most definitely equates with more exposure and more votes. Robo-calls work, just like the multi-millions of junk mail credit card applications financial companies send out each month.
Campaign signs, billboards, and radio spots get the name of the candidate into people's ears, along with the message out. Without exposure, no one knows your name or your agenda. It's only fair that the field be leveled so all voices are heard, and no single candidate gets the upper hand.
Tired_Too

Hollywood, FL

#12 May 2, 2012
ImTiredOf_It wrote:
Money most definitely equates with more exposure and more votes. Robo-calls work, just like the multi-millions of junk mail credit card applications financial companies send out each month.
Campaign signs, billboards, and radio spots get the name of the candidate into people's ears, along with the message out. Without exposure, no one knows your name or your agenda. It's only fair that the field be leveled so all voices are heard, and no single candidate gets the upper hand.
In this case, and what you don't want people to believe, is that Padora was allegedly financed by a pa group that spent $30k-$50k on his campaign. Is this true? We'll find out soon enough. See link below for reference:
The question is who is CAP and who finances their operations? I'd like to know since they seem to be spending quite a bit of money to influence elections across PA.
http://www.politicspa.com/knowles-seeks-to-ra...
the awkward moment when

Wellsboro, PA

#13 May 8, 2012
... Jerry Knowles is considered normal compared to his inlaws.
hobo blow

Wellsboro, PA

#14 May 10, 2012
snitchy wrote:
His in-laws have some skeletons in their closets. He married into freakiness, not his fault.
I heard about them low life. Holy god were they scumbags, all on workman's comp or gov't disability. I am proud of him for not letting them derelicts hold him down. Like how Bill Clinton dealt with Roger.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Schuylkill County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Eight Arrested in Drug Sweep Jan 15 Tamaqua PD 11
Panther Valley approves tax increases (Jun '08) Dec '14 Pondish 64
Police Chief Video Sparks Controversy (Jul '13) Dec '14 progressive 4
Pottsville woman going to court for injuring in... Sep '14 KFP Sales Committee 1
Man dies after accident that closed Route 611 i... Aug '14 Resident on 611 1
Woman Charged After Infant's Body Found Aug '14 justinstartzel 5
Authorities bust street-level dealers in Tamaqua (Oct '09) Jun '14 jimminy peenies 25
More from around the web