Possible swine flu cases reported in Schenectady County

Full story: WNYT Albany

The first potential cases of swine flu have been reported in the Capital Region.
Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Apr 30, 2009
Mike Brown

Howland, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Apr 29, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

AS I SEE IT ---- Mike "Mainer Mike" Brown.

YOUR GOING TO DIE!!!

Or at least that's what the media likes to report.

But I figure hey, their's nothing I can do about it, so why should I worry about it?

We're all going to die anyway, so what difference does it make?!

Since: Feb 08

Albany, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Apr 29, 2009
 
The media frenzy around this whole Swine Flu epidemic makes me wonder? Now where are all those infected pigs where this must have come from? There are none because this is man made virus released by human error of soem kind. Lets not forget on the 22nd of April those 3 vials of viruses that had turned up missing.
mommy11

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Apr 29, 2009
 
Gamma ma wrote:
. Lets not forget on the 22nd of April those 3 vials of viruses that had turned up missing.
Ok i missed something ...what 3 vials r u talking about?
Frank Stein

Troy, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Apr 29, 2009
 
You can get up-to-the-minute news about the Swine Flu on your iPhone or iPod Touch by visiting http://swineflu.webappuniverse.com on your device.
shel

Amsterdam, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Apr 29, 2009
 
theres at least one tested from saratoga hospital - funny it wasnt reported

Since: Feb 08

Ghent, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Apr 30, 2009
 
mommy11 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok i missed something ...what 3 vials r u talking about?
There were 3 vials reported missing from a research facility in Maryland on April 22nd this was reported by the Army on April 22nd you can find an article about this on cnn.com or msnbc.com and its not Swine flu now they're trying to change the name and call it what it really is H1N1 whatever that is?

Since: Feb 08

Ghent, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Apr 30, 2009
 
Okay everyone lets not get caught up in this world panic. We have here in upstate New York some of the best hospitals and emergency medicine available to those who will need it. Now we can also help proetct ourselves by taking some very basic precautionary steps to battle this Flu epidemic which has broken out all over the world. Now we all know that the best way is to stay vigiliant with washing the hands and items that come in ontact with infeted persons. You can also just do day to day precations as to making sure all sufaces around you are disinfected such as yes the very keyboard on which you and me are typing on. Giev it a wisp of the good old Lysol and grab some ckean clothes and wipe down your work space and at home put a cap of bleach in with the dishwashing to work a s a disinfectant. Should you come down with the flu limit where you go in the home make sure you wash hands and surfaces or have them done for you . Any soiled linenes should be washed immediately not to be let to sit wash in the hottest water. Simple everyday precautions and common sense will take us all a long way and we will get throught this.......Have a safe and healthy day everyone!

Since: Feb 08

Ghent, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Apr 30, 2009
 
Gamma ma wrote:
Okay everyone lets not get caught up in this world panic. We have here in upstate New York some of the best hospitals and emergency medicine available to those who will need it. Now we can also help proetct ourselves by taking some very basic precautionary steps to battle this Flu epidemic which has broken out all over the world. Now we all know that the best way is to stay vigiliant with washing the hands and items that come in ontact with infeted persons. You can also just do day to day precations as to making sure all sufaces around you are disinfected such as yes the very keyboard on which you and me are typing on. Giev it a wisp of the good old Lysol and grab some ckean clothes and wipe down your work space and at home put a cap of bleach in with the dishwashing to work a s a disinfectant. Should you come down with the flu limit where you go in the home make sure you wash hands and surfaces or have them done for you . Any soiled linenes should be washed immediately not to be let to sit wash in the hottest water. Simple everyday precautions and common sense will take us all a long way and we will get throught this.......Have a safe and healthy day everyone!
Please excuse the typos some keys are sticking:)
True

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Apr 30, 2009
 
St. Peters also has a suspected case.

ER entrance is "quarantined," etc.
kathy

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Apr 30, 2009
 
Gamma ma wrote:
Okay everyone lets not get caught up in this world panic. We have here in upstate New York some of the best hospitals and emergency medicine available to those who will need it. Now we can also help proetct ourselves by taking some very basic precautionary steps to battle this Flu epidemic which has broken out all over the world. Now we all know that the best way is to stay vigiliant with washing the hands and items that come in ontact with infeted persons. You can also just do day to day precations as to making sure all sufaces around you are disinfected such as yes the very keyboard on which you and me are typing on. Giev it a wisp of the good old Lysol and grab some ckean clothes and wipe down your work space and at home put a cap of bleach in with the dishwashing to work a s a disinfectant. Should you come down with the flu limit where you go in the home make sure you wash hands and surfaces or have them done for you . Any soiled linenes should be washed immediately not to be let to sit wash in the hottest water. Simple everyday precautions and common sense will take us all a long way and we will get throught this.......Have a safe and healthy day everyone!
Very good advice for everyone. Thank you.

Since: Feb 08

Ghent, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Apr 30, 2009
 
True wrote:
St. Peters also has a suspected case.
ER entrance is "quarantined," etc.
Is this true ? Now I have to tratc down a grandchild because her mom works there gotta make sure she is okay.
John

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Apr 30, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

The reaction of the Federal and State government has been HORRIBLE up till now. The border with Mexico and all travel to and from Mexico should have been shut down WEEKS AGO! The plan from WHO, their OPTIMAL plan, called for any emerging pandemic to be quarantined through travel bans, and the area flooded with anti-viral drugs to wipe out the flu before it got started. WHO officials have admitted that they did not follow this plan because of concerns about the ECONOMY of Mexico, which was already reeling due to the global economy and their problems with the drug wars. People should be OUTRAGED that the US Government and WHO places a higher value on the loss of the $57 million dollars a day that the economy of Mexico would lose if its border was closed, rather than being concerned with the health and well being of everyday people.

“Kaili05”

Since: Feb 09

Amsterdam

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Apr 30, 2009
 
John wrote:
The reaction of the Federal and State government has been HORRIBLE up till now. The border with Mexico and all travel to and from Mexico should have been shut down WEEKS AGO! The plan from WHO, their OPTIMAL plan, called for any emerging pandemic to be quarantined through travel bans, and the area flooded with anti-viral drugs to wipe out the flu before it got started. WHO officials have admitted that they did not follow this plan because of concerns about the ECONOMY of Mexico, which was already reeling due to the global economy and their problems with the drug wars. People should be OUTRAGED that the US Government and WHO places a higher value on the loss of the $57 million dollars a day that the economy of Mexico would lose if its border was closed, rather than being concerned with the health and well being of everyday people.
You got that right!
Those borders should have been shut until this mess is over.It shows how much our government cares for us huh?
True

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Apr 30, 2009
 
Gamma Ma, it's true there is a SUSPECTED case. It has not been confirmed.

You can't even go in through the ER entrance unless you are a patient. It's all blocked off with yellow tape, cones, and security staff.

Since: Feb 08

Ghent, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Apr 30, 2009
 
True wrote:
Gamma Ma, it's true there is a SUSPECTED case. It has not been confirmed.
You can't even go in through the ER entrance unless you are a patient. It's all blocked off with yellow tape, cones, and security staff.
Let me make a call need to make sure granddaughters okay.
True

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Apr 30, 2009
 
The Times union is reporting that closing/guarding the ER entrance at SPH is "precautionary."

Riiiiiiiight.

Not what I heard.
wot

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Apr 30, 2009
 
This is just another Donald Rumsfeld fueled made up disaster scam to make him rich like the Swine Flu in 76, the bird flu and his operations in Iraq...seems strange Rumsfeld is in a position to make large amounts of money anytime something bad happens...things that make you go...hmmmmmmmm.

The only cure for the deadly disease was a drug called Tamiflu, which is produced by the Gilead Sciences pharmaceutical company, whose CEO happened to be Donald Rumsfeld from 1997 to 2001. He stepped down from the position after he took up office as the chief of the Pentagon in Bushs administration. But he did not give up his shares in the company.

The American company made millions of dollars and its shares skyrocketed. Rumsfeld became one of the wealthiest men in America from the earnings from the drug. The Swiss company Roche purchased the rights to the production of Tamiflu, so Gilead made additional profit on that sale. The CNN wrote about that at the time, stating that during the bird flu pandemic, Rumsfeld even intended to sell his shares in Gilead, but was advised to keep his shares and not to make his intentions public.

But Rumsfelds name was not just connected with the bird flu, but also with the swine flu in the United States in 1976. The story began when one soldier died in New Jersey from what experts believed to be an identical strain of the swine flu virus from 1918. At the time, Rumsfeld was Secretary of Defense and initiated swift action, convincing the people that the new administration would make sure that every man, woman and child in America are vaccinated. At that time the presidential campaign was underway and candidate Gerard Ford received additional support from this and became the president. The vaccine was produced and distributed across the country at lightning speed. The program stopped just a month after the elections.

Make you really wonder when you really look into it.
Raffaviv

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Apr 30, 2009
 
kinda funny that the ´´source´´of where this swine flu is, in mexico.
The large over crowded pigs in stalls meant for 5, fits 16 is OWNED by a AMERICAN COMPANY! Smithfeild, has yet to allow any one to come onto thier 50,000 pig farm plus and do tests.

I smell greed once again.
This time we all fucked.
Raffaviv

Germany

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Apr 30, 2009
 
Also too,, the only continet not affected,,is AFRICA!!!!!!!!!!
might wanna have the ´´WHO´´ see why and learn .

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Schenectady County Discussions

Search the Schenectady County Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Schenectady County eyes worker's anti-gay email... May '14 Paul from 03048 2
Central Ave. motels house working poor (Sep '13) Sep '13 Nina 1
Six arrested in Schenectady County welfare frau... (Mar '09) May '13 indacrapper 14
111th Assembly District race down to the wire (Nov '12) Nov '12 cgd 5
Police continuing investigation in wake of busi... (Aug '12) Aug '12 investigation 3
Anyone have any ideas for Curry Road Plaza? (Jun '12) Jun '12 Tana Mendez 2
Schenectady County nursing home construction bi... (Jun '12) Jun '12 GMC 1
•••
•••