Remains of missing Littleton girl found in NY

Full story: Fox 31 KDVR

Bone fragments found in upstate New York woods have been identified as remains of an 18-year-old Colorado woman who disappeared while selling magazines door-to-door in August 2003.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Goodbye Friend

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

Jenny I will miss you so much. I have waited years to hear if you were all right and this news breaks my heart. I had some of the best times of my life with you. And as for the post from Politically Incorrect... Jenny was aware and smart but young... this news is absolutely heartbreaking and no one deserves to be blamed for "getting themselves killed".... the only one who should be blamed is the person sick enough to do this to my greatest friend! See you in heaven Jenny...

Always and forever your friend
BAS

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

I'm in shock to hear about this crime; the thought of it sickens me.

Jenny and I attended the same church in high school, and we were close friends. She was a sweet, energetic and very outgoing girl, and I always enjoyed her company. I'll never forget her constant smile and unforgettable laughter.

To Jenny's family: Stay strong, allow yourself to grieve, and find peace and comfort in those around you. You are in my prayers.

May God's love surround you and support you through this most difficult time.
Dar

Littleton, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

My God... I can't believe this. She was such a sweet girl. I just can't believe she's dead. I hope whoever did this to her is caught and suffers terribly.
Politically Incorrect

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2009

Goodbye Friend wrote:
Jenny I will miss you so much. I have waited years to hear if you were all right and this news breaks my heart. I had some of the best times of my life with you. And as for the post from Politically Incorrect... Jenny was aware and smart but young... this news is absolutely heartbreaking and no one deserves to be blamed for "getting themselves killed".... the only one who should be blamed is the person sick enough to do this to my greatest friend! See you in heaven Jenny...
Always and forever your friend
I am truly sorry for your friend.
icewolf

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

Selling magazines at a trailer park in New York? What the h3ll is going on with that? And she was from Littleton? I know she was 18, but for God's sake. If you want to find a kook, there have been plenty in trailer parks in the past when it comes to murdered/missing children. If they were going to sell something they should have been in pairs.
raysmom

Pueblo, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

I always give to the Rape Crisis Center. But I get so mad when these young girls are out alone, knocking on doors, in the dark, for donations! I called and told them to call me, instead. DUH?

Since: Sep 09

Villa Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

Judged:

These crimes truly sadden America. In this day and age we have to start watching out for one another in our own neighborhoods.
But Ray's, one of these days I might come knocking on your door, and guess what? Yep, slurp and smoooooochh, right on the cheek! Oh baby, oh baby!

Since: Oct 09

Foster City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

Thanks to all the LIBERAL do-gooders who keep letting criminals back on the street to kill and maim. Most live in upscale neighborhoods where police constantly patrol, so crime is relatively low. Yet they insist on criminals being given second, third, fourth and even fifth chances to commit crimes again. Have you ever noticed there are no halfway houses in upscale neighborhoods, only in middle and lower income neighborhoods? Things that make you go MMMMMM.

Lombard, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

Yes sir lite! There was a time when the beat cop knew his neighborhood like the back of his hand. When kids didn't get the guidance at home, he would most likely show up at the house with the kid in hand and have a "come to Jesus" meeting with the parents. He would also hold court in the street now and then. So many potential problems nipped in the bud. But not now days, to many bleeding hearts.. parents of bad children included. Tell me the school teachers today don't have their hands full. The list goes on and on.
Amber

Patrick, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

Jenny, I can't believe that you're gone. You will be missed and have been missed! I can still hear your voice in my head and remember all the crazy fun stuff we all did at church together! It's a complete shock to all of us who knew Jenny! And these comments about why she was doing this, it's simply because she wanted to. That's the kind of girl she was. She was very smart, loving, and so much fun to be around! I love you girl, we will fight for your justice!
raysmom

Pueblo, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

Amber, I don't think anyone here thinks this young lady did anything wrong- more that she was taken advantage of by people who used her to make money, like they do so many. I'm very sorry about your friend- she looked so young, I think us old parent-types just get angry that people like the scum who hurt her are given an opportunity to do so. My son is the age Jenny was when she disappeared- it breaks my heart.

Since: Oct 09

Englewood, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

It's things like this that scare me. Our "demon child" is 15...very pretty...and of course thinks she knows it all and can handle herself.

I absolutely abhor the kind of people that do things like this. I got kind of berated on the other board with my feelings towards child molesters and sex criminals. What these people have is a sickness and I don't think there is any rehab or happy pills or videos or whatever that can fix that.

I say off my planet. These sick puppies move right to the front of the line on death row.

My condolences to the family
liftstation

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

This is so very sad. I prey for comfort for all her friends and family.

Olathe, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2009

Truly a great loss of a young life trying to do the right thing. I would only hope the scumball responsible be found and dealt with accordingly, and perhaps by some twist of fate be turned over to me. I have 2 teenage daughters and am scared every waking moment of my life, not because they are rebellious but because of the freaks that are out there. I would gladly spend the rest of my life behind bars for my babies.
God rest this young girls soul, rest assured you are in the prayers of many.
liftstation

Warrenville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2009

Alfa, your a good ol dawg..you really are. I have a daughter that is way to brave. She runs at night in places she should stay away from. Last year she had a car full of hispanics, cross the road and come from behind her, going about 80. They got so close they brushed her clothing. She could hear them laughing for about a mile. Now what if she would have moved over 6 inches at that very second. I still see red just thinking about it. Our town is not that big and she remembered the car and a small bit of the license number. Needless to say, her brother (the Marine) and her father did not sleep until we found them. I will leave the rest of the story to you, but add that the Chief of Police is one of my closest friends. His son and my son were on the same football team that won the state championship 3 yrs ago and they both took the incident prety personnal. So the Marine and I were good to go.

Olathe, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2009

Gotta love a small town Brother, the Chief in the town where I grew up in NY was my cousin! I also have 2 sons to match the 2 daughters. The boys are scrappin', drinkin', believe in the right thing Irishmen like their Dad. They keep the strangers at bay and the boyfriends in check. Makes my job easy and even the girls let it be known if Daddy needs to know .... stand by.
There's not enough of it Lift. If some of these idiots were put in check on the down low The world may be a bit safer for our kids!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 16 of16
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Saratoga County Discussions

Search the Saratoga County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Albany County Correction Officer arrested for a... (Mar '13) Jan '14 Nagy 5
Q&A: Saratoga County Family Court Judge (Nov '08) Dec '13 Cheryl Hall 10
Mechanicville man arrested, accused of child po... Dec '13 kelli 1
Guilty plea coming in lover's slaying Nov '13 I dont understand 1
Well-known city natives face off in Mechanicville Oct '13 I KNOW 2
Former Ogdensburg orthodontist convicted of fra... Oct '13 Disbeliever 1
Rome Police arrest one suspect in armed robbery (Jun '13) Jun '13 SALTYNUTS 10
•••
•••