Hunter rescues duct-taped dog left in...

Hunter rescues duct-taped dog left in NY woods

There are 29 comments on the WHEC-TV Rochester, NY story from Nov 13, 2009, titled Hunter rescues duct-taped dog left in NY woods. In it, WHEC-TV Rochester, NY reports that:

A dog found bound with duct tape, stuffed into a trash bag and left to die on the southeastern edge of the Adirondacks is recovering after being rescued by a hunter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WHEC-TV Rochester, NY.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Dewey

Rochester, NY

#21 Nov 13, 2009
dog lover wrote:
Dewey, Michael Vick did use his own pets as fighters. He raised them from puppies and used one of his prize males, in particular. They would've done anything for him and the ones who did not want to fight, or did not do well in a fight, were tortured and killed. His family pet had fighting scars. And, regardless of his level of participation, he was involved in a illegal activity, yet our society sees him as a hero. I totally understand Jimboe's rage.
I wonder if Jimboe has this same anger towards hunters. Hunters kill innocent defenseless animals as well as butchers. Butchers kill and slice, dice and cube away at animals everyday. We still eat meat though. I'm not mad at the butcher, hunter or Vick. Vick had repairations completing his jail sentence. This guy/gal needs to be found, jailed and then that will be the end of it. This dog did not die, so neither should the responsible party. IMO.
Steve

Cleveland, OH

#22 Nov 13, 2009
To everyone out there who thinks Vick didn't pay his time: I agree. I wish he had done more time. But he didn't. Now to those who think he should not be allowed to play football and get back into his career. Someone who does a similar crime but is, oh... let's say a teacher, or a truck driver, or a construction worker, or a mailman, or what the hell ever their job is. Should they never be allowed to go back to the career they had before? If Joe Schmoe did the exact same thing as Vick and did the prison time, should he not be able to get back into the same field of work he was involved with before he was locked up? I understand that football players are roll models, yes, however at the same time, we as parents need to tell our kids that Vick spent 2 or 3 or 4 (I can't rememeber) years in jail for what he did. I just think he needs to get a little slack. Hate him for what he did fine but I don't see why anyone should have a reason to not want him back in the NFL. I am actual impartial. If they would have banned him, I would not have cared. Just like now. I could not care less. The NFL is a job. If the boss wants to let a dog fighter back in the league after he serves his time to SOCIETY not the league, thats fine. Plaxico Burress... unregistered concealed weapon in NYC. After he gets out of jail, if the leage allows then he should be able to be reinstated in the NFL.
jimboe

Rochester, NY

#23 Nov 13, 2009
No. I don't think of hunting in the same way.

I can't argue this anymore. Just let the youth of today admire an animal killer and people who run around with guns all the time.

Seriously, when did all this compassion for people who kill come about?

Vick has been rewarded for completing a jail sentence. I mean WTF?!?!??!?!?
Opinionated

Fairport, NY

#24 Nov 13, 2009
Thats awful for someone to do this to an animal, thank God the owners were located.
Julie

AOL

#25 Nov 13, 2009
Avid Pet Lover wrote:
This is so cruel and sickening! Sad truth is that whomever did this if ever caught will get away with bareley any punishment!
Not if I am around. That hurt my heart bad. I wish I could be the one to find whoever did that.
Grandmom J

Rochester, NY

#26 Nov 13, 2009
When they catch the person who duct taped the dog, my opinion would be to do the same to him. Someone who would do this would also be abusive to people. What a disgraceful coward.
Steve

Mentor, OH

#27 Nov 13, 2009
jimboe wrote:
No. I don't think of hunting in the same way.
I can't argue this anymore. Just let the youth of today admire an animal killer and people who run around with guns all the time.
Seriously, when did all this compassion for people who kill come about?
Vick has been rewarded for completing a jail sentence. I mean ****?!?!??
He was not rewarded. Think of it as being given a new job, same position, different law firm. If this was a lawyer, doctor, truck driver no one would say that he should never get another job in his field. He was "fired" the falcons and took a new job with the eagles.
Jewelz

Craigsville, VA

#28 Nov 13, 2009
who="laura"]Chances are whoever did this has done similiar stuff before...be careful out there...serial killers start out like that.
My thought exactly. To think that this sick bastard is roaming somewhere in NY or anywhere for that matter truly sickens me. If caught he'll just get a smack on the hand. Till he actually does kill someone and then they'll say. What?????? Laws need to be changed!!!!!
maureenmaryeliza beth

AOL

#29 Nov 15, 2009
I hope to god that who ever is responsible is for and charged very rarshly for what cruel thing they did to one of gods lovely 4 legged wonders.. there is no excuse for that type of treatment..no no excuse...who ever they are they have to be rotten to the core;;;;lets hope they don,t slip thru the craCKS OF THE JUDICIAL SYSTEM they need help for there head that they could do such a thing to animal,human..my fear is if they can do it to a dog just what are they capable of doing to a human..i pray to god that they are found quickly before they strick again..yes there is evil in this world and iam heart sick for the inocent that get caught in the cross fire...being a christian iam trying to be very polite but iam very angry inside that people have that side.. in these hard times..Iam grateful that the owners have Daisy back so they can love her and help here feel safe and secure again. Just like a child a 4 legged lovely get frightened more then you might imagine..love and patients can do miracles to humans and animals of any kind..please give Daisy the inner strength to find her inner strenght that i know is there..Daisy my love you hang in there..angels are all around you...because you are beautiful loving and strong no ONE should EVER TREAT anything that way.. My tears go out to the owners because i have a 11yr old beauty named BRANDY that i got at the pound when she was 5mo. old. and Kitty Kat that was my uncles, that was tossed out at the farm left to survive on her own..They are my God sent angles to me and will always be in my memories of my heart forever..By the way Brandy is 11yrs. but not old at all try and keep up with her..She has the spirit and health of a young dog.. really really..Brandy and Kitty Kat send you their best wishes for a speeding and full recovery..Take care and know that you and your familey are in my prayers...bye bye

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saratoga County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Malta men accused of burglary spree Aug '17 TrustTheProcess21 1
News Some concerned after 16 undocumented immigrants... Jun '17 spytheweb 2
News Mechanicville man arrested, accused of child po... (Dec '13) Apr '17 Ashley 2
Saratoga County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal Re... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Clara 2
News Clifton Park ZBA approves new Market 32 vote (Sep '15) Oct '15 Mayor P 3
News Clifton Park ZBA being sued over its votes on M... (Aug '15) Oct '15 Mayor P 2
News LaQuinta Inn & Suites latest hotel targeting Cl... (Jul '15) Oct '15 Mayor P 4
More from around the web