Was DA murphy Serious? He let Brent D...

Was DA murphy Serious? He let Brent Dupras go for breaking into a house

Posted in the Saratoga County Forum

Brent Dupras walks again

Schenectady, NY

#1 Jan 26, 2011
Read this article from Niskayuna Journal. DA Jim Murphy talks about stalking.. Hello he just let a cop get away with burglarizing his ex girlfriends house. If that is not domestic violence nothing is. Ask Mr. Murphy to play the 911 tapes for the public.

Spotlight News 01/25/11More articles
January is National Stalking Awareness Month and Saratoga County District Attorney James A. Murphy released information about stalking.

Murphy said that while stalking is an old behavior, it's a "relatively new crime" and is defined as the "persistent, unwanted pursuit of an individual that is threatening or harassing in nature, causing fear and psychological unrest. What makes stalking unique is that it is committed over a prolonged period of time during which it can often escalate in intensity, he said.

Common things that stalking victims report include being followed and watched, receiving unwanted calls, emails and letters and suffering actual or threats of physical injury or destruction of property. Murphy said that stalkers can be ex-spouses, acquaintances or strangers and can sometimes trick entities like the DMV, employers and even medical establishments to gain access to the victimís private information.

Murphy said that victims should notify police if they are being stalked and give a detailed log of all the incidents.
dazed and amazed

United States

#2 Jan 27, 2011
This is another classic case of the DA talking out both sides of his mouth. He had several months to present this case to a Grand Jury and chose not to because of who this guy is. What kind of message does this send to the public? There are standards for cops that don't apply to the rest of us.

I really hope I'm in a position that this guy violates my civil rights some day. Believe me, it will not get swept under the rug and I will become very rich as a result.

I wonder if the Mr.Murphy realizes that its not a matter of if this guy screws up again, its when. Lets hope Mr. Murphy some innocent person doesn't get seriously hurt because you don't have the foresight of whats really going on.

Ask any cop in Saratoga. I am friends with a few of them. They will tell you Dupras is hated by his own colleagues.
You have no idea

Selkirk, NY

#3 Jan 27, 2011
If you think the public is upset by this you should really talk to some of the cops in the area. I'm friends with several from a few different departments and they are all sick about it. Some of them said they can't understand how he did not even lose being a Sgt. Who wants that guy for a boss.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saratoga County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Saratoga County Arrest Mugshots and Criminal Re... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Clara 2
News Clifton Park ZBA approves new Market 32 vote (Sep '15) Oct '15 Mayor P 3
News Clifton Park ZBA being sued over its votes on M... (Aug '15) Oct '15 Mayor P 2
News LaQuinta Inn & Suites latest hotel targeting Cl... (Jul '15) Oct '15 Mayor P 4
News Chamber moving to a downtowna Clifton Park (Jun '15) Oct '15 Mayor P 2
News Chamber of Southern Saratoga relocating to Clif... (May '15) Oct '15 Mayor P 2
News Hotel project proposed for Clifton Park (Apr '15) Oct '15 Mayor P 2
More from around the web