Morrison sentenced to service

Aug 27, 2010 Full story: Press-Republican 11

Morrison appeared in Schroon Town Court recently and was sentenced to 100 hours of community service, three years' probation, a $1,500 fine, and he must repay $40,000 to the town.

Full Story
bernie

Cobleskill, NY

#1 Aug 28, 2010
The penalty seems fair but who knows and how much did his uncle abet this excursion into crime? Paid hannsomely for unbidded sand delivery, you would naturally think his first question would have been, "Whom did I underbid anway?" The answer of course was nobody! Shame on you PA and your family. Just hope you don't breed like fruit flies.
foal

Ballston Spa, NY

#2 Aug 28, 2010
It happened because most of the elected officials in this town look down on the voters and have a basic arrogance towards us all. Pat Morrison is merely a symptom and emblem of this.
good ole boy

Cobleskill, NY

#3 Aug 28, 2010
foal wrote:
It happened because most of the elected officials in this town look down on the voters and have a basic arrogance towards us all. Pat Morrison is merely a symptom and emblem of this.
First of all, Pat is an arrogant sob and thinks his shit is ice cream. For the most part you tax payers ,including myself are being screwed. My theory is if you fu&k me, I'd at least like to feel it.Our town officials are totally vacuous.
Cnoevil

Troy, NY

#4 Aug 29, 2010
You A------- need to back off. He made his mistake, hes paid for his crime. Do you think he was the only town official that has done wrong ? The others have'nt been caught up with yet.
Bob

Bolton Landing, NY

#5 Aug 31, 2010
The sad thing is they never will be caught. Pat is paying for his crime now let it go.
Facts

Albany, NY

#6 Aug 31, 2010
bernie wrote:
The penalty seems fair but who knows and how much did his uncle abet this excursion into crime? Paid hannsomely for unbidded sand delivery, you would naturally think his first question would have been, "Whom did I underbid anway?" The answer of course was nobody! Shame on you PA and your family. Just hope you don't breed like fruit flies.
Before you make accusations...you need to get your facts straight. For your information Pat did get 3 bids for the sand and he went with the lowest bidder! Yeah, it was his uncle, but he was still able to save the taxpayers over $1200 by going with the cheapest bid. Would you rather that he went with the higher bid just because it was a non-relative?!?
Yea

Bolton Landing, NY

#7 Aug 31, 2010
Pat Morrison is a good man and a great father. I would put him up against 95% of the dead beats fathers in this community. He made a bad mistake, but he is a good person. His problem was that he was just to nice to be a politician. Pat know that alot people out here still think you are a great guy who made a mistake. And let he who is without sin please cast the first comment. I have know him for many years and they don't come any nicer. His uncle Pat is also a good man who would take the shirt off his back to help anyone.
Mistakes and Town Board

Middlebury, VT

#8 Aug 31, 2010
If the purchases P.M. made WERE APPROVED BY SOMEONE SOMEWHERE FROM THE TOWN BOARD, then WHY aren't these people being held accountable, too???
Yea wrote:
Pat Morrison is a good man and a great father. I would put him up against 95% of the dead beats fathers in this community. He made a bad mistake, but he is a good person. His problem was that he was just to nice to be a politician. Pat know that alot people out here still think you are a great guy who made a mistake. And let he who is without sin please cast the first comment. I have know him for many years and they don't come any nicer. His uncle Pat is also a good man who would take the shirt off his back to help anyone.
bubba

Cobleskill, NY

#9 Aug 31, 2010
boo hoo, if you do the crime, you have to do the time. I don't feel sorry for him at all. I'd like to know if you are all on here complaining about the town officials, how in hell do they keep getting elected. We need to give the town an enema.
horseface

Ballston Spa, NY

#10 Aug 31, 2010
PM is just emblematic of the corruption in this town. They're all on the take in one way or another. Get used to it, hasn't changed in generations and its not about to start changing now.
Not on the Take

Cobleskill, NY

#11 Aug 31, 2010
Mistakes and Town Board wrote:
If the purchases P.M. made WERE APPROVED BY SOMEONE SOMEWHERE FROM THE TOWN BOARD, then WHY aren't these people being held accountable, too???
<quoted text>
The person that accepted the bribe broke the law. Making mistakes or being generally incompetent are not crimes and therefore not subject to criminal prosecution, sorry, now piss in your own Cheerios and off the PC and back to work!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Saratoga County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY sheriff's deputy suspended over video Nov '14 Fight back on bad... 1
Remembrance Day at Granta s Cottage Nov '14 real discussions 2
N.Y. prison officers block journalists from tou... Nov '14 your city your news 2
Q&A: Saratoga County Family Court Judge (Nov '08) Oct '14 Gran 11
Figuring out the laws of the lake Jul '14 jim shepard 1
Racino (May '14) May '14 Racino 1
Walmart looks at Ballston again (May '14) May '14 chris hensel 1
More from around the web