Man sentenced to 7 years in prison fo...

Man sentenced to 7 years in prison for drug, gang charges

There are 5 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Jan 5, 2012, titled Man sentenced to 7 years in prison for drug, gang charges. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

A known felon and gang member is headed to prison on a seven-year sentence for selling cocaine, according to the Santa Cruz County District Attorney's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#1 Jan 5, 2012
Once he gets out of prison he will be a changed man. He will attend school and become a well educated citizen of society. He will save lives because he will become a doctor.
Your stupid to even believe any of this if you even thought that was a possibility. You know and I know that in reality this shit bag will come out in seven years only to commit far worse crimes, maybe even kill a baby since that is the new thing going on. These people should get more than just a blipping slap on the hand and stop taking our tax money for their stupidity.
dOgBErt rOSco

Visalia, CA

#2 Jan 6, 2012
Common-sense, community service picking up trash. Like you say the jails are nothing more than higher education for the gangs. So why waist money on drug crimes, sick people and there drugs, teach your children well, listen to them. Stop the demand, the dealers will always be here and we can afford the largestr per capita jail system in the world.
ABC

Marina, CA

#3 Jan 6, 2012
There is NO HOPE for the Mexican Youth. They imitate their gang banger parents and relative. they have no other image to emulate, so the end up drug addicted criminals. I say "No babies" for Mexican parents who have anything derogatory in their past.
avocate for at risk teens

Aromas, CA

#4 Jan 10, 2012
i believe he can change instead of speaking so much smack about him we should be trying to up lift him and think postive maybe 7 years in prison will help him think and to say he might kill a baby thats just wrong....and to say he learned it from his parents and family u dnt even know his family....and i know from experiencce i grew up in a gang family and i changed my ways now im a youth leader and i help out kids and young adult going down the wrong path.....IF GOD CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS HE CAN CHANGE A GANG MEMBER SO I HAVE ALL THE FAITH FOR HIM

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#5 May 31, 2012
Good for you! I'm glad to hear you changed, but the reality is that this guy has a really slim chance and it's about $250,000 of tax money to maintain an inmate. I am so tired of this. Maybe the justice system has failed us in such a way that people are just not that scared anymore to committing crimes.
avocate for at risk teens wrote:
i believe he can change instead of speaking so much smack about him we should be trying to up lift him and think postive maybe 7 years in prison will help him think and to say he might kill a baby thats just wrong....and to say he learned it from his parents and family u dnt even know his family....and i know from experiencce i grew up in a gang family and i changed my ways now im a youth leader and i help out kids and young adult going down the wrong path.....IF GOD CAN MOVE MOUNTAINS HE CAN CHANGE A GANG MEMBER SO I HAVE ALL THE FAITH FOR HIM

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Storm leaves over 80k South Bay residents, airp... Feb '17 Bobby Lauser 1
News Two gang fights break out in Santa Cruz County ... (Jul '10) Feb '17 jesus 53
News Watsonville reaches settlement with plaintiff i... Jan '17 The people 1
News Watsonville settles city employee discriminatio... Jan '17 The people 1
News KKK Recruiting in Santa Cruz (Jul '08) Nov '16 Blobbit 21
Santa Cruz County Arrest Records and Criminal M... (Oct '16) Oct '16 Emily 2
News Meth lab found in Bonny Doon barn, first drug-c... (Jul '10) Sep '16 cracked up 306
More from around the web