Watsonville Police Gun Down Shooter Inside Big 5 Store
Jun 7, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: KSBW-TV
Watsonville police gunned down a man inside a Big 5 Sporting Goods store who locked the store's doors, loaded a gun that was for sale, and opened fire, Tuesday, police said.
#1 Jun 7, 2011
I work across the street and this was too close for our comfort over here. So it seems this man was obviously planning to shoot people in the store, customers and employees alike. The quick thinking employees who acted and dialed 911 within that small window of opportunity, the 911 operators who took that call and the brave Watsonville Police Department and other law enforcement officials who responded are all heroes. You undoubtedly saved some innocent lives this morning. Thank you so very much~
#2 Jun 7, 2011
Hi i was wondering if you could see how the man looked like? i am looking for my brother who has been missing for about 3 weeks. were looking for anyone to see if we can find him. please reply
#3 Jun 8, 2011
I strongly disagree!
In order for Watsonville to continue to flourish as a Sanctuary City, less government involvement is necessary. Within a week of this incident, there will be a lawsuit filed against the city of Watsonville, the police department, and the individual officers involved—and rightfully so.
This is an obvious outrage against the minority population that struggles to make ends meet within this city. This man was not only targeted because of his minority status, but was also a victim of excessive force.
If the victim's family has any wherewithal, they should be attempting to contact some knowledgeable and high-profile legal representation (Gloria Allred, for example) or make this an issue of what this truly is—a shame on civil rights—by contacting the ACLU.
Further, this will provide extensively more fodder for need to have a 100% ban on weaponry. If the store in question had not been selling firearms, this incident would have never taken place. The right-wing gun promoters who have bargained to keep firearms legal by requiring forms and waiting-periods obviously failed in this situation, as it only further infuriated the victim.
If the city of Watsonville would take some of the finances allocated to the law enforcement agencies that obviously have no concern for human life—would instead pay more attention to the living conditions of the unfortunate families (low income housing, medical and dental needs, education opportunities, etc.) then maybe this would have never happened.
As a citizen of Watsonville, I would like to extend my apologies to the victim's family.
Sorry folks! But that is just an example of what I continually hear from the apologists that continue to destroy this city.
- Law enforcement and fire protection agencies have to take cuts in pay and pension in order for free clinics and illegal immigrants continue to receive handouts and entitlements.
- Law enforcement will have the choice of whether they want to participate with Immigration in dealing with illegal immigrants committing crimes—which only allows criminals to continue to abuse this country and endanger our streets.
- There doesn't seem to be enough free/welfare/MediCal clinics, so Watsonville Hospital is building another one in an already overly busy shopping center.
- Planned Parenthood has moved to a new location, causing the rest of the medical complex patients and personnel to find parking alternatives (some having to park across the street in Home Depot, or the previous location of Planned Parenthood).
So the people that pay into insurance, pay their medical and dental bills will soon no longer be frequenting this complex due to the hassles of non-paying, entitlement-seeking "patients" can overrun the complex. And this says nothing of the six (yes, six) front-office personnel that work for Planned Parenthood, doing the job of maybe two people. Or Planned Parenthood reneging on their agreement with their physical therapy partners in the same building to erect a dividing wall, so now the Planned Parenthood visitors take up all the seating within the waiting room that is to be for _both_ tenants (guess who will be moving, or going out of business, due to this hassle!).
And lastly, Planned Parenthoods purposefully ignoring requests by other complex tenants to either properly use the cardboard bin (owned by another complex tenant) or refrain from using it. Instead they pile up unbroken down cardboard boxes, some filled with styrofoam, around the bin.
- Hey lets cut law enforcement—but there are people lined up at City Hall to whine and complain about not getting a liquor license for their gas station. According to a Sentinel article, Watsonville already has more than double the state guideline for liquor licenses per resident. Sounds like a smart plan to me: cut law enforcement, increase liquor licenses which increases crime issues. http://www.santacruzsentinel.com/localnews/ci...
Add your comments below
|PG&E advises customers to beware of inspectors ... (Feb '10)||Aug 12||roy saric||43|
|Prostitute Who Allegedly Finished Wine As Her C...||Jul '14||DBS||14|
|Santa Cruz to weigh ballot measures on election...||Jul '14||Tin_Lizzy||1|
|KKK Recruiting in Santa Cruz (Jul '08)||Jul '14||ANON||14|
|Beach goers in Santa Cruz warned after man step...||Jun '14||DBS||1|
|Group tracks 5,000 syringes found in 18 months ...||Jun '14||whambulance||12|
|Who Is Your Community Hero? Nominate for United...||Jun '14||tin lizzy||9|
Find what you want!
Search Santa Cruz County Forum Now