Santa Cruz homicide sparks proposal t...

Santa Cruz homicide sparks proposal to change homeless shelter rules

There are 21 comments on the KSBW-TV story from May 16, 2012, titled Santa Cruz homicide sparks proposal to change homeless shelter rules. In it, KSBW-TV reports that:

Fears about street-dwelling people threatening public safety wereA catapulted front and center with the violent death of Shannon Collins,A a popular 38-year-old Santa Cruz woman who owned Camouflage, a local boutique on Pacific Avenue.A On Wednesday, City Councilman Ryan Coonerty, City Councilwoman Lynn Robinson, Vice Mayor Hilary Bryant and ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSBW-TV.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DBS

United States

#5 May 17, 2012
People, please be kinder to homeless people when you see them. Offer them money if you have any extra, and most of all don't support these new, fascist proposals.
DBS not Colbyloser

Santa Clara, CA

#6 May 17, 2012
DBS wrote:
People, please be kinder to homeless people when you see them. Offer them money if you have any extra, and most of all don't support these new, fascist proposals.
What a KOOK!!!
One Woman Talking

Gig Harbor, WA

#7 May 17, 2012
DBS wrote:
I don't know, I'm getting tired of trolling for a mate by posing as an advocate for these losers. I don't think these proposals are Fascist in any way, in fact, I think we should do more to eradicate this problem.

Please, don't feed the homeless anymore. Remember, every piece of food that goes into someone else's mouth is one less piece of food in my belly.
OH by ALL means

Mountain View, CA

#8 May 17, 2012
DBS wrote:
Go right ahead and empty your pockets to the charity of your choice - just don't expect people to be happy and agreeable when the government takes tax dollars and donates to their chosen charities - taxes should be for supporting infrastructure and security - charitable contributions should be voluntary, not mandated via taxes.
DBS

United States

#9 May 17, 2012
Appeals for kindness towards the homeless seem to fall on deaf ears.
Shuddup Colbyloon

Santa Cruz, CA

#10 May 17, 2012
DBS wrote:
Did you try to find a job yet THIS YEAR???????
DBS

United States

#11 May 17, 2012
Again with the personal attacks, you dont know anything about me. I work, am affluent, I'm worldly, I'm a multi-millionare, and I care about the homeless and want to use these forums as a way to help them. So sue me. Alsi, I love freedom of speech, which I thought others on here did too.

We need to give more money to the homeless services center, and fix that place up.
Shuddup Colbyloon

Santa Cruz, CA

#12 May 17, 2012
DBS wrote:
Again with the personal attacks, you dont know anything about me. I work, am affluent, I'm worldly, I'm a multi-millionare,
Sure you are sweetie.

That's why you live in a catcrap stinking section-8 hovel and post to yourself all day.
DBS

San Mateo, CA

#15 May 17, 2012
I think if the city also published a mapof where the free food distribution is located, that would help people. Maybe the DTA could fund guides that would distribute them.

I'd call them "Homeless Guides" or something like that, and they could also be there to talk to homeless people if they got lonely, or were having an extra bad day.
DBS

San Mateo, CA

#16 May 17, 2012
Also, I feel that the definition of "security" in our community includes the safety of homeless people, not just the protection of the wealthy.

This includes offering food to people when they need it and building appropriate shelters for them.
Shuddup Colbyleech

Santa Cruz, CA

#17 May 17, 2012
DBS wrote:
I think if the city also published a mapof where the free food distribution is located, that would help people. Maybe the DTA could fund guides that would distribute them.
I'd call them "Homeless Guides" or something like that, and they could also be there to talk to homeless people if they got lonely, or were having an extra bad day.
Maybe you could get a job doing that.

Then you wouldn't be a Welfare parasite.
DBS

Union City, CA

#18 May 17, 2012
Blanket give-aways are also still imortant, even though it is techniclly springtime.

You try sleeping outside tonight without a blanket!
Shuddup Colbyloser

Santa Cruz, CA

#19 May 17, 2012
DBS wrote:
Blanket give-aways are also still imortant, even though it is techniclly springtime.
You're gonna be outdoors soon enough.

When the JS co. boots your loserbutt out!!!!
helms jeff

Milpitas, CA

#20 May 17, 2012
DBS wrote:
when the federal agents show up after the anti-latino race riot and take down bei-scott and all the others for washing narcotic money in real estate, I'M GONNA LAUGH MY ASS OFF.
Hey Jeffie

Santa Cruz, CA

#21 May 17, 2012
John Colby wants you to sit on his face again.

He said he likes the taste of your testcles.
Virginia Plain

Santa Cruz, CA

#24 May 17, 2012
DBS not ColbyLOON

Santa Clara, CA

#26 May 17, 2012
Virginia Plain wrote:
Get a job.
Virginia Plain

Santa Cruz, CA

#27 May 17, 2012
get laid or get rehab now. you're spiraling into madness. that's Plain sense.
DBS not ColbyLOON

Santa Clara, CA

#28 May 17, 2012
Sure thing Einstein.

You have it ALL figured out!!!
Virginia Plain

Santa Cruz, CA

#29 May 17, 2012
you really need to get laid. i offered to help you out but you have rebuffed me. most men, if you are one, would jump at the offer of a blow off job from Virginia.

are you gay?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Meth lab found in Bonny Doon barn, first drug-c... (Jul '10) Apr '16 WooF 37
News Meth lab found in Bonny Doon barn, first drug-c... (Jul '10) Apr '16 WooF 305
News Arrest made on child molestation charges (Sep '08) Apr '16 S O Homeless 3
News KKK Recruiting in Santa Cruz (Jul '08) Mar '16 Celeste 19
News New Watsonville police chief expected in March Feb '16 Chavo del eight 1
News Santa Cruz shooting suspect identified (Sep '15) Sep '15 flo 3
NO ILLEGALS DRUGS in CA (Aug '15) Aug '15 NO DRUGS ILLEGALS... 1
More from around the web