'We are 99 percent' rally brings toge...

'We are 99 percent' rally brings together union leaders, activist groups in Santa Cruz

There are 40 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Nov 17, 2011, titled 'We are 99 percent' rally brings together union leaders, activist groups in Santa Cruz. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Ben Chapman finished his college coursework in the summer but has been unable to find work, despite applying to a wide array of jobs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jefry helms

San Francisco, CA

#23 Dec 4, 2011
Jeffreys Nutz wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually jeffie would like to bite BJ's mega-pillow of a rear end. That is if they'd unlock the door of his rubber room.
keep taking with your mouth full guilt from humping on the 13 year old down the street after selling her bathtub speed.
Jeffreys Nutz

San Jose, CA

#24 Dec 4, 2011
jefry Bats in the Belfry helms wrote:
<quoted text>keep taking with your mouth full guilt from humping on the 13 year old down the street after selling her bathtub speed.
Still having trouble spelling your name, jeffie? You need to get your old sub, BJ, to help you with your spelling.
Jefry Halfdong

Santa Cruz, CA

#25 Dec 4, 2011
jefry helms wrote:
<quoted text>keep taking with your mouth full guilt from humping on the 13 year old down the street after selling her bathtub speed.
My mouth is full of what a real man
needs to thrive and survive...

You can only throw pebbles at the GOD
that is massive man has become over the
years with my vast intellect and well known
expertise in all things exotic and erotic....

Don't be a hater.
jeffry helms

San Francisco, CA

#27 Dec 4, 2011
Jefry Halfdong wrote:
<quoted text>
My mouth is full of what a real man
needs to thrive and survive...
You can only throw pebbles at the GOD
that is massive man has become over the
years with my vast intellect and well known
expertise in all things exotic and erotic....
Don't be a hater.
what? are you in a homo-trance from getting the "corner in the bathroom" spot at a rave??
jeffry helms

San Francisco, CA

#28 Dec 4, 2011
ed got arrested!!! some one has get another porta-honey pot.
Just the Facts

Santa Cruz, CA

#30 Dec 4, 2011
Hey Ben! Who the heck told you there would be a job waiting for you here in Santa Cruz when you graduated? I worked plenty of low paying jobs before I landed a good one. It took almost a DECADE and thats when things were booming! I suggest you put down your protest sign, pack up your tent, and drive your entitled little self somewhere where there are JOBS. Yes, everyone has the right to live here, but you damn well better have the means to do so! Plenty of folks I know work two or three jobs just to make it here in SC. Pay is low, rents are high (thanks UCSC) and property is some of the most expensive in the U.S. And guess what Ben! There are a whole lot of SEIU County and City Member who support the idea of the REAL Occupy Movements, but think that your little junkie, vagrant, wanna-be anarchist village should be razed to the ground NOW. SEIU Members are the ones,literally, cleaning the sh*t, vomit and needles up, being spit-on, threatened, and physically assaulted Ben! That was a County employee that was PUNCHED IN THE FACE Ben! Do some real work, drive to another town (taking as many of your brethren with you as will fit) and find a job, maybe two, and quit leaching off the citizens of this County. When you have the money and the means to make it here, we'd love to hear from you again. That's REALITY Ben. COLD, HARD, HARSH REALITY! Welcome to the REAL world!
jeffry helms

San Leandro, CA

#31 Dec 4, 2011
Just the Facts wrote:
Hey Ben! Who the heck told you there would be a job waiting for you here in Santa Cruz when you graduated? I worked plenty of low paying jobs before I landed a good one. It took almost a DECADE and thats when things were booming! I suggest you put down your protest sign, pack up your tent, and drive your entitled little self somewhere where there are JOBS. Yes, everyone has the right to live here, but you damn well better have the means to do so! Plenty of folks I know work two or three jobs just to make it here in SC. Pay is low, rents are high (thanks UCSC) and property is some of the most expensive in the U.S. And guess what Ben! There are a whole lot of SEIU County and City Member who support the idea of the REAL Occupy Movements, but think that your little junkie, vagrant, wanna-be anarchist village should be razed to the ground NOW. SEIU Members are the ones,literally, cleaning the sh*t, vomit and needles up, being spit-on, threatened, and physically assaulted Ben! That was a County employee that was PUNCHED IN THE FACE Ben! Do some real work, drive to another town (taking as many of your brethren with you as will fit) and find a job, maybe two, and quit leaching off the citizens of this County. When you have the money and the means to make it here, we'd love to hear from you again. That's REALITY Ben. COLD, HARD, HARSH REALITY! Welcome to the REAL world!
have the cops told them to leave yet???
jeffry helms

San Leandro, CA

#32 Dec 4, 2011
Just the Facts wrote:
Hey Ben! Who the heck told you there would be a job waiting for you here in Santa Cruz when you graduated? I worked plenty of low paying jobs before I landed a good one. It took almost a DECADE and thats when things were booming! I suggest you put down your protest sign, pack up your tent, and drive your entitled little self somewhere where there are JOBS. Yes, everyone has the right to live here, but you damn well better have the means to do so! Plenty of folks I know work two or three jobs just to make it here in SC. Pay is low, rents are high (thanks UCSC) and property is some of the most expensive in the U.S. And guess what Ben! There are a whole lot of SEIU County and City Member who support the idea of the REAL Occupy Movements, but think that your little junkie, vagrant, wanna-be anarchist village should be razed to the ground NOW. SEIU Members are the ones,literally, cleaning the sh*t, vomit and needles up, being spit-on, threatened, and physically assaulted Ben! That was a County employee that was PUNCHED IN THE FACE Ben! Do some real work, drive to another town (taking as many of your brethren with you as will fit) and find a job, maybe two, and quit leaching off the citizens of this County. When you have the money and the means to make it here, we'd love to hear from you again. That's REALITY Ben. COLD, HARD, HARSH REALITY! Welcome to the REAL world!
you know what,, i do not hear saying anything about the foreign nationalist organized crime groups that pretty much are responsible for this mess in every way, these are ARE AMERICAN CITIZENS, and i personally do not like the "occupy" but their rights to protest is granted by our amendments which the foreign nationalist crime groups don't deserve the 4th one.
Just the Facts

Santa Cruz, CA

#33 Dec 5, 2011
The cops were showing great restraint in trying to avoid the type of stupidity that occurred anyway on River St. The wanna-be anarchists have given them the green light. Now that smarmy Frey is in JAIL (I wouldn't want people to see what a hole the encampment is either!) and vice-mayor-I-never-met-a-vagra nt-I-didn't-like Lane might have to reconsider his pandering political position. You know what would bring better paying jobs to the city? NOT TOLERATING entitled out-of-town vagrants and UCSC students trashing the town! Protest all you want, you and I both have that right. But if you carry your protest into the realm of anarchy and criminality then the CITIZENS have the right to throw your asses out! How would a hundred angry actual residents trashing the Sub Rosa be perceived? Hmmmmmmm, I wonder..........
Donny B

Falls Church, VA

#34 Dec 5, 2011
Just the Facts wrote:
Hey Ben! Who the heck told you there would be a job waiting for you here in Santa Cruz when you graduated? I worked plenty of low paying jobs before I landed a good one. It took almost a DECADE and thats when things were booming! I suggest you put down your protest sign, pack up your tent, and drive your entitled little self somewhere where there are JOBS. Yes, everyone has the right to live here, but you damn well better have the means to do so! Plenty of folks I know work two or three jobs just to make it here in SC. Pay is low, rents are high (thanks UCSC) and property is some of the most expensive in the U.S. And guess what Ben! There are a whole lot of SEIU County and City Member who support the idea of the REAL Occupy Movements, but think that your little junkie, vagrant, wanna-be anarchist village should be razed to the ground NOW. SEIU Members are the ones,literally, cleaning the sh*t, vomit and needles up, being spit-on, threatened, and physically assaulted Ben! That was a County employee that was PUNCHED IN THE FACE Ben! Do some real work, drive to another town (taking as many of your brethren with you as will fit) and find a job, maybe two, and quit leaching off the citizens of this County. When you have the money and the means to make it here, we'd love to hear from you again. That's REALITY Ben. COLD, HARD, HARSH REALITY! Welcome to the REAL world!
AMEN!!!
Buzz

San Jose, CA

#35 Dec 5, 2011
Just the Facts wrote:
The cops were showing great restraint in trying to avoid the type of stupidity that occurred anyway on River St. The wanna-be anarchists have given them the green light. Now that smarmy Frey is in JAIL (I wouldn't want people to see what a hole the encampment is either!) and vice-mayor-I-never-met-a-vagra nt-I-didn't-like Lane might have to reconsider his pandering political position. You know what would bring better paying jobs to the city? NOT TOLERATING entitled out-of-town vagrants and UCSC students trashing the town! Protest all you want, you and I both have that right. But if you carry your protest into the realm of anarchy and criminality then the CITIZENS have the right to throw your asses out! How would a hundred angry actual residents trashing the Sub Rosa be perceived? Hmmmmmmm, I wonder..........
Do you think Ed(Porta-Pottie Frey violated his probation when he got arrested for being a jackass on Sunday? I wonder if it was on his advice that BJ mouthed off to a judge which got her into more trouble. At least Norse/Kahn is smart enough to not be using Frey as his lawyer.
DBS

Santa Cruz, CA

#36 Dec 5, 2011
And as usual, Robert Kahn-job and Becky Whackjob, contributed ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that was of any value or help to ANYONE!!!

Anybody surprised?

I didn't think so.
DBS

Santa Cruz, CA

#37 Dec 5, 2011
Buzz wrote:
<quoted text>
At least Norse/Kahn is smart enough to not be using Frey as his lawyer.
Frey probably wanted to be paid, and wouldn't allow Kahn-job to con(Kahn) him into working for free for his "Fighting the good fight".
Reality Check

North Hollywood, CA

#38 Dec 5, 2011
Buzz wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think Ed(Porta-Pottie Frey violated his probation when he got arrested for being a jackass on Sunday? I wonder if it was on his advice that BJ mouthed off to a judge which got her into more trouble. At least Norse/Kahn is smart enough to not be using Frey as his lawyer.
I was wondering about that. But I think he's out on bail rather than probation. Have to wonder if this wouldn't harm any chances of probation, though.
Why is a 'civil rights' attorney getting in the face of police who were trying to interview someone whose civil rights were violated (not to mention the assault.)
frank lupe verga

San Francisco, CA

#39 Dec 5, 2011
DBS wrote:
And as usual, Robert Kahn-job and Becky Whackjob, contributed ABSOLUTELY NOTHING that was of any value or help to ANYONE!!!
Anybody surprised?
I didn't think so.
look dbs at my new site, we are going to get those trollls
http://www.caboneraneighbors.net/
Donny B

Falls Church, VA

#40 Dec 5, 2011
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
I was wondering about that. But I think he's out on bail rather than probation. Have to wonder if this wouldn't harm any chances of probation, though.
Why is a 'civil rights' attorney getting in the face of police who were trying to interview someone whose civil rights were violated (not to mention the assault.)
There are good attorneys and there are bad attorneys...
Buzz

San Jose, CA

#41 Dec 5, 2011
Donny B wrote:
<quoted text>
There are good attorneys and there are bad attorneys...
Since he was BJ's mentor on legal affairs and since have seen her vast knowledge of the law demonstrated by her inane postings on Topix, I guess "Porta-Pottie" Ed would be in the latter category.
Jefry Halfdong

Santa Cruz, CA

#42 Dec 5, 2011
jeffry helms wrote:
<quoted text>what? are you in a homo-trance from getting the "corner in the bathroom" spot at a rave??
No you silly, I'm still spun out from the way

you demonstrated speaking French with your mouth full.

I had no idea you were bilingual.

You have dreamy eyes you know.

I never had feelings like this.

What have you done to me?

I feel alive for the first time.

Thank you my dearest.

You've shown me what I was missing.

Bless you for taking the time to wake me up.
frank lupe verga

San Francisco, CA

#43 Dec 5, 2011
Jefry Halfdong wrote:
<quoted text>
No you silly, I'm still spun out from the way
you demonstrated speaking French with your mouth full.
I had no idea you were bilingual.
You have dreamy eyes you know.
I never had feelings like this.
What have you done to me?
I feel alive for the first time.
Thank you my dearest.
You've shown me what I was missing.
Bless you for taking the time to wake me up.
i'm not answering this!
1ofthe99Percent

Ava, MO

#45 Dec 28, 2011
Mary Uffda wrote:
<quoted text>
Another sissie anarchist from the sidelines of life.
Rest assured the hippies will be evicted and when
appropiate, those in charge need to be identified and
arrested and given jail time so that they do not act
in this way again.
The day the people of Santa Cruz wake up and back the
SCPD in doing what is necessary to restore proper order
will be the day families take their children downtown again.
And when they do they will be breaking the law and violating the peoples civil rights to peaceably assemble. They or should I say We are not just a bunch of "hippies" as you label us. And BTFW, SOME OF US in this movement have fought for this F#cking Country. So I'd be careful who you label as a "Another sissie anarchist from the sidelines of life".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Santa Cruz County Arrest Records and Criminal M... (Oct '16) Dec '17 Wilma 3
News Man identified in deadly Watsonville wreck (Nov '17) Nov '17 WallstApptResident 1
News Too many Californians are barely scraping by (Oct '17) Oct '17 TruthMD 3
News Boulder Creek standoff ends peacefully after st... (Jun '17) Jun '17 Jennifer Horan 1
News Storm leaves over 80k South Bay residents, airp... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Bobby Lauser 1
News Two gang fights break out in Santa Cruz County ... (Jul '10) Feb '17 jesus 53
News Watsonville reaches settlement with plaintiff i... (Jan '17) Jan '17 The people 1