Meth lab found in Bonny Doon barn, first drug-cooking site discover...

Full story: Santa Cruz Sentinel

Drug agents raided a methamphetamine lab hidden inside a dilapidated barn near Bonny Doon Airport late Saturday, but the man who allegedly had been cooking drugs there fled and has not been found, authorities said.
Comments
21 - 35 of 35 Comments Last updated Feb 11, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
yep

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

....and he is probably working for a Mexican Drug cartel.
realitybytes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Great...the ONLY lab found so far this year and the tennant and chef facing no charges! Yay !
realitybytes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

savage wrote:
now i dont hear any body talkin mess about how white people are ruining the comunity, but if were a mexican thats all people would write...their you go...dam hicks making and selling. whites to whites.
Truethfuly, all the colors and races have bad, dumbars, with horrid attitudes and judgement that make this whole world $h1tty (rotten)! People like you, who have to put a color to everything instead of looking at the reality that our freedoms are at risk cause of things like meth! Be nice and get an edjucation!
Dave O

San Francisco, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

yep wrote:
Probably a chemistry graduate student. Half of them are drug addicts. This has happened before. There was a story that ran in the Sentinel a year ago about a chemistry graduate student who got busted for making opium and putting it in beer.
Blame UCSC yet again...
yeah, but they all have more brains than you. what a cop-out attempt to place blame on UCSC and its students. didn't you know UCSC bashing was so last decade?
smoked out

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

Redbrick Downtown wrote:
People, it is time to legalize meth for recreational use.
I used to use meth as a medicine to help me get to work and work long hours, but I now see value in the substance as a recreational drug. Meth is made from pseudoephedrine which is found in ephedra, which is a plant. Plants and their alkaloids should not be illegal!
Please sign the petition to put meth legalization for recreationsl use on the upcoming ballot.
your probably one of those schizophrenics at the palomar aren't you.
don' worry the first is comming soon you'll get some more medicine.
although your twacked already
smoked out

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

The Scream wrote:
<quoted text>
Whatever's cheapest will be most popular with young people. Marijuana was cheapest back in the day, when you could buy a lid for $10. So everybody smoked that -- and maybe a little seconal from the parents' medicine cabinet.
Legal marijuana will chill out a younger generation that needs it badly. At least, doped-up teens don't usually rob liquor stores or beat people up.
There's always a drug to abuse. Had my way, I'd phase out alcohol and substitute marijuana.
sounds like you need a job, and some rehab. oh yeah, also a sandwich and some sleep
smoked out

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

no justice wrote:
get the meth labs!!!!! good job!!!!!
get good jobs on meth!!!1!!
Wescruz

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

Judged:

Redbrick Downtown wrote:
I used to use meth as a medicine to help me get to work and work long hours, but I now see value in the substance as a recreational drug. Meth is made from pseudoephedrine which is found in ephedra, which is a plant. Plants and their alkaloids should not be illegal!
Please sign the petition to put meth legalization for recreationsl use on the upcoming ballot.
Yeah right. It is also made from acetone. And other great substances that are very
dangerous to even breathe.
Gross National Product

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 21, 2010

productivity wrote:
Who says we can't manufacture anything in America anymore?
It will add to our Gross National Product!
check this out

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 22, 2010

Judged:

go back to the previous thread about the Bonny Doon meth cookers. it seems that friends of the meth cookers at the Mission Gardens Apartments -- managed by The John Stewart Company -- are working really hard to defend the meth cookers. they are defending meth!

http://www.topix.com/forum/source/santa-cruz-...
Craig

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2010

Judged:

Redbrick Downtown wrote:
you're crazy. meth cookers, dealers and addicts are the lowest rung on the evolutionary ladder. we need to rid our town of them, not breed more of them.
back to meth school

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 25, 2010

Judged:

Publican wrote:
Cooking Meth in a plastic tent - THERE'S a recipe for disaster.
watch what you post about Meth. loweroceanlocal seems to go loco when anyone disses Meth by talking about how it is produced. he/she went after me with a vengeance for proving that people can cook it using propane based equipment.
curious cat

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2010

Judged:

Redbrick Downtown wrote:
i dare you to vote on METH IN SANTA CRUZ and tell us how you voted. moreover, i dare you to comment on the poll, explaining why you voted on METH the way you did.

WILL YOU TAKE UP THE GAUNTLET?

LeiLOONY ColbyLOSER

Sunnyvale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 10, 2013

Judged:

curious cat wrote:
<quoted text>
i dare you to vote on METH IN SANTA CRUZ and tell us how you voted. moreover, i dare you to comment on the poll, explaining why you voted on METH the way you did.
And this one!!!
Swiss Miss

Alviso, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 11, 2013

Judged:

curious cat wrote:
<quoted text>
Rave on John. Are you still hunting for those imaginary meth cookers that SCPD set up in your welfare apartment complex?

SCPD loves drug dealers
by John E. Colby
Sunday Feb 3rd, 2013 5:28 PM
"Auntie Imperial is right. The police do love drug dealers. From observations at my apartment complex, I believe the Santa Cruz Police Department (SCPD) turned a dangerous methamphetamine abuser/dealer whose illegal activities I reported to them into a narcotics informant cooking methamphetamine.
I watched for several months from my front porch and bedroom window as apparent undercover officers trained this drug dealer to cook methamphetamine in his backyard.
Apparently the SCPD dropped a methamphetamine cooker in the middle of a Section 8 apartment complex unknown to HUD and the rest of the federal government. I believe HUD is very angry about this. It seems that HUD is not taking this lightly.
This is consistent with reports from other Santa Cruz citizens who complain that they can't get the SCPD to remove drug houses from their neighborhoods. One elderly woman reported to me that she was going to sell her house because it was the only way she could escape from the meth house next door.
This alleged collusion between the SCPD and dangerous drug dealers is what Santa Cruz should be marching to the City Council about. The homeless are merely a convenient diversion for alleged SCPD corruption."

Do you find it hard to believe that 30 of his neighbors petitioned for his eviction from their apartment complex?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••