Meth lab found in Bonny Doon barn, fi...

Meth lab found in Bonny Doon barn, first drug-cooking site discover...

There are 35 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Jul 20, 2010, titled Meth lab found in Bonny Doon barn, first drug-cooking site discover.... In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Drug agents raided a methamphetamine lab hidden inside a dilapidated barn near Bonny Doon Airport late Saturday, but the man who allegedly had been cooking drugs there fled and has not been found, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Giddiup

Berkeley, CA

#1 Jul 20, 2010
Keep up the good work !
productivity

United States

#3 Jul 20, 2010
Who says we can't manufacture anything in America anymore?

“Take that !”

Since: Feb 08

capitola CA.

#4 Jul 20, 2010
productivity wrote:
das a goood one! LOL
Susan Karimchise

San Leandro, CA

#6 Jul 20, 2010
productivity wrote:
Thats not funny.
Meth is poison.
Look at its victims.
Raging Local

Santa Cruz, CA

#7 Jul 20, 2010
Like all drug trends before it, heroin, cocaine, and crack, methamphetamine is burning itself out. But don't despair Santa Cruz junkies, just like heroin, cocaine, and crack, it'll be back in about 15-20 years.

For now you can fry your brains on "medical" marijuana, get your fresh needles at taxpayer expense, get loaded on fortified wine and malt liquor, and stab and shoot each other downtown. Enjoy!
hhhmmm

Carmel Valley, CA

#8 Jul 20, 2010
did he have a picture of ruffo going backside at the lane on the wall?
The Scream

Santa Cruz, CA

#9 Jul 20, 2010
[QUOTE who="Raging Local"
For now you can fry your brains on "medical" marijuana...![/QUOTE]

Whatever's cheapest will be most popular with young people. Marijuana was cheapest back in the day, when you could buy a lid for $10. So everybody smoked that -- and maybe a little seconal from the parents' medicine cabinet.

Legal marijuana will chill out a younger generation that needs it badly. At least, doped-up teens don't usually rob liquor stores or beat people up.

There's always a drug to abuse. Had my way, I'd phase out alcohol and substitute marijuana.
I love Santa Cruz County

United States

#10 Jul 20, 2010
Thanks for being a responsible property owner, and good job officers and deputies!
Wescruz

Santa Cruz, CA

#11 Jul 20, 2010
Raging Local wrote:
Like all drug trends before it, heroin, cocaine, and crack, methamphetamine is burning itself out. But don't despair Santa Cruz junkies, just like heroin, cocaine, and crack, it'll be back in about 15-20 years.
For now you can fry your brains on "medical" marijuana, get your fresh needles at taxpayer expense, get loaded on fortified wine and malt liquor, and stab and shoot each other downtown. Enjoy!
Oh and don't forget the methedone.
Redbrick Downtown

Santa Cruz, CA

#12 Jul 20, 2010
People, it is time to legalize meth for recreational use.

I used to use meth as a medicine to help me get to work and work long hours, but I now see value in the substance as a recreational drug. Meth is made from pseudoephedrine which is found in ephedra, which is a plant. Plants and their alkaloids should not be illegal!

Please sign the petition to put meth legalization for recreationsl use on the upcoming ballot.
BlueMeanie

Aptos, CA

#13 Jul 20, 2010
If this is the first meth lab they've found they're not looking very hard.
The Scream

Santa Cruz, CA

#14 Jul 20, 2010
"Across the region, the number of meth labs found has declined sharply in the past decade, said Bob Cook of the Bureau of Narcotic Enforcement in San Jose."

I thought most meth was made locally, but I'm hearing that more and more of it comes from Mexico. The big gangs mix it up freely and cheaply, and the risk of taking it across the border can all be put on some teenager they pay a couple of hundred to.
Susan Karimchise

San Leandro, CA

#15 Jul 20, 2010
Redbrick Downtown wrote:
I used to use meth as a medicine to help me get to work and work long hours, but I now see value in the substance as a recreational drug. Meth is made from pseudoephedrine which is found in ephedra, which is a plant. Plants and their alkaloids should not be illegal!
Please sign the petition to put meth legalization for recreationsl use on the upcoming ballot.
Ricin a deadly poison occurs in castor oil beans.
Using your logic, ricin should be available to anyone who wants it.
Calling you stup*d would be an insult to stup*d people.
I bet it takes you several hours to watch 60 Minutes
no more meth

Santa Cruz, CA

#16 Jul 20, 2010
Redbrick Downtown wrote:
meth is a very dangerous. it should never be legalized. it makes users psychotic, violent, aggressive, and paranoid.
Publican

San Francisco, CA

#17 Jul 20, 2010
Cooking Meth in a plastic tent - THERE'S a recipe for disaster.
savage

Lufkin, TX

#18 Jul 20, 2010
now i dont hear any body talkin mess about how white people are ruining the comunity, but if were a mexican thats all people would write...their you go...dam hicks making and selling. whites to whites.
Redbrick Downtown

Santa Cruz, CA

#19 Jul 20, 2010
Susan Karimchise wrote:
<quoted text>
Ricin a deadly poison occurs in castor oil beans.
Using your logic, ricin should be available to anyone who wants it.
Calling you stup*d would be an insult to stup*d people.
I bet it takes you several hours to watch 60 Minutes
For your information, it took me several hours to watch 60 minutes because I was looking at the orange juice box - it said concentrate.
no justice

United States

#20 Jul 20, 2010
get the meth labs!!!!! good job!!!!!
METH FREE ZONE

Santa Cruz, CA

#21 Jul 20, 2010
Redbrick Downtown wrote:
making meth legal is downright crazy. meth kills.

the Mission Gardens Apartments managed by The John Stewart Company is a morass of criminal activity waiting to bubble over into violence again after the murder of Carl Reimer here last April BECAUSE OF METH. we have meth tweakers, dealers and cookers. between the abuse, sales and customers it draws to our 50 unit apartment complex, people are going to get hurt. the law abiding residents already hide away in their apartments because the meth induced activity frightens them.

here is my message to the City Council: declare the City of Santa Cruz a METH FREE ZONE, where meth abusers, dealers and cookers are not welcome. then make it reality.
yep

San Jose, CA

#22 Jul 20, 2010
Probably a chemistry graduate student. Half of them are drug addicts. This has happened before. There was a story that ran in the Sentinel a year ago about a chemistry graduate student who got busted for making opium and putting it in beer.

Blame UCSC yet again...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Cruz County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NO ILLEGALS DRUGS in CA 11 hr NO DRUGS ILLEGALS... 1
News Community in shock over murder involving Fil-Am... Aug 24 amc 2
News 16 arrested in Santa Cruz County gang sweep Aug 7 I am sorry 1
News Man gouges eye of Santa Cruz police officer (Jan '15) Jan '15 Zombie Corpse Rental 1
News The 11th for the 11! Call Bob Lee (Mar '14) Jan '15 ANON 19
News Meth lab found in Bonny Doon barn, first drug-c... (Jul '10) Jan '15 DBS 303
News Santa Cruz mom gets Christmas surprise from emp... (Dec '14) Dec '14 Anne Smith 5
More from around the web