Club 24 of Santa Maria faces charges ...

Club 24 of Santa Maria faces charges including grand theft

There are 4 comments on the KSBY-TV San Luis Obispo story from Feb 9, 2008, titled Club 24 of Santa Maria faces charges including grand theft. In it, KSBY-TV San Luis Obispo reports that:

“Because I checked my contract, and it doesn't say nothing about that $30 dollars.”

Reported by: Melissa Mecija SANTA MARIA The Santa Barbara County District Attorney's office files formal charges against Club 24 and its owners. via KSBY-TV San Luis Obispo

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSBY-TV San Luis Obispo.

Anonimous

Killingworth, CT

#1 Mar 12, 2008
These guys are shady...they charge each of their members in SLO a drink charge and bank on the fact that they wouldn't know....in fact, their first partners for Santa Maria bailed on them because they were shaday...good for them for not trusting these crooks.
Smiles

Santa Ynez, CA

#2 Apr 19, 2008
All I can say it's the way you view things. My contract NEITHER stated the $30 annual fee NOR did I even get a letter stating they were going to take that money. At first I was pissed as well, but the way I see things is, my contract is for a very minimal fee. Other gyms charge you an arm and leg to use their facilities PLUS some of their contracts are for 2 YEARS. Club24 is on a month to month. So I be pretty dumb to leave that gym for what I pay! I guess it just works for some and not for others.
P.s. the second year I DID get a letter stating they were going to be charging the $30! I guess they learned their lesson.
Amber

Santa Maria, CA

#3 Jul 1, 2008
The only people that should have been surprised by the charge were the ones not regularly going to the gym. There was a big sign posted in the lobby for a month prior explaining the 1x charge. I have been treated so kindly by the people at Club 24. They offered free personal training when I first joined. They are on a first name basis with most of the clients. The membership is month to month and I pay much less than any other gym from SLO to SM. This is the gym I feel most comfortable at and I think the $30 charge was blown out of proportion and taken out of full context.
David Robbins

Salinas, CA

#4 Aug 2, 2013
I have been a member of Club 24 in San Luis Obispo for over 2 years. I had a membership with Gold's in Modesto, California and reupped a month before unexpectedly relocating to SLO. They wouldn't honor my membership and I contacted the Consumer complaints in Sacramento. They told me that the most they could withhold for a transfer was $150. I contacted my Credit card company and they refused to pay Golds the $350 with the original contract. I got a year for $150 and immediately left Golds for Club 24 when the year was up. I have known Frank and Wilson for over 20 years and I have always been treated well by them. They are consummate professionals and run the business well. I have heard complaints about the debit overcharges, but Sanaz(manager) always clears things up with the bank immediately. Most of the complaints are petty and unwarranted. Haven worked in 100's of gyms worldwide and dozens as a member, Club 24 is the only serious strength trainers gym on the Central Coast!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Santa Barbara County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SpaceX failure tests its bold agenda Jul 5 SpaceBlues 1
News African-American Women in Santa Barbara County ... Apr '15 SadButTrue 3
News Michael Jackson's prosecutor Tom Sneddon has di... (Nov '14) Feb '15 An NFL Fan 158
News Teen With Knife Shot by Lompoc Police Officer Feb '15 hardlo numnuck 1
News How Elliot Rodger stabbed 3 roommates before sh... (May '14) Jan '15 glarxicone 9
News People v. Nicholas Rouhas (Sep '12) Dec '14 Vittorio De Sica 2
News High Rate of Vaccination Opt-Outs Raises Concer... (Oct '14) Dec '14 Vaccines Cause Au... 21
More from around the web