Hot issues divide firemen, town president

Apr 16, 2009 Full story: Sanilac County News

Members of the Port Sanilac Fire Department believe village officials are investigating the possibility that the department become Sanilac County's first full-time fire fighting unit.

Read more
A Husson family member

Concord, CA

#1 Apr 21, 2009
I presently do not live in Port Sanilac, but I know first hand that some folks who move from the city to a small town community expect most things to be like it is in the city. When I hear that whistle while I am visiting in town, I first cringe that something horrible has happened, but I know when that whistle does go off every fireman avaible will do their utmost best to assist in that fire. I find it offensive to read that Mr. Fabian stood by watching his neighbors house go up in smoke without helping. Is this the person you want as your town official? Jack Willis is a stand up guy and I pray that he and the other firefighters prevail in this. God bless you all for what you do for everyone in your community!!
Anonymos

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#2 Apr 22, 2009
Who wantend Mr. Fabian in the first place?
Take a guess.
The firemen!
Concerned Citizen

Flint, MI

#3 Apr 23, 2009
Anonymos wrote:
Who wantend Mr. Fabian in the first place?
Take a guess.
The firemen!
Not sure where your information comes from, but I am sure it is totally false. Best check your sources rather than look the fool!
Concerned Citizen

Flint, MI

#4 Apr 23, 2009
As to Mr. Fabian's claim to fame, I believe if you check out his background you will find that he has a past history of wanting to run the show and soon throws in the towel when he is not successful. Hopefully he will go quietly when he determines that the tide of common sense is against his way of thinking. Continued attempts to change the cooperative nature of the village can only lead to further confrontation and result in more and deeper hard feelings. Nothing positive can be gained by attempting what has been successful for over fifty years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanilac County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In this photo taken Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2013, Joe... (Jan '14) Jan '14 kuda 14
house fire in worth township (Dec '12) Dec '12 Patrick 2
News Man charged in Marie Warren case, fiancee' says... (Jul '11) Sep '12 unknowntowellknown 6
News Last known wildwolverine in Mich.has gone on tour (Jun '12) Jun '12 Ronnielee 1
News Sanilac County will issue bonds for jail (Feb '12) Feb '12 Concerned Citizen 1
News K-9 search ends with arrest of Marlette Townshi... (Feb '12) Feb '12 bob 1
News Medical marijuana raids net no arrests (Dec '11) Dec '11 Len in NY 1
More from around the web