Sandusky Officer Shoots, Kills Man

There are 20 comments on the WNEM-TV Saginaw story from Feb 28, 2010, titled Sandusky Officer Shoots, Kills Man. In it, WNEM-TV Saginaw reports that:

Authorities said 29-year-old Kent Kramer of Burton was fatally shot by a police officer in Sandusky while resisting arrest.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WNEM-TV Saginaw.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Aamberlynn_32

Deckerville, MI

#1 Mar 1, 2010
haha thats not funny dude i no that guys and i know the cop who shot him! It crazy because we were actualy pretty tight
james49

Sandusky, MI

#2 Mar 2, 2010
he lunged at me.........good excuse for murder i guess
james49

Sandusky, MI

#3 Mar 2, 2010
but only works with a badge
james49

Sandusky, MI

#4 Mar 2, 2010
wiped out my post i think so ill redo..........he luged at me.......good excuse for murder but only works with badge (possibly)
just wondering

Grand Rapids, MI

#5 Mar 2, 2010
why is police officer's name kept from the media???
sad and mad

Cleveland, OH

#6 Mar 2, 2010
Kent was a great guy & will be missed so much. I know the cop that did it too and I think it's sick what he did.
Just_heard_awful _news

Monticello, IA

#7 May 4, 2010
It's too bad that the situation took that turn. Did the officer have a fitness test recently and fail? Last I knew one should be able to take down an unarmed man without drawing a gun. I would have his badge. Unnecessary death. Thoughts and prayers are with all who knew him.
Jean so sad

Bad Axe, MI

#8 Aug 6, 2010
I knew who Kent was. I use to live across the road from his mom and dad when he was just little.. Such a horrible tragedy..
Did the officer have to shoot to kill?? I do not think so! Di the officer call for back up? The officer should have been trained to take down a suspect with out using his deadly weapon. Man if this was an ordinary citizen that shot Kent, that person would be locked up. Hide behind the badge , that is right. God forbid that officer ever has to really fight hard crime in the cities. Well ya know what Officer, you have his blood on your hands for the rest of your life.Hope you can keep you head up. You should rot in prison for what you did to that young man.God will be your judge and jury some day and you will be sentenced to rot in hell!!!!!!!!!!
rloph

Matteson, IL

#9 Aug 21, 2010

As far as I am concerned, somebody as small in size as that officer
should not have been allowed to be in law enforcement. That officer is barely 5feet 6 inches tall and is way undersized physically to be in that job. The gun makes him big! Now a life is lost and families will miss their loved one forever. He proved nothing by shooting him other than he is unable to handle the requirements of the position he holds. If i'm not mistaken i believe he is currently working again fo a couple departments part time, what are those citys and villages thinking?
There used to be minimum size requirements for officers, i think the changes made in that law caused this shooting to happen
larry

Wixom, MI

#10 Aug 26, 2010
hi my name is larry i have a story that needs to be told even though i know this is not going to be suited for all
readers and some are going to be angry some shocked some are going to say wow didn't know that we live in a split personality
community im sure that we were all shocked to find out about george diaz and the recent killing that happened even though it
was brought to our attention in the first 24 hours we knew all the names involed and pretty much everything was out in the
open murder is murder a life was lost now that i look back after i myself tried to kill myself with drugs that i was giving
by a doctor so i feel i can talk about this and i know that the police is going to come after me for this but what the hell
i have had worse happen the police here in sanilac and near by counties kent kramer lost his life by the hand of a police officer
but some how we still dont know what happened it was covered up by a shield that says protect and serve and the man that took
kents life walks the earth has not been arrested and that has not been out in the open it has been swept under the
rug covered up why? because our protect and serve police thats why they can do illegal stuff protect there self's dont let
this throw you now i ask you do you feel that you are secure being protected by the very ones that took a life and covered it
up ok let me tell you alittle bit about how you are protected did you know that these same cops let a murder suspect walk free
yes thats right they let a murder suspect walk free right here in port sanilac also in lexington his name was joseph roman
also known as hoodie he killed a young man in new york in 2008 and was on america's most wanted and on the run and was let go
by the the same police that is suppose to protect and serve you and me ....... i dont need to tell you that this was wrong
i have lived here for over ten years and during that time i have been harrassed by this same law till i cant stand it anymore
even tho i have done nothing wrong never been arrested here i have long hair and a beard and i fit the profile that police
use to profile and search out drug dealers and thugs any way me and my wife was on our way to sandusky to replace a burnt
headlight for our car on the way we passed a female officer that spotted me as a passenger in that car and saw a opportunity
to do a bit of racial profiling i have been sick and i know that i am suppose to have a id but that does not give anyone
the right to do what this cop with a attitude did we were pulled over and i was ran to check what i was all about this is
normal and i didnt think much about it i came back clean so this woman cop came back and acted like i had giving her bad
info to cover up who i am so she ask to make sure that she had not written the info down wrong so she said now that i look
back at it the second time ran same result clean so she just couldn't beleive this so third time i was run bushy hair and
beard she thought something has to be there ......... so now comes the ultimate insult and threat yes i was threating she
told me that after the 3 time's of being ran for warrants and come back clean that i was a ghost and when i ask her what she
was doing running me 3 times and i thought this was getting close to in my way of thinking i was being racial profiled
because of the way i looked she came ungluded and told me in front of my wife that she could arrest me and hold me for
me for 24 hours and do another back ground search on me i was shocked dam this woman cop has it in for me for some reason
so i shut up like i said i am sick and i have heart trouble im not suppose to get upset so i let it go and after making me
feel like i was a total loser we were realesed and we went on our way was this right no it was not
larry

Wixom, MI

#11 Aug 26, 2010
this is the link to the murderer that your police protected you against how do i know ?
well lets just say i have 100% proof they should be ashamed that they were
not honest with you cover up you decide slack up on job well yes copy and paste this link
in your browser read all about it make your own judgment
http://www.parkchesterinfo.com/forum_posts.as...
larry

Wixom, MI

#12 Aug 26, 2010
larry

Wixom, MI

#13 Aug 26, 2010
i also have a golden gloves award that he dropped when he was here it was 1932 golden gloves that his father won
larry

Wixom, MI

#14 Aug 26, 2010
i guess one out 3 muderers captured is a good track record ??
larry

Wixom, MI

#15 Aug 26, 2010
woops you made a mistake big man in the brotherhood of sandusky police chew on that stick of gum ..............
larry

Wixom, MI

#16 Aug 26, 2010
and for god sake's get that joint off our streets and leave a cop that kills a good person on the same street ..... lord help us all !!
larry

Wixom, MI

#17 Aug 26, 2010
if you want to know where scott mintz is its not hard to find out i will post where i started and i will not post where he is even though i could
jake22

Sandusky, MI

#19 Aug 27, 2010
well put larry, in sanilac county the law only seems to pertain to those WITHOUT a badge
larry

Wixom, MI

#20 Aug 27, 2010
the full story will come out in the sanilac news very shortly with pictures and i hope that this will put a different light on mintz and get a final answer for kents father i met with him he is a very strong man and i know he wont give up till this is done there is no excuse for the cop not being locked up i dont care what they say he is pure and simple a killer a gun from sandusky police issue was used by mintz to take a life a mans life gone by his hand = murder treat it as such and move on no white horse with a knight on it here
larry

Wixom, MI

#21 Aug 27, 2010
jake22 wrote:
well put larry, in sanilac county the law only seems to pertain to those WITHOUT a badge
you are so right jake but we would be so in trouble if we didnt have the good ones and beleive me there is some great ones they know who there are

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanilac County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In this photo taken Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2013, Joe... (Jan '14) Jan '14 kuda 14
house fire in worth township (Dec '12) Dec '12 Patrick 2
News Man charged in Marie Warren case, fiancee' says... (Jul '11) Sep '12 unknowntowellknown 6
News Last known wildwolverine in Mich.has gone on tour (Jun '12) Jun '12 Ronnielee 1
News Sanilac County will issue bonds for jail (Feb '12) Feb '12 Concerned Citizen 1
News K-9 search ends with arrest of Marlette Townshi... (Feb '12) Feb '12 bob 1
News Medical marijuana raids net no arrests (Dec '11) Dec '11 Len in NY 1
More from around the web