Federal prosecutor accused in child s...

Federal prosecutor accused in child sex sting attempts suicide

There are 21 comments on the Orlando Sentinel story from Sep 20, 2007, titled Federal prosecutor accused in child sex sting attempts suicide. In it, Orlando Sentinel reports that:

A federal prosecutor from Florida who authorities say flew to Michigan for an expected sexual encounter with a 5-year-old girl tried to hang himself in his jail cell Thursday but was stopped from harming ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Orlando Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Samurai

United States

#23 Sep 21, 2007
We fear registered sex offenders and in reality they are the last ones to reoffend. The precentage who do is less than 3% if they have gone through the criminal justice system and completed counselling. It is the men who have never been caught, who hide behind families and professional positions, your neighbor next door or his son; they are ones to fear.

Since he did not actually have sex with a child, he is only facing a long sentence due to recent federal laws enacted, sponsered by Mark Foley for all the irony that provides. A year ago he would have got a slap on the wrist. I am a law student, which is why I know these details.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sanilac County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News In this photo taken Tuesday, Dec. 17, 2013, Joe... (Jan '14) Jan '14 kuda 14
house fire in worth township (Dec '12) Dec '12 Patrick 2
News Man charged in Marie Warren case, fiancee' says... (Jul '11) Sep '12 unknowntowellknown 6
News Last known wildwolverine in Mich.has gone on tour (Jun '12) Jun '12 Ronnielee 1
News Sanilac County will issue bonds for jail (Feb '12) Feb '12 Concerned Citizen 1
News K-9 search ends with arrest of Marlette Townshi... (Feb '12) Feb '12 bob 1
News Medical marijuana raids net no arrests (Dec '11) Dec '11 Len in NY 1
More from around the web