Good Samaritan Killed While Helping O...

Good Samaritan Killed While Helping Out with Domestic Dispute

There are 15 comments on the KIII story from Jul 21, 2010, titled Good Samaritan Killed While Helping Out with Domestic Dispute. In it, KIII reports that:

A good samaritan trying to help some neighbors who were having a domestic dispute, wound up getting fatally-shot for his trouble.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KIII.

Joyce Smith

Abilene, TX

#1 Jul 22, 2010
Gutierrez family, my heart bleeds for you all. Robert, so sorry you had to endure such heartache. My prayers are with ya'll thru this time. Love ya'll.
JMC

United States

#2 Jul 22, 2010
Joyce Smith wrote:
Gutierrez family, my heart bleeds for you all. Robert, so sorry you had to endure such heartache. My prayers are with ya'll thru this time. Love ya'll.
So who shot him?
family member

Austin, TX

#3 Jul 22, 2010
his name was damian deleon who was fighting with his girlfriend but has not yet given a statement my cousin was a loving person who was ready to start a new life and was about to start school this august him and his brother had big plans to start a business and now their dreams are shatter i will forever miss him and will always remember his big smile that he always had and miss the hugs and kisses he would give us family member everytime he greeted us
texasgal

Dallas, TX

#4 Jul 23, 2010
my sincere condolences to the gutierrez family! i knew richard & he was a great guy. my thoughts & prayers to the deleon family! i know Damian & he is not the monster that the media has made him to be! i pray for both families!

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#5 Jul 24, 2010
Let's see...Damian Deleon fired two shots at his wife and missed. Then as a good samaritan Richard Gutierrez went to check it out to see what happened. At that point Damian Deleon fired two shots and killed Richard Gutierrez. Doesn't seem like the media made him the monster. He already played the part. Just think, if he had killed his wife and then Gutierrez went to check on things he would have been killed and there would have been two murders.
Resident

Houston, TX

#6 Jul 25, 2010
I knew Richard too...He had some tough days and Im sure he was willing to start a new life after all he had been through....Condolences to the Gutierrez family May God give you all comfort to over come this obstacle in life...My thoughts and prayers are with each and everyone of you.
texasgal

Dallas, TX

#7 Jul 26, 2010
first of all he didn't shoot twice at his wife. anyone that knows damian...knows that if he was aiming to shoot her he would have! why wasn't the neighbor that was in the middle of it all not interviewed by the media...if she was you would know that there was not all these gun shots like it's being said! there was only 3 shots! and all shot within 5 seconds! she even says the story dont add up & it doesn't! they say he ran down the street well if you look at it as if he were running down the street you would see a huge opening in their yard & no need for him to jump over the fence. his younger sister said he got shot while running down the street then said he got shot while jumpin over fence. then on other website other sister says he was standing right next to damian & damian shot him. just dont add up. which one is it? either way i really don't care. the fact still remains that damian took a life & that is not right! i feel terrible for both families! prayers to both!
concerned citizen

United States

#8 Sep 17, 2010
Any updates? Has damian been formally charged? Is he still in county? The Gutierrez family deserves justice.
hellagood

United States

#9 Sep 17, 2010
i heard his bond was lowered!
el gaucho

Corpus Christi, TX

#10 Sep 18, 2010
why would you even run to gunfire in the first place? thats for the authorities to handle.
mathis

Rockport, TX

#11 Sep 18, 2010
noone really knows what happened,but he people there. you know the media will print anything to get a good story,but what happened,happened abd noone can takeit back. my prayers go out to both families and wish hem all well. all there isto do is see what happens with damain.
el gaucho

Corpus Christi, TX

#12 Sep 18, 2010
youre right the media does print stuff like that all the time. you ever notice on how channels 3 and 6 always always always start their news with the bad and not the good? its never about great news just depressing, its all about the ratings. now there are people on this forum that are throwing in here defamation of character and slander yada yada yada i have an attorney, or the cops are investigating collecting addresses? yea whatever now yall are just taliking out of your asses? when in fact those channels are worse, but people still watch the news like they still look up in these forums. i know that this wasnt intended for those things or to bash people but people are still gonna do it, even in another site. whats sad is that they are just throwing peoples names out here even if intended for good purposes, even minors. i am sorry for both of those guys tha were involved because their families are grieving their losses.
dsnt matter

United States

#13 Oct 5, 2010
truth is, Damien saw Richard before he shot him. Richard, heard Janelle screaming, and decided to help her. Then, after he shot him (at point blank range) him, and his wife fled the scene. At that point, Richard ran back towards the fence, tried to climb it, and collapsed. The blood on the fence, showed his bloody fingers slipping off. So, no one can say that is false, plus there's another witness who saw it all. That's when his family showed up to comfort him, during his last breaths. The cops didn't show up, until 45 minutes after, and the ambulance showed up about 5 minutes after that. Richard, never had a chance. That, is what the true story is, and people need to know it, before judging the unknown facts. Damien, may have not been a monster prior to the murder, but he became one that night. He's out on bond, because it was lowered. As far as Janelle goes, she remains with him. Richard, basically died in vain. So, it doesn't matter what others' opinions are, what I have told, is pure facts. Only God, can truly judge Damien. This is not meant to start any drama, or conflict between anyone. It would do no good. The damage is done, and no words or arguement, will change what happened that night. May u rest in peace, Richard.
Mary

Rockport, TX

#14 Oct 11, 2010
Dsnt matter- i have no idea who u are but i am Richards sister and yeah most of what was printed was incorrect but that's not the point my bro is gone and this other is out living the free life. I am no one to judge cause god will do the judging i hold my head up high me and my family do cause its what Richie would've wanted. I just want all this to be over with and Damien to be careful just cause justice probably wont be served down here it will up there..
dsnt matter

United States

#15 Oct 11, 2010
Mary- No words, can express how truly sorry I am for you, and his family. On the other hand, you are right. Damian, is out there enjoying life, while your brother is not able to do so. Who knows if he's regretful. Only those, closest to him. The only thing, that I am able to tell you, is to be the best you can be, be there for your family, and make your brother proud. He would like that very much. As far as Damian goes, as I've said before...Only God has the power to judge, but remember, no deed goes unpunished. May God help you through these hard times, and those to come.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Patricio County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 911 tapes support self defense claim in Portlan... Apr '15 JWA 2
News Taft man fatally stabbed during fight at home (Jan '13) Mar '15 hahaha 10
Two men indicted for mutilating horse in San Pa... (Nov '14) Nov '14 don 1
News San Pat County Sheriff deputies arrest 2 men fo... (Nov '11) Jun '14 ghost 5
San Patricio County Jail (Aug '08) Feb '14 Acie4 65
1996 Gradulating Class (Nov '13) Nov '13 John Allen Corder 1
News Investigation Into Sinton Scholarship Fund Hono... (Nov '13) Nov '13 Concerned citizen 1
More from around the web