Seller of iPhone prototype identified

Seller of iPhone prototype identified

There are 4 comments on the MSNBC story from Apr 29, 2010, titled Seller of iPhone prototype identified. In it, MSNBC reports that:

April 20: The editor of Gizmodo.com, Jason Chen talks about how his company acquired an iPhone prototype which was left in a bar by a software engineer.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at MSNBC.

Solidad

Roseville, CA

#1 Apr 30, 2010
The "college kid" who took it is unethical and a dirtbag. I hope he never gets a job. Anyone who knows what he is willing to do for money should avoid him like the plague. Unethical thief. If it had been someone's purse with rent money he would have done the same thing. The guy is worthless, seriously!
Michelle

San Mateo, CA

#2 May 8, 2010
Why isn't he in jail? He committed grand larceny. I'm sickened by the biased reporting on this. He's a "nice guy" who "made mistake." If I took car keys from a bar and went down the street clicking the remote till I found the car, then STOLE the car, then FENCED the car to a chop shop for 5 grand (grand larceny by the way), I'd deserve to be in jail. This "young man" from a "middle class neighborhood" committed a crime of equal gravity, but he's smiling his way through interviews talking about how "bad" he "feels." And the press is selling it to us!
He KNEW he was stealing. He KNEW what he had, demonstrated by his demanding 5,000 dollars for it. Clearly, if one considers the theft of intellectual property associated with the stolen item, it was worth millions. I hope Apple pursues this, since the media seem intent on coddling this "All American Boy"--and you know exactly what I mean.
dennis

Collegeville, PA

#3 May 15, 2010
1. This is a waste of police man power and tax payer's dollars

2. Hogan, the guy that "found" the phone did the same thing most people would have done.. and the hypocrites that are killing him are a joke.. in hindsight he wishes he had taken a different path.. he's human just like the rest of us..

3. The roommate that called the police on them.. she's the one that should be getting killed here not these guys.. what a back stabber she is.. turning in her roommates (probably for money)... sounds like a Nazi move to me.. George Orwell 1984 action... I for one hate rats.... turning your roommates into the cops.. wow.. how low..
Enough

Woodside, NY

#4 May 16, 2010
It would have been the right thing for hogan to have returned the Iphone. However it is certainly not a crime for him to not return it.

It was carelessly lost by the employee, that is not Hogans fault.

Apple would be best to let this go.

People are going to start getting angry at the company for billionaires like Jobs going after college kids to make up for the carelessness of their employees.

Is it not enough that people like Jobs sit at boards of companies in the good old boys clubs and vote themselves billion dollars packages of options and pay raises while their stockholders get hosed.

Now they have to villify this kid because he found their phone and use their billion dollar law team to attack him.

Enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Mateo County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Monday: Study session in Portola Valley on home... Mar 13 EPA Mexican 2
News Teardown of iconic pier approved: Harbor Distri... Dec '16 Shelley D 2
San Mateo County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest R... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Yury 2
News Baby falls from open 3rd-story window in Foster... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Lavanya 1
News Five Months into the Year and Market Finally Re... (May '16) Aug '16 LAVON AFFAIR 3
Look at all the loosers hating on Trump. (Apr '16) Aug '16 TRUMANS Treason 2
News Best and Worst States to Grow Old (May '16) Aug '16 ZIOTARD MONITOR 2
More from around the web