Closing California parks could pose m...

Closing California parks could pose more problems, than savings

There are 14 comments on the Contra Costa Times story from May 22, 2011, titled Closing California parks could pose more problems, than savings. In it, Contra Costa Times reports that:

A week after Gov. Jerry Brown announced that California will close up to 70 state parks to save money, parks officials are facing dozens of practical questions that could complicate -- if not scuttle -- the plan altogether.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Contra Costa Times.

THANK A SOLDIER

Santa Cruz, CA

#1 May 22, 2011
no one really cares-----Id' pave the parks over

we have a massive baby boom on the way-lotsa babies n they gotta live somewhere

use some of the land for crops-the rest for housing n a place for our huge broods of anchor babies too.
THANK A SOLDIER

Santa Cruz, CA

#2 May 22, 2011
glad they got the scum that beat the ginats fan

fair trial-n they otta execute the scum-why pay to feed this garbage!?
THANK A SOLDIER

Santa Cruz, CA

#3 May 22, 2011
glad they got the scum that beat the giants fan

fair trial-n they otta execute the scum-why pay to feed this garbage!?

Since: Feb 08

Santa Cruz

#4 May 23, 2011
This is a political boondoggle.
Colby IsNUTScom

Emeryville, CA

#6 May 30, 2011
Swiss Miss wrote:
This is plain sad. After we are bereft of public parks, then there go playgrounds and baseball fields for kids.
But you'll be snug in your meth-fume filled Section 8 ghetto hoping that aluminum foil is still being manufactured.

Since: Oct 08

Eureka

#7 May 30, 2011
Where are the earth firsters now. The parks are our parks we paid for them.
THANK A SOLDIER

Santa Cruz, CA

#8 May 30, 2011
they got 2 BILLION in "unexpected revenue"
maybe use some of that???

Santa Cruz

#9 May 30, 2011
Eureka Native wrote:
Where are the earth firsters now. The parks are our parks we paid for them.
And now some of that money will be used to to keep us out. God what a great gubmint we have.
punishing taxpayers

Clearlake, CA

#10 May 31, 2011
Taxpayers have sent a resounding message to the ding-a-lings in Sacramento. NO NEW TAXES.

Instead of cutting every budget item across the board to make things work, the ding-a-lings will punish the taxpayers whenever, and wherever they can.
Remember these actions at the ballot box in the next election. Kick the ding-a-lings out.

Santa Cruz

#11 May 31, 2011
punishing taxpayers wrote:
Taxpayers have sent a resounding message to the ding-a-lings in Sacramento. NO NEW TAXES.
Instead of cutting every budget item across the board to make things work, the ding-a-lings will punish the taxpayers whenever, and wherever they can.
Remember these actions at the ballot box in the next election. Kick the ding-a-lings out.
But that's the problem don't you see. In Calif. more and more of the "voters" are the ones living off the rest of us. They don't pay much if any taxes but would like those who do to pay more.
punishing taxpayers

Clearlake, CA

#12 May 31, 2011
Carl Bendix wrote:
<quoted text>But that's the problem don't you see. In Calif. more and more of the "voters" are the ones living off the rest of us. They don't pay much if any taxes but would like those who do to pay more.
I disagree with your premise that the freeloaders are THE deciding block of voters in our elections.
There is a very large contingent of well intentioned responsible voters who vote the party line because they feel they are helping in some way, shape or form.
It should be very obvious that the democratic party is destroying calif. I am a lifelong democrat. I have not left the party.......the party has left me.
I will cast my vote to remove the ding-a-lings with fiscally convervative candidates.......... from either party.

Santa Cruz

#13 May 31, 2011
punishing taxpayers wrote:
<quoted text>
I disagree with your premise that the freeloaders are THE deciding block of voters in our elections.
There is a very large contingent of well intentioned responsible voters who vote the party line because they feel they are helping in some way, shape or form.
It should be very obvious that the democratic party is destroying calif. I am a lifelong democrat. I have not left the party.......the party has left me.
I will cast my vote to remove the ding-a-lings with fiscally convervative candidates.......... from either party.
Your point is well taken. However I just don't believe that anyone who works (legitimately) for a living making a decent wage blindly follows the party line. Here in California I think it has come down to a mix of union power and those on the dole determining who is elected. Based on what has happened to our corporate structure in the state, they obviously didn't have much say.
punishing taxpayers

Clearlake, CA

#14 May 31, 2011
Carl Bendix wrote:
<quoted text>Your point is well taken. However I just don't believe that anyone who works (legitimately) for a living making a decent wage blindly follows the party line. Here in California I think it has come down to a mix of union power and those on the dole determining who is elected. Based on what has happened to our corporate structure in the state, they obviously didn't have much say.
I agree with your premise of "union power". but I don't think that the freeloaders vote in large numbers. They are too lazy.
Big public employee union money has swayed the responsible voters with very slick and very effective propaganda/campaign advertising.
I am one democrat who isn't buying the BS anymore.
punishing taxpayers

Clearlake, CA

#15 May 31, 2011
These companies fleeing California’s horrid business climate are not alone. There has been a steady flow of businesses out of California for the better part of a decade. As California’s political morass worsens, as its budget woes increase, and as her politicians are proven incapable of making the hard budgetary decisions to take power from unions and chop unnecessarily lavish social programs, the state’s jobs are bleeding out. California is an a freefall the end of which is still unseen.

Here is a partial list of the large and medium-sized companies that have either moved parts of their business or have left the “land of milk and honey” for brighter prospects altogether:

Abraxis Health, Adobr Systems, Inc. Alza Corp., American AVK, American Racing, Apple Computer Audix Corporation, Apria Healthcare Group, Assurant Inc., Barefoot Motors Bazz Houston Co., Beckman Coulter, Bild Industries Inc., Bill Miller Engineering, Ltd. BMC Select , BPI Labs, Buck Knives, CalPortland Cement California Casualty Group, CalStar Products Inc., Checks To-Go, Chivaroli & Associates CoreSite, A Carlyle Company, Creel Printing , Dassault Falcon DaVita Inc., Denny’s Corp., Digital Domain, Ditech DuPont Fabros Technology, ebay, Inc., EDMO Distributors, Inc. Edwards Lifesciences, Electronic Arts, Inc., EMRISE Corp., Facebook FallLine Corporation, Fidelity National Financial, First American Corp., Fluor Corp. Foxconn Electronics, Fuel System Solutions, Gregg Industries, Hewlett-Packard Hilton Hotels Corp., Hino Motor Manufacturing USA, Intel Corporation, Intuit of Mountain View J.C. Penney , Kimmie Candy Co., Klaussner Home Furnishings, Knight Protective Industries Kulicke & Soffa Industries Inc., LCF Enterprises, Lennox Hearth Products Inc., Lyn-Tron, Inc. Mariah Power, Maxwell America, Miasolé, MotorVac Technologies Nissan North America, Northrop Grumman, One2Believe, Patmont Motor Werks, Inc. Paragon Relocation Resources, Pixel Magic, Plastic Model Engineering, Inc. Precor, Premier Inc., Pro Cal of South Gate, Race Track Chaplaincy of Amer., Red Truck Fire & Safety Co. SAIC, Scale Computing, Schott Solar Inc., SimpleTech Smiley Industries, Solaicx, SolarWorld, Special Devices Inc. StarKist , Stasis Engineering, Stata Corp., Tapmatic Teledesic, Telmar Network Technology Inc., Terremark, Terumo Cardiovascular Systems Toyota, True Games Interactive Inc., TTM Technologies, Understand.com US Press shifted, USAA Insurance, Yahoo. And many more

http://nevadanewsandviews.com/2010/08/25/comp...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Mateo County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Look at all the loosers hating on Trump. Apr 29 Believer 1
trump speech Apr 29 Believer 2
News Dunkin' Donuts to open in South City Apr 29 Sheri Ann 1
News Downtown office building OK'd: Redesigned 43,00... Apr 14 Poppey 1
News Field lamp project spotlights community concern... Jan '16 Shyam 1
News Daly City Officer Charged With Excessive Force (Aug '06) Dec '15 Go Blue Forever 378
News Murphy USA, Core-Mark Forge Supply Agreement (Oct '15) Oct '15 supply 1
More from around the web