Flags Burned, Replaced With Swastikas

Full story: Newsday 11
Vandals burned dozens of small American flags that decorated veterans' graves for Memorial Day and replaced many of them with hand-drawn swastikas, authorities said Monday. Full Story
Radical1a

United States

#2 May 28, 2007
Liberals in their own way Supporting the Troops , Wink. Impeach Chaney Then Bush , Bring The Troops Home so the Terrorist will Follow and kill the Liberals so we can win this Damn war .
tegster

Oakdale, NY

#3 May 29, 2007
Idle minds are the devil's work shop.
Get a real job, boys.
Barry Fleckmann

Toms River, NJ

#4 May 29, 2007
Radical1a wrote:
Liberals in their own way Supporting the Troops , Wink. Impeach Chaney Then Bush , Bring The Troops Home so the Terrorist will Follow and kill the Liberals so we can win this Damn war .
Huh? WHAT does THAT have to DO with the accompanying story? We're talking about grave desecration, here. We're talking hate crimes. Nazism, Swastikas, from Hitler's time. Remember the old adage, "he who forgets the mistakes of the past, is doomed to repeat them?" Of course, YOU don't; YOU'VE forgotten them, already!
Blind Weezy Jefferson

Brooklyn, NY

#5 May 29, 2007
Barry Fleckmann wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? WHAT does THAT have to DO with the accompanying story? We're talking about grave desecration, here. We're talking hate crimes. Nazism, Swastikas, from Hitler's time. Remember the old adage, "he who forgets the mistakes of the past, is doomed to repeat them?" Of course, YOU don't; YOU'VE forgotten them, already!
You know, Barry, these morons who spout "Liberals, liberals, liberals" in these posts are just talking loud and saying nothing. There's no substance to what they say, so they trot out the meaningless labels. Their posts are by far the least interesting to read.
Blind Weezy Jefferson

Brooklyn, NY

#6 May 29, 2007
What these riffraff did sickens me. My old man, a WWII vet, was buried over 30 years ago in Long Island National Cemetary, and it comforts me every Memorial Day to know that his grave is well-kept and honored with an American Flag. I hope the punks are caught, and nothing like it ever happens again.
Barry Fleckmann

Toms River, NJ

#7 May 29, 2007
Blind Weezy Jefferson wrote:
What these riffraff did sickens me. My old man, a WWII vet, was buried over 30 years ago in Long Island National Cemetary, and it comforts me every Memorial Day to know that his grave is well-kept and honored with an American Flag. I hope the punks are caught, and nothing like it ever happens again.
Yeah, I KNOW how YOU feel, man. My dad was at Pearl Harbor, in the Navy, when it was attacked by the Japanese. His brother was in Europe,
serving with General Patton. Me? I'm a veteran of the Vietnam War days. U.S. Air Force. Stories like THIS one "burn me up" (no pun intended!). When idiots make light of it, well it doesn't sit well with me. You call 'em, "liberals," I call 'em, "idiots." Ever since the draft ended, we've had a couple of generations, now, that DON'T have a clue, man! "They" think being an American is ALL about "entitlement," and stuff. You're an American, so you're "entitled" to free speech, and ANYTHING GOES! No, as Tom Hanks' dying character says to Private Ryan, in the movie, "Saving Private Ryan," "earn this." THAT'S what freedom and democracy is ALL about: you've GOT to KEEP "earning it." The dum-dum that made the post, earlier, DOESN'T know what we're even talking about, man. Have a day, you sound like a good person.
Your Unseen Foe

AOL

#8 May 29, 2007
Free flags to those interested in burning them...Why not,the government is the leader in burning everything the flag stood for and hides behind it for cover.
Barry Fleckmann

Toms River, NJ

#9 May 29, 2007
Your Unseen Foe wrote:
Free flags to those interested in burning them...Why not,the government is the leader in burning everything the flag stood for and hides behind it for cover.
Like I said in my earlier post, "YOU don't have a CLUE, do you, Mr. Jones?" If you don't like it, here, there's a border to our north, and a border to our south. Don't go east or west, though, it tends to get a little wet. You know, the Atlantic and the Pacific? Bye, bye anarchist.
Your Unseen Foe

AOL

#11 May 29, 2007
Barry Fleckmann wrote:
<quoted text>
Like I said in my earlier post, "YOU don't have a CLUE, do you, Mr. Jones?" If you don't like it, here, there's a border to our north, and a border to our south. Don't go east or west, though, it tends to get a little wet. You know, the Atlantic and the Pacific? Bye, bye anarchist.
No ,I will stay here,continue to load my pockets with cash pay,hate the government and the flag people and fend for my family.I will always remember the day when the flag meant by the people for the people,not by the government for the government.
Radical1a

United States

#12 Jun 13, 2007
Your Unseen Foe you are not unseen you are in the smoke shops buying your pipes , in the parks smoking dope and at the protest against the Troops that you so loudly Profess to Support . Crawl back into your hole or move to France . no wait they threw out their Liberal Politicans .
Government Enemy

AOL

#13 Jun 16, 2007
I'm going to help the unseen foe and invent Flag toilet paper so he can wipe his ass with it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Juan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Washington pleads guilty to felony kidnapping i... (Mar '11) Apr '11 SoberBro 9
San Juan College leads local MLK celebrations (Jan '10) Jan '10 Sully 18
Body found near Sucia Island (Dec '09) Dec '09 Cprell 1
Health care facts more important than propaganda (Aug '09) Aug '09 propoganda 4
Funds to fight meth use (Sep '08) Sep '08 shortydeming born... 3
Border Patrol activity at Anacortes terminal qu... (May '08) Jul '08 Malby 2
Spot checks on ferries provoke ire in San Juans (Apr '08) Apr '08 ouramericanparks 1
More from around the web