All in a day's work

All in a day's work

There are 48 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Mar 18, 2012, titled All in a day's work. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Pushing law enforcement officers to actively seek out violators while on duty is the rationale for the new point system in force at the San Juan County Sheriff's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
El Chingon

United States

#41 May 16, 2012
CHERIFF wrote:
Makes since to me, I was pulled over by a sheriff in Kirtland coming home from a long ride from Albuquerque. I was on 6100 going 45 mph, so I assume the Sheriff was doing 45 mph on 6100 in the 45 mph zone at about 2 AM. As soon as I passed him he turned around and followed me and pulled me over for a Licence plate light out. He was able to see that at 90 mph???? I think he was just profiling me because it was 2 AM and he was hoping I was a drunk. But I guess he got some of his points quota for the pull over.
Ya shoulda went Astorga on his azz and blew his face off with a 9mm glock.
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#42 May 17, 2012
El Chingon wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya shoulda went Astorga on his azz and blew his face off with a 9mm glock.
And you think you're a viable voice...don't think so. What you should be thankful for is that they are there...24 hours a day..protecting you and your loved ones from harm....uh...you?...Unfortunat ely, they are obligated to serve and protect all citizens...even you. And don't think for one minute that they aren't trained to deal with idiots like you. You may survive...the encounter..maybe not...I wouldn't take that chance...El Chingon. Have insurance?
CHERIFF

Albuquerque, NM

#43 May 18, 2012
a warning.....
Asking for a ticket

Albuquerque, NM

#44 May 18, 2012
CHERIFF wrote:
Makes since to me, I was pulled over by a sheriff in Kirtland coming home from a long ride from Albuquerque. I was on 6100 going 45 mph, so I assume the Sheriff was doing 45 mph on 6100 in the 45 mph zone at about 2 AM. As soon as I passed him he turned around and followed me and pulled me over for a Licence plate light out. He was able to see that at 90 mph???? I think he was just profiling me because it was 2 AM and he was hoping I was a drunk. But I guess he got some of his points quota for the pull over.
Mr. Cheriff..If you were traveling on 6100 at 45 MPH at 2 am the Deputy would not have had to llok for a licence plate light not working. You were traveling at 10 mph over the poseted speed limit.'
CHERIFF

Albuquerque, NM

#45 May 18, 2012
Asking for a ticket wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Cheriff..If you were traveling on 6100 at 45 MPH at 2 am the Deputy would not have had to llok for a licence plate light not working. You were traveling at 10 mph over the poseted speed limit.'
The speed limit is 45 mph when coming from Farmington before you get to the bridge, then a little ways before the bridge it turns 35 mph. I was in the 45 mph zone.
CHERIFF

Albuquerque, NM

#46 May 18, 2012
and so was he, there for it was 90 mph.
caught

Farmington, NM

#47 May 19, 2012
wawawawa who cares.
Master J

Fort Defiance, AZ

#48 Mar 24, 2013
I'm all for change that benefits safety,However there is is much to be said for the fact that 90% of the month I have to drive 10 miles an hour over the speed limit just to keep from getting run over,only to spend the last few days driving 10 miles under to keep from getting a 70 dollar ticket,by 1 of the over eager sjc's parked every mile.%on,t believe me?havn't seen a single sheriff all this month yesterday,no shit 3 parked in kirtland,last night 4 from ftown to waterflow,and today 5 from ftown to hogback.You can't make that crap up.Not anticop.But hell,Consistancy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Juan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Grad Issue: From high-school dropout to college... Dec '17 SARAHP 2
News Man accused of throwing ax at couple and their ... Nov '17 aztec1 3
News New club celebrates Martin Luther King Jr. (Jan '17) Jan '17 Richies Cool Man ... 9
News Proposed rate changes concern solar proponents (Dec '16) Dec '16 Solarman 7
News Intoxicated New Mexico woman dies in fall while... (Oct '16) Oct '16 White Man Yo Daddy 5
News New detox center to open in Farmington (Mar '16) Aug '16 Remi 8
News Eight men indicted in meth trafficking ring (May '16) May '16 Grimreaper 1
More from around the web