All in a day's work

All in a day's work

There are 48 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Mar 18, 2012, titled All in a day's work. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Pushing law enforcement officers to actively seek out violators while on duty is the rationale for the new point system in force at the San Juan County Sheriff's Office.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#21 Mar 26, 2012
Matt Lauer wrote:
Wow, Whammer. You certainly do take all of this personally. All we were saying is there have been rumors of bad morale, but saying that seems to send you into a tizzy and you don't address it. I'm glad you're so pleased with all of the exciting programs and we're not criticizing those, least I'm not. Bad morale was the question and I was just curious bout it and just asking if the rumors are true. But mentioning it seems to send you off on this other tangent so I guess this convo is over. And by the way, I'm not the past administration, there were lots of problems with that one also but that ones over, we're talking bout now. I don't know that morale was worse then though. Anyone other than Whammer who might be in the know want to comment? He's sounding like a broken record to me. But my, Hoda's lookin mighty yummy today so back to the set.
Tsk tsk...spoken like a citizen who doesn't/isn't about to attend his neighborhood watch meeting...tsk. Pick and choose. There's plenty of programs available for your participation...now. Your pick? Slam the current administration for trying to improve on past administrations mistakes and closed door policies to both the deputies and the public...tsk..anyone beside 'lazy citizens' who don't have an iron in the fire/vested interest in this county willing to speak to this topic?
letter to editor

Aztec, NM

#22 Apr 8, 2012
Good "points" in today's letter. I agree, a point system only sends the message that you're going to treat your employees like children, and is going to make them invent violations in order to get the points. Not a good move, not a good decision. I'd like to hear from some of the S.O. employees about how this great idea is working?
caught

Farmington, NM

#23 Apr 13, 2012
whammer jammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Tsk tsk...spoken like a citizen who doesn't/isn't about to attend his neighborhood watch meeting...tsk. Pick and choose. There's plenty of programs available for your participation...now. Your pick? Slam the current administration for trying to improve on past administrations mistakes and closed door policies to both the deputies and the public...tsk..anyone beside 'lazy citizens' who don't have an iron in the fire/vested interest in this county willing to speak to this topic?
Sheriff Lt. Brice Current is this you?
DONOVAN

Albuquerque, NM

#24 Apr 14, 2012
caught wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Mr. Whammer isn't Lt. Current. But Whammer does have a family member in the SO. So he feels like an expert on this subject.
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#25 Apr 17, 2012
caught wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you live in San Juan County? Do you have neighbors? What about community involvement do you not get? Try spending your 'free' time protecting your property and your neighbors. I'm thinking this is what we expect from our local law enforcement. Protection. Envolve yourself. You'd be surprised what you can learn from a neighborhood watch meeting. And no, I'm not a Sheriff's deputy...just an educated, law abiding citizen willing to put my time where my mouth is. jus sayin
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#26 Apr 17, 2012
DONOVAN wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Mr. Whammer isn't Lt. Current. But Whammer does have a family member in the SO. So he feels like an expert on this subject.
So, if you encourage citizens to become more proactive in their OWN community, that's a downfall? Donovan??? Now there's a clairvoyant if I ever met one. Attended any neighborhood watch meetings lately? See ya there! jus sayin. You have my back, I'll have yours. I promise I won't let anyone rob your home while you're on vacation. Just sit by and watch a moving truck pull into your driveway and take everything you own. I promise I'll report any suspicious activity to local authorities. I've learned how to report, what to watch for, how to keep my home and neighborhood safe for children playing, neighbors walking their dogs....etc...from my local NWP. Get involved. Then opine.
George Zimmerman

Albuquerque, NM

#27 May 2, 2012
Just keep watching for "non tax paying citizens" in hoodies in your neighborhood, sounds like you know what to do already.

“"Hold the Rope"”

Since: Mar 12

Kirtland New Mexico

#28 May 2, 2012
George Zimmerman wrote:
Just keep watching for "non tax paying citizens" in hoodies in your neighborhood, sounds like you know what to do already.
Yep that is the kink of NWP that we need in Kirtland to keep the criminal element away, You have my back, I'll have yours.....
whammer jammer

United States

#29 May 3, 2012
Whammer Jammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep that is the kink of NWP that we need in Kirtland to keep the criminal element away, You have my back, I'll have yours.....
Is that what you tell Matty Tso? "You can have my back and I'll have yours"...You dirty ole fruit pie....LOL
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#30 May 4, 2012
whammer jammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that what you tell Matty Tso? "You can have my back and I'll have yours"...You dirty ole fruit pie....LOL
Do you have anything constructive to contribute to any topic? You're a sick hag looking to gleen respectablity on another's moniker. Pathetic. Mr. Tso. We're watching and retaining your opines.
GEBE

United States

#31 May 7, 2012
whammer jammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you have anything constructive to contribute to any topic? You're a sick hag looking to gleen respectablity on another's moniker. Pathetic. Mr. Tso. We're watching and retaining your opines.
Welcome to the Whammer Jammer Police state, we are recording everything. For a pure kirtland.
caught

Farmington, NM

#32 May 8, 2012
OMG Connie, enough is enough already.
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#33 May 9, 2012
caught wrote:
OMG Connie, enough is enough already.
Good intel work 'caught'...you've figured out what no one has been able to solve for years...congrats to you..now..get to work..you're on the tax payer's dime...
Thin Blue Line

Albuquerque, NM

#34 May 9, 2012
whammer jammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Good intel work 'caught'...you've figured out what no one has been able to solve for years...congrats to you..now..get to work..you're on the tax payer's dime...
Sorry not Connie,

But Whammer jammer

We know who you are.
caught

Farmington, NM

#35 May 11, 2012
oh it is Connie Johnston for sure. Nice try though
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#36 May 14, 2012
caught wrote:
oh it is Connie Johnston for sure. Nice try though
Your 'investigative skills' being top notch and all. Get back to the topic of the blog.
whammer jammer

Albuquerque, NM

#37 May 14, 2012
Thin Blue Line wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry not Connie,
But Whammer jammer
We know who you are.
Get back to work. And if you choose to opine on these blogs, first, sharpen your skills...second...don't second...you look like an idiot. Now, what was this topic? There are citizens who aren't 'inside' members of your 'thin blue line' who actually have a brain cell functioning and have an opinion. It may not coincide with your opinion, but there are functioning, thinking citizens in this community....obviously that has slipped your perception.
Thin Blue Line

Albuquerque, NM

#38 May 15, 2012
whammer jammer wrote:
<quoted text>
Get back to work. And if you choose to opine on these blogs, first, sharpen your skills...second...don't second...you look like an idiot. Now, what was this topic? There are citizens who aren't 'inside' members of your 'thin blue line' who actually have a brain cell functioning and have an opinion. It may not coincide with your opinion, but there are functioning, thinking citizens in this community....obviously that has slipped your perception.
Bullseye!!!!! On whammer jammer. We know who you are, and it's not Connie whatever her Name is.

At this point we'll just call you a teabaging wannabe cop.

Carry on folks.... Nothing to see here..... Just troll abatement we will have him cornered and removed in a moment.
CHERIFF

Albuquerque, NM

#39 May 15, 2012
Makes since to me, I was pulled over by a sheriff in Kirtland coming home from a long ride from Albuquerque. I was on 6100 going 45 mph, so I assume the Sheriff was doing 45 mph on 6100 in the 45 mph zone at about 2 AM. As soon as I passed him he turned around and followed me and pulled me over for a Licence plate light out. He was able to see that at 90 mph???? I think he was just profiling me because it was 2 AM and he was hoping I was a drunk. But I guess he got some of his points quota for the pull over.
And

Farmington, NM

#40 May 16, 2012
Cheriff, Did you get a ticket?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Juan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News New club celebrates Martin Luther King Jr. (Jan '17) Jan '17 Richies Cool Man ... 9
News Proposed rate changes concern solar proponents (Dec '16) Dec '16 Solarman 7
News Intoxicated New Mexico woman dies in fall while... (Oct '16) Oct '16 White Man Yo Daddy 5
News New detox center to open in Farmington (Mar '16) Aug '16 Remi 8
News Eight men indicted in meth trafficking ring (May '16) May '16 Grimreaper 1
News Ex-agents sentenced in drug scandal (Dec '08) May '16 Grimreaper 130
News ABQ Warm Up Thefts (Feb '16) Feb '16 Maester 3
More from around the web