Missing newborn search moves to Lathr...

Missing newborn search moves to Lathrop teen mom's home

There are 6 comments on the KXTV story from Apr 9, 2010, titled Missing newborn search moves to Lathrop teen mom's home. In it, KXTV reports that:

Sheriff's deputies moved their search inside the home of a Lathrop teen Friday afternoon after a search of the house's backyard turned up no signs of the teen's newborn baby, who has been missing for several days.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KXTV.

209baby

Stockton, CA

#1 Apr 9, 2010
well this sucks for her and if you guys dont remember we have a river like 5 minutes away...:/
mommy

Manteca, CA

#2 Apr 11, 2010
I think that this is very awful and that at her age she should feel terrible....what has been done is done and there is no turning back the clock but she knows better and should at least have saved her baby and told officials exactly what she did with her baby....also she couldve given the baby to anyone who then could have given the baby to the hospital and the county of found the baby a good home. She should be charged with something.....child endangerment, abandonment, murder we are talking about a helpless child compared to a scared teenager who didn't want to face her parents. She was sane enough to keep her pregnancy a secret...well then she was sane enough to do the right thing.
lizm

Tracy, CA

#3 Apr 13, 2010
Because there are so many safe haven's available, there is no excuse, not that there ever was to something as horrible as this. I don't even know why she was allowed to go home. She's in a safe warm place and what about that poor baby. She should have been arrested once there was proof that she delivered a child and wasn't willing to show where the baby was. Idiots like this should never be allowed to forget what they have done. I hope her name is made public and people know what she has done wherever she goes.
Wanda

Oakdale, CA

#4 Apr 15, 2010
No one should judge her, for we do not know what she was feeling. If, and a big if, she knows what happened to the baby, then we should give her compassion as I am sure she is not in her sane mind. I am sure she is in denial about the whole situation. I don't see what good making her name public, Lizm, would do. Everyone has suffered in this situation. She really needs psychiatric help.

Do not judge others, for as you judge them so you will be judge.
Jazmine

United States

#5 Apr 17, 2010
We are know one to judge her, your right Wanda but how can you feel compassion for someone who didnt have compassion for an innocent baby. I dont believe she was not sane, thats an excuse every criminal uses. Ya like saying its ok to kill and then claiming your not sane. Please! If she was not sane she should have hurt herself not that poor baby who didnt ask to come to this world. She should be charged like an adult and a murderer. She should've at least told police where she dumped the baby and maybe they could have saved him. Imagine how much that baby suffered. There are so many women out there who cant have babies and really desire one and she had the maliscious idea of doing what she did. I dont believe it was because she was scared of her parents because everything sooner or later is known just like now. I just believe she has no heart. God is the only one that can actually judge her but i believe that I have the right to comment what I feel in situations like these. MERCY FOR ERIKA MONTES
Jazmine

United States

#6 Apr 17, 2010
MY MISTAKE I MEANT NO MERCY FOR HER!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Joaquin County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Single Mother Facing Prison for Selling Homemad... Dec 30 robin clarke 3
San Joaquin County Mugshots and Criminal Arrest... Sep '16 Mark 2
News Fraud claims coming to court (Jun '07) Sep '16 Your Service Prov... 5
News Body Found on Electrical Lines in Lockeford (Apr '16) Apr '16 mike 1
See Something, Say Something to Law Enforcement (Feb '16) Feb '16 Debbie 1
News Fairfield backs keeping Highway 12 as double-fi... (Jan '16) Jan '16 Birds Landing Bob 1
News Teen slain Monday one day before birthday ident... (Dec '15) Dec '15 Concerned citizen 1
More from around the web