Six LA County residents sickened with egg-related salmonella

Full story: LA Daily News

Statewide, officials are investigating the source of more than 200 egg-related salmonella cases some four times the number reported during an average year, although said Mike Sicilia, a spokesman for the California Department of Public Health.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Aug 24, 2010
Egg Lover

Pasadena, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2010

6? Why, that's only a half dozen! But I wanted a full dozen. I guess I'll have to wait.
davidozone

Buena Park, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

This is the result of this zionist nations insatiable goal of third world population.You must feed the masses and what better way than wharehoused,stereoid pumped stircrazy chickens!!You are what you eat ,in more ways than one.
U R not so smart

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

Everybody that gets sick will now blame it on eggs.
Digz

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

Sounds like scummy LA residents trying to get on the SUE TRAIN. EVERY time you eat any eggs, you need to cook them thoroughly, and you will not have a problem.
This should be a NON-TOPIC! I buy ALOT of eggs from Ralphs and have never gotten ill from them. I cook them!
I bet at least half of these people mentioned in this story saw the story and decided to get on the money train.. Don't pay them a dime! Thank you.
Valley Cynic

Reseda, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

The company responsible for this has been paying fines for animal cruelty and unsanitary conditions for more than 10 years, yet there hasn't been a single FDA inspection. This is criminal neglect by a government agency.

Both those egg farms are under the same corrupt ownership.

Don't stop buying eggs, just switch to free-range or cage-free. They're a little more expensive, but so far worth it.
Rufus T Firefly

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

Can we get a little perspective here, only 6 people in all of L.A. County have come down with any sickness due to this egg "scare"? The media hysteria is way out of hand for this story. Should we have food safety and regulations? absolutely but before this story was blown out of proportion, how many people have come down ill from eating a bad egg or two?" The news media has no intelligence and plays follow the leader with "big" news stories in many cases and this is a prime example.
Not so Happy

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

I am 100% sure more than 6 people have gotten sick from these eggs. Only those 6 have reported it. My husband ate those contaminated eggs and also became very sick. He did not seak medical attention as he decided to ride it out. We did not know it was due to the eggs until 10 days latter when the news reported the incident and we checked our eggs, no surprise, we had a contaminated batch. Needless to say I threw them out. It is indeed very serious, and not something to take lightly.
Ace

Glendale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2010

Huevos malos!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••