GreenCo Station Offering Pay-at-Pump Carbon Reduction Program

Feb 3, 2011 Full story: CSP

ESCONDIDO, Calif. -- GreenCo, a San-Diego County-based gas station and mini mart, has partnered with Carbonfund.org, which has launched an initiative for individuals to reduce their climate impact.

Full Story
Sir George

El Cajon, CA

#1 Feb 6, 2011
What an awesome concept. I recently drove by the GreenCo location and noticed a wonderful change from the old K-Square gas station it used to be.

I will definitely stop at GreenCo next time I'm in the neighborhood and pay 5 cents per gallon to lower my carbon footprint. Heck, even with the extra 5 cents, GreenCo's gas is priced much lower than the competition (or at least that was the case on that day).

It's kind of like donating found money to help reduce carbon emissions. Good job GreenCo!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Diego County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Arrest made in slayings of California family Nov '14 Zeppelin 5
County starts care-home rating system Oct '14 Gerald Vonberger 1
In San Diego, 'Kids Free' returns for third year Oct '14 KittySpice 2
Brazen Graffiti Suspect Accused of Tagging San ... (Jun '14) Oct '14 Kid_Tomorrow 9
Heat wave hits San Diego this weekend Sep '14 Claudia 1
Escondido, CA Considers Building Shelter for Im... Sep '14 Neighbor 1
4.2 Quake Strikes in Pacific Ocean Sep '14 Sky 1
More from around the web