Desal doesn't look promising

There are 1 comment on the RecordNET story from Feb 19, 2013, titled Desal doesn't look promising. In it, RecordNET reports that:

One unit of the cavalry we hope will ride to the rescue of the Delta is the technology of water desalinization.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at RecordNET.

james marple

San Diego, CA

#1 Feb 19, 2013
Re the LA news article about desalination scams:

Professional wordsmiths were able to fool San Diego County officials into approving the $3-4 billion cost of a desalination plant because the Directors were not shown the true costs and benefits of saving this much rainwater. The professional engineeers who advised them simply ignored the alternative of guiding 18 billion gallons of water to storage during the rainy season when more than 50 times this much runs off to the ocean.

We have to fault ourselves, collectively, for not electing politicians smart enough to appoint water district Directors who would either demand complete and accurate information from their staff or find this for themselves with diligent Internet browsing. Diverting water from a raging flood to a storage pond is not rocket science.

There can be no credible reason for spending $3-4 billion when 2 MILLION would have built rainwater management facilities that would store away 18 billion gallons each winter. Ordinarily capable people can discover this, as I did, by visiting a few dozen Department of Agriculture NRCS offices in other states that have politicians smart enough to manage rainwater properly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Diego County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California water cuts ignore past changes by so... May 10 is pict bottled H20 1
News DA Files Charges in Multi-Million-Dollar Invest... Apr 30 La Jolla resident 5
illegal immigration (Apr '06) Mar '15 Kpedo 453
News Public to comment on predator's residency (May '14) Mar '15 Lee Cahalan 2
San Diego County Sheriff Department: Law Enfor... Feb '15 Libi Uremovic 1
James Turner and Tina Walton Jan '15 telling it like i... 1
News Lawyer Dad Arrested Over Teen's Epic 'Playboy' ... Jan '15 dragoon70056 5
More from around the web