Oakland chief defends officers involved in clash

There are 2 comments on the Santa Cruz Sentinel story from Oct 28, 2011, titled Oakland chief defends officers involved in clash. In it, Santa Cruz Sentinel reports that:

Josh Funn confronts San Diego Police officer B.A. Jackson outside police headquarters following the arrest of 51 Occupy San Diego protesters Friday, Oct.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Santa Cruz Sentinel.

bob Reynolds

Nashville, TN

#1 Oct 30, 2011
how can you justify shooting tear gas at citizens who are protesting peaceably? you treat the people of this country like illegal immigrants. the people will run their own country. not the "strong arm of the law". dont ask that citizens write their congressmen. tried that. got ignored. now, when they go a step further and march for a fairness and freedom you dont feel they should have, you beat them, spray your gases, arrest them, and WILL eventually shoot them. they wont stop!
you are out numbered. you are going against our constitution. if this country isnt the way you want it, why dont you leave?
you dont have enough jails for an entire country (i have heard you got camps built for americans though). you have no legal right to do what you are doing. all you got is guns.
you say you're protecting the safety of the citizens. by beating them? what do you think will be the ultimate outcome of your actions? listen to the people who elected you because you made promises. the wanna-be intimidators that nobody is afraid of. let americans speak out in their home country. NOW!
do you want the blood bath that YOU will create?
let me reiterate, you ARE wrong and out-numbered. the people want a peaceful change. respect that. lay down your riot gear and talk to them. they have very legitimate issues. dont ignore them. PLEASE!
Oaklander

San Leandro, CA

#2 Nov 2, 2011

Put a sock in it bob!!!!
bob Reynolds wrote:
how can you justify shooting tear gas at citizens who are protesting peaceably? you treat the people of this country like illegal immigrants. the people will run their own country. not the "strong arm of the law". dont ask that citizens write their congressmen. tried that. got ignored. now, when they go a step further and march for a fairness and freedom you dont feel they should have, you beat them, spray your gases, arrest them, and WILL eventually shoot them. they wont stop!
you are out numbered. you are going against our constitution. if this country isnt the way you want it, why dont you leave?
you dont have enough jails for an entire country (i have heard you got camps built for americans though). you have no legal right to do what you are doing. all you got is guns.
you say you're protecting the safety of the citizens. by beating them? what do you think will be the ultimate outcome of your actions? listen to the people who elected you because you made promises. the wanna-be intimidators that nobody is afraid of. let americans speak out in their home country. NOW!
do you want the blood bath that YOU will create?
let me reiterate, you ARE wrong and out-numbered. the people want a peaceful change. respect that. lay down your riot gear and talk to them. they have very legitimate issues. dont ignore them. PLEASE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Diego County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News California water cuts ignore past changes by so... May 10 is pict bottled H20 1
News DA Files Charges in Multi-Million-Dollar Invest... Apr 30 La Jolla resident 5
illegal immigration (Apr '06) Mar '15 Kpedo 453
News Public to comment on predator's residency (May '14) Mar '15 Lee Cahalan 2
San Diego County Sheriff Department: Law Enfor... Feb '15 Libi Uremovic 1
James Turner and Tina Walton Jan '15 telling it like i... 1
News Lawyer Dad Arrested Over Teen's Epic 'Playboy' ... Jan '15 dragoon70056 5
More from around the web