Push to designate Pinnacles as park

Push to designate Pinnacles as park

There are 2 comments on the Monterey County Herald story from Aug 7, 2010, titled Push to designate Pinnacles as park. In it, Monterey County Herald reports that:

An effort to convert the Pinnacles National Monument into a national park picked up steam this week as Sen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Monterey County Herald.

Jan Shriner

Monterey, CA

#1 Aug 7, 2010
Thank you Mr. Parsons for picking up this bit of good news. Pinnacles, like Marina, has been underestimated for a long time.

The staff and volunteers are doing some amazing things with building relations with local first nation people as well as with people of Argentina for Pan-American partnerships.

Superintendent Eric Brunneman was recently honored by the tribal council of the Amah Mutsun Tribal Band lead by Valentine Lopez.

Last January a small contingency of us traveled to Washington D.C. for the signing ceremony of the Directors of the National Parks for the U.S. and Argentina to create a sister park agreement between Pinnacles and Quebrada del Condorito.
ex driver

Monterey, CA

#2 Aug 7, 2010
It sounds like a good idea at first glance. However, if Farr and Boxer are supporting it, there may be a hidden agenda. We had better look carefully.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Benito County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Guest View: San Benito County roads about to be... Wed ICU812 2
You might be a stalker if... (Feb '16) Feb '16 whatareyoulookingat 1
News 101 Fighting Cocks Siezed from Home; 400 Found ... (Jun '13) Apr '15 Un agenda 21 and ... 6
News Another Cockfighting Bust in Hollister Friday M... (Dec '12) Jan '15 Un agenda 21 and ... 25
News Large pot operation cleared in San Juan Bautist... (Aug '14) Aug '14 anonymous 1
News Hollister Man Arrested on Four Arson Charges (Feb '13) Jun '14 Victor Gomez 2
News San Benito County workers plan actions (Oct '13) Oct '13 Val I Entes 1
More from around the web