Hollister Parade Includes Gay Rights ...

Hollister Parade Includes Gay Rights Float

There are 20 comments on the KCBA story from Jun 26, 2009, titled Hollister Parade Includes Gay Rights Float. In it, KCBA reports that:

An annual western parade in Hollister Thursday welcomed a float from the city's gay community.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KCBA.

richard

United States

#1 Jun 27, 2009
I think allowing the gay float in the rodeo parade was wrong to let the kids see. soon you will have gay men dancing half naked in the parade like in san francisco. Hollister should not allow this to happend.
Robert

United States

#2 Jun 30, 2009
Alternative livestyles are a minority in the world today. They are for the most part excepted but not considered normal. The issue I have is that the big push is to educate people (our Kids) and force feed them that these life styles ARE normal. They are NOT. What people do in their own bedrooms should stay there, it's nobodys business but their own. Why do you think they can not pass the Same-Sex Marrage legislation. Hollister is not the place for this group to be selling Marrige equality.
john

Palo Alto, CA

#3 Jun 30, 2009
Robert wrote:
Alternative livestyles are a minority in the world today. They are for the most part excepted but not considered normal. The issue I have is that the big push is to educate people (our Kids) and force feed them that these life styles ARE normal. They are NOT. What people do in their own bedrooms should stay there, it's nobodys business but their own. Why do you think they can not pass the Same-Sex Marrage legislation. Hollister is not the place for this group to be selling Marrige equality.
I agree, we need to get back to christian values and promoting traditional family life.

Daniel P from Long Island

“Protestant, Gay, Libertarian”

Since: Apr 08

Long Island, NY

#4 Jun 30, 2009
I think children should be fully homosexualized at the earliest age possible.

GO HOLLESTER !

Long Island, NY

#5 Jun 30, 2009
And our BIG RECRUITMENT DRIVE is always in June so this is GREAT timing !

:)
Robert

United States

#6 Jul 6, 2009
Hey Danny boy, how about hetrosexualizing all the gays at the earliest age? Whats fair is fair.

“What Goes Around, Comes Around”

Since: Mar 07

Kansas City, MO.

#7 Jul 6, 2009
john wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, we need to get back to christian values and promoting traditional family life.
Hmmm. Lets see here....traditional family life----> divorce, domestic violence, verbal abuse, non-tolerance for another human being, shall we go on????

Long Island, NY

#8 Jul 6, 2009
Robert wrote:
Hey Danny boy, how about hetrosexualizing all the gays at the earliest age? Whats fair is fair.
Homosexualizing people is a LOT more fun !

WOO-HOO ! It's naked gayboys 2nite !

Location hidden

#9 Jul 7, 2009
Robert wrote:
That is already how it works, and guess what?

It hasn't changed a single gay kid into a straight one.

Just as knowing there are gay folks in the world won't turn a single straight kid, gay.

Location hidden

#10 Jul 7, 2009
john wrote:
<quoted text>I agree, we need to get back to christian values and promoting traditional family life.
So when Gay christians who hold traditional values want to marry, you are okay with it? You agree their kids would be better off with married parents?

Good. That's a step in the right direction.
Lt Trask

Visalia, CA

#11 Aug 7, 2009
I heard that county supervisor Reb Monaco, the known sex fest promoter and part-time county supervisor invited this group to ride in the parade. Anyone know if that is correct?
Hollister Guy

Turlock, CA

#12 Aug 7, 2009
Lt Trask wrote:
I heard that county supervisor Reb Monaco, the known sex fest promoter and part-time county supervisor invited this group to ride in the parade. Anyone know if that is correct?
You know I heard it was a former restaurant owner known for wesring mskeup I believe, but I can't be certain. I hear he is in debt and being foreclosed upon,

Such a shame in this day and age.
Reb Rides Bareback

United States

#13 Sep 5, 2009
Well, I want to know if there is any truth to the rumor that Reb rode on the float. Or perhaps, he was rode upon... (wink wink)
jules

Salinas, CA

#14 Sep 7, 2009
Daniel P from Long Island wrote:
<quoted text>
Homosexualizing people is a LOT more fun !
WOO-HOO ! It's naked gayboys 2nite !
That's what we're talking about. You have to take it to far.
WANGUSMAXIMUS

Alhambra, CA

#15 Dec 7, 2009
Keep your homofaggassed ideals out of Hollister and back at home with you in Long Island, YOU POS
Daniel P from Long Island wrote:
I think children should be fully homosexualized at the earliest age possible.
GO HOLLESTER !
WANGUSMAXIMUS

Alhambra, CA

#16 Dec 7, 2009
Too the editor of this or whom ever allows this, keep your hands off of peoples rights to free speech, and if you don't like rude comments on things like gay rights then don't allow them to be involved with something as sacred as Christmas and our Children. SCREW YOU
Tommy Tutu

Sacramento, CA

#17 Dec 7, 2009
jules wrote:
<quoted text>
That's what we're talking about. You have to take it to far.
Are you so unsure of yourself that you can't recognize a joke?

RECURIT THEM KIDS!

No Straight child has been "recruited" into being Gay.

No Gay child has been recruited into being Straight.

Our sexual orientation is deeper than that.

Are you bisexual and trying to decide which way you want to go?
Whoever

Gilroy, CA

#18 Dec 30, 2009
Grow up you guys. And you know who I am referring to. Let your young kids and / or grown kids, sometimes parents be who they where born as. Straight or Gay. Give it a break. This is getting old.
Why really do you care. Live and let live already.
The mature thing to do would be to support them for God sakes. Why the hate? God has a special place for that and it is downstairs.
In the Dark

Coalinga, CA

#19 Jan 8, 2010
This comes a half-year after Richard's original post, but I saw the gay float, and it was not half-naked dancing in the street.

It was just regular people in regular clothes, carrying banners, waving, doing the usual parade-float thing. The crowd applauded politely.

And that was that.
Bob

United States

#20 Jan 11, 2010
In the Dark was entirely correct. There was no hanky panky going on. They were the float in front of us. In fact the lady that had something to do with getting them into the event came up and talked to us. She was polite and we were polite. I am just sad that we are allowing this topic to go so main stream. Keep it in the bedroom and I am not so bothered by the whole thing. We should always be kind to everyone if possible but when someone tries to force their values on us it gets messy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Benito County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mega-earthquake on San Andreas fault would dama... Nov '16 gravity signal 1
News Guest View: San Benito County roads about to be... (Aug '16) Aug '16 ICU812 2
You might be a stalker if... (Feb '16) Feb '16 whatareyoulookingat 1
News 101 Fighting Cocks Siezed from Home; 400 Found ... (Jun '13) Apr '15 Un agenda 21 and ... 6
News Another Cockfighting Bust in Hollister Friday M... (Dec '12) Jan '15 Un agenda 21 and ... 25
News Large pot operation cleared in San Juan Bautist... (Aug '14) Aug '14 anonymous 1
News Hollister Man Arrested on Four Arson Charges (Feb '13) Jun '14 Victor Gomez 2
More from around the web