Hunters unhappy over condor range lea...

Hunters unhappy over condor range lead ammo ban

There are 1 comment on the Marin Independent Journal story from Apr 20, 2009, titled Hunters unhappy over condor range lead ammo ban. In it, Marin Independent Journal reports that:

Hunters are unhappy over the lead ammunition ban in California's condor range encompassing all or parts of 13 counties, including all of Monterey and San Benito counties.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Marin Independent Journal.

S Stoneback

Greenbrae, CA

#1 Apr 20, 2009
This is a shame. Who wants to see the California Condor population die out because of lead bullets? I recently worked with the Ventana Wildlife Society and learned of the plight of these birds. The birds are scavengers that eat dead carcasses. Much of their diet is from animals shot with lead bullets... once that lead enters the condor's digestive system it can kill them.

How can anyone defend using lead bullets any longer? These birds were decimated by humans over the years, nearly to the point of extinction. Now, there are dedicated individuals who are bringing the population back one bird at a time. Hunters, show some compassion and respect for the wilderness ecosystem. It is inhumane to continue to let these birds suffer and die from lead poisoning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

San Benito County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News County workers rally amidst negotiations Sep '17 Pepper543 1
News West Hills Treatment Plant comes online Sep '17 Pepper543 1
News Guest View: San Benito County roads about to be... (Aug '16) Aug '17 Pepper543 3
News Mega-earthquake on San Andreas fault would dama... (Nov '16) Nov '16 gravity signal 1
You might be a stalker if... (Feb '16) Feb '16 whatareyoulookingat 1
News 101 Fighting Cocks Siezed from Home; 400 Found ... (Jun '13) Apr '15 Un agenda 21 and ... 6
News Another Cockfighting Bust in Hollister Friday M... (Dec '12) Jan '15 Un agenda 21 and ... 25
More from around the web