Salt Lake County police investigating...

Salt Lake County police investigating possible child abduction

There are 20 comments on the Fox13Now story from Jun 17, 2010, titled Salt Lake County police investigating possible child abduction. In it, Fox13Now reports that:

Police are investigating a possibe abduction in Salt Lake County. Police say a woman reported seeing a child abducted along 5600 West around 10:50 a.m. Thursday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox13Now.

Tom Sparks

Salt Lake City, UT

#1 Jun 17, 2010
Just wondering why there is no missing girl? Why are there no reports of anyone who is missing a child as of this morning? Makes me think the witness made it up. Perhaps it is a real abduction, but if it was I would think there was a distraught parent somewhere. Just saying.
Sarah

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Jun 17, 2010
Now-a-days I think kids are raising themselves! So it is possible that the parents are not even aware that the little girl is gone yet, Hope the cops get on this and get that little girl home safely!!!
Viki

Herriman, UT

#3 Jun 17, 2010
Please repost and spread the word.......
Mother Of 4

Mount Morris, MI

#4 Jun 17, 2010
If one of my kids were missing I would be freaking out!!! My oldest is 9 and I do not let him out of the yard without asking. He also has to check in every 30 min when he is by his friends house which is only 3 blocks away. Really this poor girl has no idea her parents are not even looking for her. Crazy!! I think the parents should get a lesson in parenting. I pray that this unknown little girl is ok and the police find her alive!!
Linda

Midvale, UT

#5 Jun 17, 2010
I have to agree with Tom Sparks. Where are the parents of the child? No Child should not be missed by a parent from 10 am until now (4 pm) that would be neglect.
Trijem Lodestone

Salt Lake City, UT

#6 Jun 17, 2010
Shared on Facebook.
stefanie bock

Salt Lake City, UT

#7 Jun 17, 2010
I think everyone should just focus on the girl & abductors for now, and getting her home safely. Everyone has an opinion, but nobody knows the whole story yet.Just pray now, and deal w/ the blah,blah crap talk later.
save her

Ogden, UT

#8 Jun 17, 2010
spread the word to friends and family, facebook, myspace please. Dont waste time arguing about WHY just act now before its too late damn it!
Mee

Park City, UT

#9 Jun 17, 2010
Was the skateboard left behind? Or did they give her a chance to take it?
Sally

Saint George, UT

#10 Jun 17, 2010
Why did it take 4 hours to issue the Amber Alert?
Trish Ramirez

United States

#11 Jun 17, 2010
I understand the idea of just focusing on the child and her abductors, but in this case the data released makes no sense. It wouldn't be the first time a phony child abduction has been phoned in.

It is now 6:30 and still there is no actual missing person report filed for the child in question? I have reposted this and shared on FB and tweeted, but if the police have had a report of a missing child by parents who could possibly provide a photograph of the girl and they are not releasing it, that seems pretty irresponsible considering that time is of the essence in child abduction cases. And if this child still hasn't been reported as missing by her parents/guardians, then there is A LOT more to this story than is being put out there.

Because if you don't presume that a lot of information is being omitted, what we are being told doesn't add up.
Jenn1981

Salt Lake City, UT

#12 Jun 17, 2010
you know how far a car can get in 4 and a half hours are you serious some ones slacking
mommy of 3 wonderful kids

Salt Lake City, UT

#13 Jun 17, 2010
I am a mom of 3 wonderful kids,Its not like it used to be where your kids can be outside after dark or walk to a friends house, I hardly ever let my kids out of the yard Im to afraid, but if this little girl has really been kidnapped where are her parents? Here it is almost 9:00 PM and nothing has been reported? Even if it wasnt a kidnapping you would think that the people that own that car that picked up the little girl would of called by now this is all over t.v, something is clearly not right... Everyone needs to pray from the time this accusation was made til now its been along time, Lets hope it all turns out well because I seriously could not imagine how horrible it would be!!!
ugh

West Jordan, UT

#14 Jun 17, 2010
it was probably the parents and they are too damn embarrassed to call and admit someone messed up.
momy of 3

Salt Lake City, UT

#15 Jun 17, 2010
ugh wrote:
it was probably the parents and they are too damn embarrassed to call and admit someone messed up.
Yep I agree! Something is not right about this whole story.. Its had all of us parents freaking out thinking the worst, you would think someone would have the respect to let everyone know she is okay and it was a misunderstanding if that woman even saw what she says she saw.. hopefully this little girl is safe and we all will hear she is so we can rest
Keri

Dallas, TX

#16 Jun 17, 2010
Why in the world would his be called off. Has anyone not thought that maybe the parents were killed, on vacation, or somehow unable to call police? This is completely assanine to call it off. I have called in THREE times to 911 to report a white Nissan abandoned on center street in lehi, ut with matching plates and no police have showed up in the past hour!!!!!!! This is insane and I am in shock that no one would bother to look into this! Shame on Lehi PD and the investigators who called this off.
Josh m

Salt Lake City, UT

#17 Jun 17, 2010
In my opinion this all sounds still fishy.
I mean the girl dosn't scream kick nothing.
White girl, hisspanic males?
Come on.
And two, i really dont care who you are,
if that was my daughter missing whether i came forth right away or not, i would be furious at the police for canceling the amber alert.What if that is someones child that was takin?
So no one has come forth.
Josh m

Salt Lake City, UT

#18 Jun 17, 2010
Mother Of 4 wrote:
If one of my kids were missing I would be freaking out!!! My oldest is 9 and I do not let him out of the yard without asking. He also has to check in every 30 min when he is by his friends house which is only 3 blocks away. Really this poor girl has no idea her parents are not even looking for her. Crazy!! I think the parents should get a lesson in parenting. I pray that this unknown little girl is ok and the police find her alive!!
I have a two yr old daughter who has ran away so i know the feelings. What i dont understand is the police calling off the amber alert wheather some one has come forth or not. if that wus my kid and i found this out i would be mad
love

Salt Lake City, UT

#19 Jun 19, 2010
wth is wrong wit this people...waht u gonna do with a baby...
Fishy

North Salt Lake, UT

#20 Jun 24, 2010
momy of 3 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep I agree! Something is not right about this whole story.. Its had all of us parents freaking out thinking the worst, you would think someone would have the respect to let everyone know she is okay and it was a misunderstanding if that woman even saw what she says she saw.. hopefully this little girl is safe and we all will hear she is so we can rest
I agree. Car darted across the street homing in the girl who didn't scream or struggle. No child reported missing, nothing further to go on. This family knows who they are and they just don't want DFS and the police putting them under the microscope right or wrong. Would you really come forth?? We have all read stories about people who try to do the right thing, the kid yells foul and the entire State of Utah is up your tail pipe. Remember the Lehi abuse kids several years ago that were "coerced" by state ordered psycologists to say the parents had abused them? What nightmare did they have to walk through and are still walking through. I don't say its right or wrong, but I think the family is avoiding scrutiny if this really happened the way it was reported.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ugly Valley Music Thread (Aug '16) Oct 15 Musikologist 4
News Mormon church to weigh in on gay marriage ban (Feb '14) Oct 1 pearl street 3
News Name of man who shot neighbor Murray shooting s... Jul '17 Cchristoff 2
News Murray man charged with murder Jun '17 batbara naquin 1
News Police: Murray man shoots, assaults man while d... Jun '17 c u ontheotherside 1
News USC linebacker Osa Masina charged with first-de... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Ruined life 1
News Waldorf Schools in Utah?? Where are they? (Oct '11) Mar '16 Ivy Prep Academy 4
More from around the web