Wildfires frequent at Utah base where...

Wildfires frequent at Utah base where blaze raged

There are 2 comments on the Topeka Capital-Journal story from Oct 7, 2010, titled Wildfires frequent at Utah base where blaze raged. In it, Topeka Capital-Journal reports that:

Firearms and explosives training at a Utah military base have ignited dozens of wildfires in the past three decades, including one that swept into neighborhoods and drove residents from more than 1,600 homes, according to a review of documents requested by The Associated Press.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Topeka Capital-Journal.

ssg airborne

Orem, UT

#1 Oct 8, 2010
Camp Williams was there long before people started to build out there. I know cause I have worked out there. I was a member of the Guard for 20 + years and Herriman wasn't even a spark in anybody's eyes yet. Just like in 1985, when the two youngsters picked up the dud munition that went off. There are signs saying DO NOT PICKUP ANY METAL OBJECTS. People don't pay attention to what they are doing. Including the Guard.
STEVE

Springville, UT

#2 Oct 14, 2010
im glad noone died because of the fire but i have no sympathy for the loss of property.anyone who buys a home on or near a mountain covered in weeds and brush is a moron who obviously hasnt thought things through and the fact is they are just a few miles from a live fire range speaks volumes about the people who bought those homes.in my opinion the military has a need to use real ammo when training and should not be blamed or pay a dime to these idiots who live nearby.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Name of man who shot neighbor Murray shooting s... Jul '17 Cchristoff 2
News Murray man charged with murder Jun '17 batbara naquin 1
News Police: Murray man shoots, assaults man while d... Jun '17 c u ontheotherside 1
Ugly Valley Music Thread (Aug '16) Feb '17 Musikologist 3
News USC linebacker Osa Masina charged with first-de... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Ruined life 1
News Waldorf Schools in Utah?? Where are they? (Oct '11) Mar '16 Ivy Prep Academy 4
Moving to Salt Lake area and need advice (Nov '15) Nov '15 Christi09er 1
More from around the web