KILLPACK DUI CASE: Judge allows traff...

KILLPACK DUI CASE: Judge allows traffic stop evidence in Killpack DUI

There are 2 comments on the Fox13Now story from Sep 7, 2010, titled KILLPACK DUI CASE: Judge allows traffic stop evidence in Killpack DUI. In it, Fox13Now reports that:

A Salt Lake County Justice Court judge has ruled that evidence gathered during a traffic stop can be used in the prosecution of former Utah Senate Majority Leader Sheldon Killpack.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox13Now.

noblondes

Layton, UT

#1 Sep 8, 2010
Officers have been instructed to watch and pull over anyone that goes over lines or may be under the influence. Texter's do it all the time.

If he ( Killpack) only went over the line once, It is a very fine line to reasonable suspicion.

Maybe a good case to argue.

Cops pull people over in traffic stops without reason all the time.

We have rights to not be pulled over unless we are doing something wrong !
Maewest

Chicago, IL

#2 Sep 8, 2010
I applaude the Officer on this one. It is high time that more drunk drivers get caught,prosecuted and held accountable. This could have had a terrible outcome...innocent people getting killed. Leave to the legal profession to find a loophole to wiggle through. One more in the win column? Hope your "technicality" doesn't kill anybody's loved ones.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ugly Valley Music Thread (Aug '16) Oct '17 Musikologist 4
News Mormon church to weigh in on gay marriage ban (Feb '14) Oct '17 pearl street 3
News Name of man who shot neighbor Murray shooting s... (Jun '17) Jul '17 Cchristoff 2
News Murray man charged with murder (Jun '17) Jun '17 batbara naquin 1
News Police: Murray man shoots, assaults man while d... (Jun '17) Jun '17 c u ontheotherside 1
News USC linebacker Osa Masina charged with first-de... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Ruined life 1
News Waldorf Schools in Utah?? Where are they? (Oct '11) Mar '16 Ivy Prep Academy 4
More from around the web