State seeks dismissal of Smart kidnap...

State seeks dismissal of Smart kidnapper charges

There are 1 comment on the KSTU story from Jun 29, 2011, titled State seeks dismissal of Smart kidnapper charges. In it, KSTU reports that:

Brian David Mitchell was sentenced May 25 to two life sentences without parole for the 2002 kidnapping and rape of Smart.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KSTU.

Emile Zola

San Antonio, TX

#1 Jun 29, 2011
I don't think he deserves such a harsh sentence, unless the court thinks that because he looks Mexican, ergo, "illegal" then I guess it's O.K. Utah, the leper of "Christianity" shouldn't act like it was still in the 50s, 60s where racism was, but still is so prevalent. The other reason: Maybe she was kidnapped, but nobody can say she was held against her will for all that time the "victim" was "kidnapped." She used to live a block away from a police station, ergo, if she had been kidnapped, she could have gone to the police any time she wanted to. Ditto with that other "victim" of Duggard.
I'm not condoning what he did, but there is too much hypocrisy in this "Christian and democratic" nation that throws away the key for an apparent kidnapping, but won't send war crminials to jail for life or death and we are talking over a million innocent civilians, mostly women and children. Oh well let Utahns, Arizonians be the worst of hypocrites. All racist, all hypocrites.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ugly Valley Music Thread (Aug '16) Oct '17 Musikologist 4
News Mormon church to weigh in on gay marriage ban (Feb '14) Oct '17 pearl street 3
News Name of man who shot neighbor Murray shooting s... (Jun '17) Jul '17 Cchristoff 2
News Murray man charged with murder (Jun '17) Jun '17 batbara naquin 1
News Police: Murray man shoots, assaults man while d... (Jun '17) Jun '17 c u ontheotherside 1
News USC linebacker Osa Masina charged with first-de... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Ruined life 1
News Waldorf Schools in Utah?? Where are they? (Oct '11) Mar '16 Ivy Prep Academy 4
More from around the web