OBSCENE REVENGE FLYER: Woman charged ...

OBSCENE REVENGE FLYER: Woman charged for obscene revenge act agains...

There are 63 comments on the Fox13Now story from Jun 25, 2010, titled OBSCENE REVENGE FLYER: Woman charged for obscene revenge act agains.... In it, Fox13Now reports that:

A Salt Lake County woman has been charged with 18 counts of sexual exploitation of a minor in connection to an act of revenge against a teen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fox13Now.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
brian

Arvin, CA

#1 Jun 25, 2010
what goes around.....ha ha this is just funny...a 37 year old trying to get even with a kid....lock her up...
Luis Cipher

Clearfield, UT

#2 Jun 25, 2010
Totally Hilarious. Where does FOX get this stuff.
Luis Cipher

Clearfield, UT

#3 Jun 25, 2010
The punishment should fit the crime, so they should have a dog, preferably a pit bull, sodomize the offending mother. That will teach her.
JohnDoe

United States

#4 Jun 25, 2010
Sadly, the DAs Office filed the wrong charges. These pictures are not child porn. "Virtual porn" using the head of a child, and the body of a nude adult is not child port according to the United States Supreme Court in the 2002 case of Ashcroft V. The Free Speech Coalition.

The New Hampshire Supreme Court held the same in State v. Zidel, and reserved the conviction a guy who did this same thing - as controlled by Ashcroft.
Mike

United States

#5 Jun 25, 2010
There should be a law against a person who could be that incredible stupid. Before the bandwagon of responses begins, everyone has done something stupid here and there and reflection even makes them go what was I thinking?!?!? This however takes the cake, I do agree though that it is not child porn, however if it did show pornography of a person have sex with an animal, bestiality is still a crime I think except for possible in the south eastern states. 8)
Orly

San Jose, CA

#6 Jun 25, 2010
So first off it's not child porn. John Doe is right on that one. I'm not sure about the sexual exploitation of a minor charges, Utah it might fly since well it's Utah.....
But seriously what reason could a 37yr old woman have to get back at a 13yr old girl? This story seems like it was not well investigated or it is intentionally not representing all the facts so that it gets more attention. I wonder how a 37yr old woman got into the schools bathrooms to put the posters up in the first place.
Well dear Utah hopefully your courts have the common sense to work this out without a plea bargain.... But given the charges listed I can only assume that is the DA's intent since he knows he has no conviction otherwise.
ThankyouMrBeaver s

Warminster, PA

#7 Jun 25, 2010
Actually, the law has been reinterpreted legally since that case.
Altering a picture for personal use is still legal, as long as the sexually explicit part has not been derived from an actual minor.
Dissemintaing (sharing or selling) an altered picture obviously depicting what is supposed to be a minor IS defined as illegal now.
The pedos of the world have one less thing to hide behind, thank goodness.
So yes, she has been charged accurately, too bad they can't charge her with bad parenting and acting like a 12 year old as well. Way to teach your kid confilct resolution lessons in moron-ese.
Jim

Santa Clara, CA

#8 Jun 25, 2010
She needs a firm rogering. That would help release her tensions.
kittyb

Salt Lake City, UT

#9 Jun 25, 2010
What a stupid and unbelievable thing to do to a 13 year old. Its a lap in judgement that she will hopefully pay for for a long time to come. What has she taught her daughter? What on earth would warrent such a thing as this.
My heart goes out to you Dannette, but I can't quite reach you. You must have been angry to the max to do this. I hope the next person to do something like this will think twice before committing such a horrible crime.
You will have a lot of time in jail to think about what you did and I hope you realize the extent of what you did and how it may have affected the girls at that sschool who saw something like that.
I pray that those pictures never make it to the internet. Any one who tries had better not do it.
I am willing to bet there will be a deal with the Attorney General,but she deserves some time in prison.
I feel for the familes who now have to go and testify in court. This should be prevented. She will probably plead guilty for a lessor crime to keep the kids out of the court room.
Kittyb
Orly

San Jose, CA

#10 Jun 25, 2010
ThankyouMrBeavers wrote:
Actually, the law has been reinterpreted legally since that case.
Altering a picture for personal use is still legal, as long as the sexually explicit part has not been derived from an actual minor.
Dissemintaing (sharing or selling) an altered picture obviously depicting what is supposed to be a minor IS defined as illegal now.
The pedos of the world have one less thing to hide behind, thank goodness.
So yes, she has been charged accurately, too bad they can't charge her with bad parenting and acting like a 12 year old as well. Way to teach your kid confilct resolution lessons in moron-ese.
Precedent please?
Orly

San Jose, CA

#11 Jun 25, 2010
kittyb wrote:
What a stupid and unbelievable thing to do to a 13 year old. Its a lap in judgement that she will hopefully pay for for a long time to come. What has she taught her daughter? What on earth would warrent such a thing as this.
My heart goes out to you Dannette, but I can't quite reach you. You must have been angry to the max to do this. I hope the next person to do something like this will think twice before committing such a horrible crime.
You will have a lot of time in jail to think about what you did and I hope you realize the extent of what you did and how it may have affected the girls at that sschool who saw something like that.
I pray that those pictures never make it to the internet. Any one who tries had better not do it.
I am willing to bet there will be a deal with the Attorney General,but she deserves some time in prison.
I feel for the familes who now have to go and testify in court. This should be prevented. She will probably plead guilty for a lessor crime to keep the kids out of the court room.
Kittyb
Well why do you assume she has a daughter? The assumption just shows that your local news organization lacks the ability to impartially report news.
Who said she actually posted the pictures in the school bathroom?
I still fail to see any crime in all of this (of course I don't live in Utah since I think the vast majority of the residents in that state are completely insane and have caused me to doubt my beliefs about democracy)
Families testify in court? I am confused as to why families would have to testify and why anyone would plead guilty to a lesser crime when no crime was committed?
michelle

Midvale, UT

#12 Jun 25, 2010
well something needs to be done to her she needs to grow up maybe sometime in jail would make her think twice befor she acts badly again
Jim

Santa Clara, CA

#13 Jun 25, 2010
Orly wrote:
<quoted text>
Well why do you assume she has a daughter? The assumption just shows that your local news organization lacks the ability to impartially report news.
Who said she actually posted the pictures in the school bathroom?
I still fail to see any crime in all of this (of course I don't live in Utah since I think the vast majority of the residents in that state are completely insane and have caused me to doubt my beliefs about democracy)
Families testify in court? I am confused as to why families would have to testify and why anyone would plead guilty to a lesser crime when no crime was committed?
Haha you're a dick
Democracy is alive and well here. Except in Salt Lake City where they keep electing a closeted bicycle riding homosexual for mayor.
MrsJM

Fayetteville, GA

#14 Jun 25, 2010
Orly wrote:
<quoted text>
Well why do you assume she has a daughter? The assumption just shows that your local news organization lacks the ability to impartially report news.
Who said she actually posted the pictures in the school bathroom?
I still fail to see any crime in all of this (of course I don't live in Utah since I think the vast majority of the residents in that state are completely insane and have caused me to doubt my beliefs about democracy)
Families testify in court? I am confused as to why families would have to testify and why anyone would plead guilty to a lesser crime when no crime was committed?
Why don't you re-read the story? It clearly states that she did it for a wrong-doing against her daugher. It also states that she admitted to putting them up in the bathroom.
ceaandtee

Merrillville, IN

#15 Jun 25, 2010
sometimes i wonder who the adults are and who the kids are when i read these stories. it as if the roles have reversed
Momof5

Syracuse, UT

#17 Jun 25, 2010
I can't believe an adult would do such a petty thing against a child. I'm not sure what it was this girl did to the woman's daughter, but there is no reason this grown woman should act like such a child herself. Appalling!
John Q Cit

Salt Lake City, UT

#18 Jun 25, 2010
JohnDoe wrote:
Sadly, the DAs Office filed the wrong charges. These pictures are not child porn. "Virtual porn" using the head of a child, and the body of a nude adult is not child port according to the United States Supreme Court in the 2002 case of Ashcroft V. The Free Speech Coalition.
The New Hampshire Supreme Court held the same in State v. Zidel, and reserved the conviction a guy who did this same thing - as controlled by Ashcroft.
Actually Mr Doe, there are 18 separate charges filed. I'm sure in will include the fact the adult passed out (solicited) pornographic material not only to children.. but on school grounds.. Oh yes, these charges will stick.. Not even the prosecutor for salt lake can screw this up
John Q Cit

Salt Lake City, UT

#19 Jun 25, 2010
wow White Trash at its finest.
Just me

United States

#20 Jun 25, 2010
What a dumb a$$!!! I hope she gets the max!
Orly

San Jose, CA

#21 Jun 25, 2010
MrsJM wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you re-read the story? It clearly states that she did it for a wrong-doing against her daugher. It also states that she admitted to putting them up in the bathroom.
Only after I mentioned the fact and fox news updated the story....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Salt Lake County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Murray man shoots, assaults man while d... Jun 12 c u ontheotherside 1
Ugly Valley Music Thread (Aug '16) Feb '17 Musikologist 3
News USC linebacker Osa Masina charged with first-de... (Sep '16) Sep '16 Ruined life 1
News Waldorf Schools in Utah?? Where are they? (Oct '11) Mar '16 Ivy Prep Academy 4
Moving to Salt Lake area and need advice (Nov '15) Nov '15 Christi09er 1
News Troopers drive 87-year-old across Utah to see son (Dec '14) Dec '14 DILF 8
News Race for Salt Lake County district attorney cou... (Oct '14) Oct '14 BuckWoody 2
More from around the web