Paula

East Moline, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 29, 2011

Saline County residents, please learn about the hazards that "Next Energy LLC" is bringing to your community. This company is soliciting leases from owners that live over gas land. As a result of this drilling your water becomes toxic. Over 596 chemicals used, most neurotoxins and cancer causing. Companies are denying this but it's not true. Please don't allow this. Watch the documentary "Gasland" and see what other communities are suffering.-Concerned Citizen
Sally

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

I am one of the mineral rights owners who does not live in Illinois and has been approached by Next Energy to lease. I do not want to lease until these companies release the names of chemicals and more study has been done on the toxic effects and danger to well water, as recommended by the Center for Disease Control and more proof is given that the casing used is foolproof. Perhaps the local residents do not understand the impact this will have on their lives. Not just the water poisoning, but the trucks, the roads, the threat to themselves domestic animals and wildlife.
Water is a primary need, energy comes after that. They don't care. They don't live there and will have pure water from elsewhere. They want the money and will just take it to the Caymans and Switzerland, like Romney.
I understand there is a hearing coming up on Wednesday, 2/1/12, in Saline County, where Next will ask for control of another 53,000 acres they have not been able to lease. They have 60,000. Please send any response to heyjude16@cox.net.
Sally

Scottsdale, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2012

correction to last posting: email address to use heyjudesadre@cox.net

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 3 of3
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Saline County Discussions

Search the Saline County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Caretaker for elderly Harrisburg, Ill., woman c... (Sep '13) Feb '14 Ren 3
Ex Sheriff's Deputy Hit With More Charges (Apr '11) Feb '12 Marc 4
Two Arrested for Possession of Anhydrous Ammonia (Feb '10) Mar '11 clarida 2
Harrisburg schools chief accused of sex assault (Jul '10) Aug '10 Harrahs Momma 3
Any one else seen this? (Jul '10) Jul '10 had enuff 1
Woman arrested for making more than 100 calls -... (Jul '10) Jul '10 Mad 1
Lingerie-adorned man arrested (Jul '07) Feb '10 qwey 6
•••
•••
•••
•••