Cops Break Up County Cockfighting Ring

Cops Break Up County Cockfighting Ring

There are 28 comments on the News10 Sacramento story from Jul 4, 2007, titled Cops Break Up County Cockfighting Ring. In it, News10 Sacramento reports that:

Seven people were detained for questioning after authorities broke up a cockfighting operation in Sacramento County Wednesday, Sacramento County Sheriff's officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News10 Sacramento.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wow thats a lot of people

Sacramento, CA

#1 Jul 5, 2007
Seventy Fleeing Participants? Wow! They probably needed to catch all of them, do background checks, and probably half have warrants, or are not lawful in some way.. That's a huge crowd to sit around watching animals kill each other. I wonder how many illegal aliens there were, and further, how many of those individuals had long criminal histories? Most illegal immigrants are awesome people, but the bad apples need to be weeded out of the barrel.
and

Sacramento, CA

#2 Jul 5, 2007
The good illegal aliens should be given work permits, so they can keep working and advancing their lives.. wish everyone was that dedicated.
NOT A FAN

United States

#3 Jul 5, 2007
ONLY GOT 7 OUT OF 70 ? THAT IS DISGRACEFUL MORE SHOULD HAVE BEEN CAUGHT UNLESS ONLY 2 SHERIFFS THERE
Bill in Sac

Grass Valley, CA

#4 Jul 5, 2007
Isn't multi-culturalism great? NO!
REEFKEEPER

Sacramento, CA

#5 Jul 5, 2007
Our friends from south of the board bringing their culture with them.
rtards

Sacramento, CA

#6 Jul 5, 2007
these guys need to get a life regardless of who they are.... dude what the heck are you doing up a night and not in bed with your wife and kids... number 1 reason why i would divorce my husband...
DJsHatch

Tomball, TX

#7 Jul 5, 2007
Come on you bleeding heart loonie-leftists my god it is just a few damn chickens,you sure have no problem munching down at KFC you hypoctites.
PmJ

Sacramento, CA

#8 Jul 5, 2007
hypoctites????????
What_The

United States

#9 Jul 5, 2007
and wrote:
The good illegal aliens should be given work permits, so they can keep working and advancing their lives.. wish everyone was that dedicated.
Which of those 70 were the good illegal aliens?
the news

Lincoln, CA

#10 Jul 5, 2007
I'm sure it was 70 people who wanted to earn money the easy way. I do not think cockfighting was apart of my career day when I was in high school. Get a real job and pay your taxes. I could careless if your illegal or legal, abide by the laws and do some right for your country.
Millie

Auburn, CA

#11 Jul 5, 2007
I find it sad that anybody could train and encourage animals of any kind to kill each other. These are humans training animals to behave like humans.
The horror these cocks and hens go through makes me shutter. The legal penalities are not harsh enough.
Mouser

Sacramento, CA

#12 Jul 5, 2007
DJsHatch wrote:
Come on you bleeding heart loonie-leftists my god it is just a few damn chickens,you sure have no problem munching down at KFC you hypoctites.
FYI - This article had nothing whatever to do with the acquisition of food.
It is beyond my comprehension how any one can actually enjoy watching "fur" or "feathers" kill and mutilate each other. Where is the fun in seeing another creature's destruction and pain?
Boxing_Fan

United States

#13 Jul 5, 2007
Mouser wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI - This article had nothing whatever to do with the acquisition of food.
It is beyond my comprehension how any one can actually enjoy watching "fur" or "feathers" kill and mutilate each other. Where is the fun in seeing another creature's destruction and pain?
Yea, how can watching two creatures pound each other be fun?
DudeWheresMyChic kens

Cinebar, WA

#14 Jul 5, 2007
70 huh? I didn't know the cops can count that high. And they can only catch 7 out of 70. Are these cops that out of shape? They better quit drinking all them Starbucks lattes and choking down those sprinkled donuts or bearclaws. Go on a diet please so you can catch more criminals than naps. See you all at the next chicken derby!!
the news

Lincoln, CA

#15 Jul 5, 2007
DudeWheresMyChickens wrote:
70 huh? I didn't know the cops can count that high. And they can only catch 7 out of 70. Are these cops that out of shape? They better quit drinking all them Starbucks lattes and choking down those sprinkled donuts or bearclaws. Go on a diet please so you can catch more criminals than naps. See you all at the next chicken derby!!
boyyy those lattes are sure good hahahaha
What_the

United States

#16 Jul 5, 2007
Boxing_Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, how can watching two creatures pound each other be fun?
Too funny!
Funny stuff

Oakland, CA

#17 Jul 5, 2007
Either Boxing_Fan is a funny person or a really stupid person..hm..it'd suck if it was the latter..but anyways...i heard that it gets crazy at these cock rings..they even sell food there...and theres an entrance fee..? dang...sounds like fun..a great idea for a hot date..huh..dont you think...? I got 200 on the red one...
Enlighten Me

Sacramento, CA

#18 Jul 5, 2007
Welcome to Cali-exico everyone!
Enlighten Me

Sacramento, CA

#19 Jul 5, 2007
REEFKEEPER wrote:
Our friends from south of the board bringing their culture with them.
NOT my friends...!!
Michelle

Nevada City, CA

#20 Jul 5, 2007
How can people be so cruel. Pain is pain, and those poor animals suffered. I hope they press charges!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sacramento County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2 men wanted in armed robbery of Orangevale store Apr 6 Battle Tested 1
News Calif. prison psychologist accused of faking rape (Dec '11) Feb '17 just saying 34
News Trump offers $5 million if Obama releases records (Oct '12) Jan '17 Phart Like This 69
News Judicial Performance Commission fries Judge Pet... (Jul '12) Jan '17 Simmi 5
News Welfare benefits in danger? (Feb '09) Dec '16 David f Miller 152
News State orders audit of Marin family court (Jul '09) Dec '16 DrTonyBlair 871
News Voters weigh in on Clinton's visit to Sacrament... (Jun '16) Jun '16 Trump News Service 11
More from around the web