KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation

Jan 5, 2013 Full story: Columbia Magazine 270

KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation By Larry Smith, FM 92.7, the WAVE Russell County Deputy Sheriff Nick Bertram was arrested on Friday evening, by Kentucky State Trooper Martin Wesley of KSP Post 15, Columbia, KY, and charged with 3rd Degree Burglary, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Tampering ... (more)

Full Story
personaly

Russell Springs, KY

#341 Jan 13, 2013
Deputy2012 wrote:
How many of you came to James Bunch's defense during his scandal? Nick is charged with a worse offense than James' offense.
Bunch was guilty,that the difference.
Truth

Russell Springs, KY

#345 Jan 13, 2013
He was set up because of the election and because state police and Wesley were jealous of the publicity Nick got and because he was better at his job. Nick doesn't do drugs and was in partners on the equipment. The truth will come out!
haha

Bardstown, KY

#346 Jan 13, 2013
How do you know James Bunch was guilty? It's funny how Nick is becoming saint Nick. I'm sure that many people were involved so he wouldn't run for sheriff. He wouldn't have won for sheriff if this hadn't happened. He doesn't have enough experience
omg

United States

#347 Jan 14, 2013
State trooper jealous of a county deputy...I would laugh but I think you are serious so instead just let me call you an idiot.
LOL

Russell Springs, KY

#351 Jan 15, 2013
omg wrote:
State trooper jealous of a county deputy...I would laugh but I think you are serious so instead just let me call you an idiot.
now that's funny
LOL

Russell Springs, KY

#352 Jan 15, 2013
concerned wrote:
Nick never had a chance of winning the sheriffs election. I dont think Clete does either.Martin Wesley is a good person,he will do his job.It doesnt matter who it is.
Agree
sheriff 5150

Bellevue, WA

#354 Jan 15, 2013
well first of all Nick hadnt even thought about runnin for sheriff and the way i see it if i was him i would now for sure and yes i think he was set up the reason why i think that is because he was cutin into the revnue of some of his co workers he was cleanin up the county actully doing hisjob unlike others that drive around and dont do jack sh*t and wait on a bundle of money to get there cut and you know who u r time will perval and it will actually let everyone know who really is the bad guy WE LOVE YOU NICK HANG IN THERE
Anonymous

Somerset, KY

#356 Jan 15, 2013
sheriff 5150 wrote:
well first of all Nick hadnt even thought about runnin for sheriff and the way i see it if i was him i would now for sure and yes i think he was set up the reason why i think that is because he was cutin into the revnue of some of his co workers he was cleanin up the county actully doing hisjob unlike others that drive around and dont do jack sh*t and wait on a bundle of money to get there cut and you know who u r time will perval and it will actually let everyone know who really is the bad guy WE LOVE YOU NICK HANG IN THERE
Only truth is..NICK is not like the other boyz..only Man who would not do dirty bird work and planting. I see Nick as a CHARLES MANN. Kind. Not wanting to stirr or((! make up trouble.!)) GOOD_ MAN NICK. I know people were PUSHIN FOR NICK TO RUN..PEOPLE WILL STILL VOTE HIM IN, IF NICK WOULD ONLY TAKE THE JOB. Some tried to fault a good person. Behind screens..i would spit in their face and SAY YOU FULL OF IT! IT WAS ANOTHER ORDERED PLANT BY THOSE WHO LIKE CONTROLLIN SHAREIFs of past..HUMDA HUMDA HUMMMER...Let the games begin..ya on a loosin end
lmao

Russell Springs, KY

#373 Feb 2, 2013
We will just have to wait an see.
BIG DAY

Russell Springs, KY

#374 Feb 2, 2013
Put on your TEAM NICK apparel and be at the court house monday at 9:00am to watch his case get dismissed! Go Nick!
Someone

Columbia, KY

#375 Feb 4, 2013
So why didn't they just give nick drug test that would have revealed a lot there what a bunch of da's they should have thought before they did all this they made themselves look like idiots. People are piecing it all together!!#teamnick!!
JUSTICE

Russell Springs, KY

#376 Feb 4, 2013
The case will be thrown out as it should be!
curious

Russell Springs, KY

#380 Feb 5, 2013
BIG DAY wrote:
Put on your TEAM NICK apparel and be at the court house monday at 9:00am to watch his case get dismissed! Go Nick!
it didn't happen yesterday so who is his attorney?
jayjay

United States

#381 Feb 5, 2013
hahaha....i say it's about time the cops had to uphold the law just like the rest of the people in town. It's not right for him to go around arresting people for doing the same things he does. And to be using stolen property in his own home, what a great cop he must be! I don't live in RC anymore, but know all about that small, small town. Justice has FINALLY been served!
sure

Russell Springs, KY

#383 Feb 7, 2013
yea right
what

Russell Springs, KY

#385 Feb 7, 2013
BIG DAY wrote:
Team Nick apparel, ha ha I saw some featured in this weeks newspaper courtroom pic. Are those T's a licensed product now?
NtheNO

Russell Springs, KY

#386 Feb 7, 2013
Nick really has some heavy hitters backing him. This nonsense will be over soon and he will be back out busting some of you jealous scumbags on here that doubted him! BERTRAM FOR SHERIFF 2014.
Axle

Russell Springs, KY

#387 Feb 7, 2013
He had my vote, He may own the state of Kentucky when this is all over. I think this back fired on some people. Dont you.
haha

Jamestown, KY

#389 Feb 8, 2013
uh...NO
District ass

Somerset, KY

#394 Feb 11, 2013
get his evidence back in room...did he have state take and destroy it. Other wise..those state fellas may never win another speeding ticket.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
In jail again (Oct '13) 10 hr ron 10
dose anyone know anything about what happened t... 10 hr ron 1
Best job in Russell county! Feb 22 Big G 2
nancy Jo Wisdom (Oct '10) Feb 8 -yallarewrong- 6
dirty renee dix (Nov '09) Feb 4 dannyboy 6
Places to rent Jan '15 4891wtm 2
Russell County Music Thread (Mar '14) Dec '14 Musikologist 3
More from around the web