KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy af...

KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation

There are 270 comments on the Columbia Magazine story from Jan 5, 2013, titled KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation. In it, Columbia Magazine reports that:

KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation By Larry Smith, FM 92.7, the WAVE Russell County Deputy Sheriff Nick Bertram was arrested on Friday evening, by Kentucky State Trooper Martin Wesley of KSP Post 15, Columbia, KY, and charged with 3rd Degree Burglary, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Tampering ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbia Magazine.

Conman

Columbia, KY

#68 Jan 6, 2013
It's a set up, why would he leave a meth lab that was in the sheriff depts evidence at the scene where he committed a robbery. This guy didn't do it. The truth will hopefully come out. Isn't it odd that after only 1 week of the new sheriff this happened?
thinker

Russell Springs, KY

#69 Jan 6, 2013
He is a cop and he sold his stuff to a friend that happens to own a pawn shop and also wants to be sheriff so bad he can taste it,I have passed by his pawn shop down on main st late at night before and seen a couple ksp cars sheriff cars about 5 or 6 total in the pawn shop having fellowship,to many holes in this and considering the names involved it reeks of a set up and some one needs to go above the KSP to get to the bottom of this.
Billy Bob Jim

Elizabethtown, KY

#73 Jan 6, 2013
thinker wrote:
He is a cop and he sold his stuff to a friend that happens to own a pawn shop and also wants to be sheriff so bad he can taste it,I have passed by his pawn shop down on main st late at night before and seen a couple ksp cars sheriff cars about 5 or 6 total in the pawn shop having fellowship,to many holes in this and considering the names involved it reeks of a set up and some one needs to go above the KSP to get to the bottom of this.
There ain't no one above KSP.
Realist

Elizabethtown, KY

#75 Jan 6, 2013
lbowli wrote:
YES WE SUPPORT NICK....we love you nick and keep your chin up i know its hard but you can make it... there was no meth lab in the news ans to i use to work with the news source and they can be wrong...Nick was the man who busted and cared for R C ...I REALLY THINK THIS WAS A SET UP..
This was an "update" on Laker Country:

"According to the State Police release that search yielded items related to the burglary reported at Fields Welding as well as “multiple meth lab overpacks” which were also believed to be evidence from previous cases investigated by Deputy Bertram. Also located were a one-step meth lab and a large amount of drug paraphernalia."

Cared for it by carving out his own niche in RCs meth market? Hmmmm.
chainsaw

Jamestown, KY

#83 Jan 6, 2013
Well. is there anyone else left in Russell Co. that isn't running for Sheriff. I think the whole county wants to run?
Question

Russell Springs, KY

#91 Jan 6, 2013
With all of the meth stuff found-why no meth related charges?
Realist

Elizabethtown, KY

#92 Jan 6, 2013
And what is a 'hazardous waste overpack' anyway? I checked online and all I could find is that it's like a metal drum for hauling toxic waste.

"....during their initial investigation KSP officers disovered what appeared to be a “hazardous waste overpack” that was suspected to be evidence from a previous Russell County Sheriff’s Department case."
I could be wrong

Russell Springs, KY

#99 Jan 6, 2013
Realist wrote:
And what is a 'hazardous waste overpack' anyway? I checked online and all I could find is that it's like a metal drum for hauling toxic waste.
"....during their initial investigation KSP officers disovered what appeared to be a “hazardous waste overpack” that was suspected to be evidence from a previous Russell County Sheriff’s Department case."
I am not 100 percent sure, but I believe it holds evidence after a meth lab has been neutralized. Like the bottles etc. that they have confiscated during a meth bust.
Realist

Elizabethtown, KY

#106 Jan 6, 2013
I could be wrong wrote:
<quoted text> I am not 100 percent sure, but I believe it holds evidence after a meth lab has been neutralized. Like the bottles etc. that they have confiscated during a meth bust.
Thanks. Really wasn't sure what that was.
confused

Russell Springs, KY

#113 Jan 6, 2013
Question wrote:
With all of the meth stuff found-why no meth related charges?
Re-elected prosecutor Leveridge will have to answer for that.
saving grace

Russell Springs, KY

#114 Jan 6, 2013
Billy Bob Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
There ain't no one above KSP.
FBI and Assistant US Attorneys office in Bowling Green.
wrong

Elizabethtown, KY

#117 Jan 6, 2013
saving grace wrote:
<quoted text> FBI and Assistant US Attorneys office in Bowling Green.
Then why is our county still being run by crooks and leeches and opportunists after all these decades?
wondering

United States

#121 Jan 6, 2013
Why isn't he chsrged with making meth?
You know

Jamestown, KY

#129 Jan 6, 2013
Russell County is crooked
read

Russell Springs, KY

#130 Jan 6, 2013
Need to go by the KSP reports!
We have studied for 12yrs

Russell Springs, KY

#131 Jan 6, 2013
jocker wrote:
<quoted text>YEA,..?
and who are you going to CALL at 3 AM ,.. when some dumb - crazed meth head is kicking your backdoor in door in ,......
{ i am positive that you wont call the ACLU }
who are you going to call when you run into that big oak tree,.. because you have been out drinking again , in green county ?--
its easy to bad mouth the 'pigs',....
but remember ,...
they are our ONLY line of defense between the kenassholes ,.... the jeff P's and the killers who call themselves the ironhorsemen ,
what about smith and Wesson
We have studied for 12yrs

Russell Springs, KY

#132 Jan 6, 2013
set up wrote:
This is a set up,SET UP SET UP SET UP,A NUT COULD NOTICE THIS,look at how things unfolded and who were involved.WE NEED THE FBI ,NOW.
that what they all say when they get caught
Invalid

Russell Springs, KY

#133 Jan 6, 2013
Sounds like he had the right to the property and search would be no good. KSP may have overreached!
For Sure

United States

#134 Jan 6, 2013
set up wrote:
This is a set up,SET UP SET UP SET UP,A NUT COULD NOTICE THIS,look at how things unfolded and who were involved.WE NEED THE FBI ,NOW.
Nick had been in Florida for 4 days picking up another inmate. comes back and gets arrested. this is a setup if ive ever seen one.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#135 Jan 6, 2013
I tend to lean toward this being a set up as well. Too much makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever.

No criminal OR officer, let alone a SMART officer, would allow themselves to be caught with so much dirt on their hands. It's just not adding up. Some of these charges are frivolous and in my personal opinion, it sounds like a case of pure overkill with some of them just to insure they can nail him.. We are all well aware that they barter with these charges anyway. They drop some yet they'll inflate others.. It's common knowledge and is what they do best in the courtroom setting.

I hope this man can get a fair and decent trial. I'm also hoping that for his sake, outside investigators come in intervene with this case. If he was set up locally, then locally he'll be taken down even if he's innocent.

This stinks to high heavens of a crooked case, from the outside looking in anyway...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
crystal irvin (Feb '14) Jul 26 bish 7
women that sleep with married men Jul 17 ricky antle 6
danny hill (May '10) Jul 17 ricky antle 8
debbie mann Jul 15 ricky antle 3
Drugs in Russell county jail.. Jun '15 family 1
chris Gregory Jun '15 mom 4
Dirty cops Jun '15 BottleJaw 2
More from around the web