KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy af...

KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation

There are 270 comments on the Columbia Magazine story from Jan 5, 2013, titled KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation. In it, Columbia Magazine reports that:

KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation By Larry Smith, FM 92.7, the WAVE Russell County Deputy Sheriff Nick Bertram was arrested on Friday evening, by Kentucky State Trooper Martin Wesley of KSP Post 15, Columbia, KY, and charged with 3rd Degree Burglary, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Tampering ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbia Magazine.

Drill Here

Russell Springs, KY

#500 Feb 27, 2013
The way I see it there were/are 2 possibilities here:

The way Law enforcement hangs tight -
A. Nick did it all.
B. Nick was set up.

KSP Officer wouldn't cross that line unless it was really bad and great evidence
OR
It was a set-up all along!

I would think, that if were bad enough w/ good enough evidence, he would have been indicted.
Didn't happen - leads me to believe
Set-up.

Might want to check the connections of this officer to any that want to run for RC Sheriff.
truth is

Elizabethtown, KY

#501 Feb 27, 2013
Drill Here wrote:
The way I see it there were/are 2 possibilities here:

The way Law enforcement hangs tight -
A. Nick did it all.
B. Nick was set up.

KSP Officer wouldn't cross that line unless it was really bad and great evidence
OR
It was a set-up all along!

I would think, that if were bad enough w/ good enough evidence, he would have been indicted.
Didn't happen - leads me to believe
Set-up.

Might want to check the connections of this officer to any that want to run for RC Sheriff.
Normally those candidates for sheriff have police experience. They are all connected. I would choose KSP over the others any time I need a cop. I think the dirty political machine turned in for this one. I don't see why. He's not that nice I'd a guy.
Drill Here

Russell Springs, KY

#502 Feb 27, 2013
Truth Is - While, I disagree w/ what you said - I did NOT put those "Judge It!" signs on you.

The bond between officers, even of different agencies is so strong - I think those are the two possibilities.

Made Up/Set Up or overwhelming evidence and BAD doings.

I think only one of those scenarios ends w/ no indictment.
truth is

Elizabethtown, KY

#505 Feb 27, 2013
Drill Here wrote:
Truth Is - While, I disagree w/ what you said - I did NOT put those "Judge It!" signs on you.

The bond between officers, even of different agencies is so strong - I think those are the two possibilities.

Made Up/Set Up or overwhelming evidence and BAD doings.

I think only one of those scenarios ends w/ no indictment.
It's over for now. God knows the truth about all of the things. So I'm finished with worrying about the mess.
Drill Here

Russell Springs, KY

#507 Feb 28, 2013
"truth is"

I agree with you to the most extent.
BUT.... It leaves the world wondering.
If it was a set-up - I hope the proof of that comes out.
It was criminal to do and has tarnished a good man for life.

If he did it - well, that needs to come out and be payed for.

Again - to Whomever -- What is with the negative 'judge it'. Are people so thin skinned, they can't stand another opinion even when that says he is ready to let it go??
Brenda

Louisville, KY

#508 Feb 28, 2013
sixties wrote:
haha i knew that there was something off about some of the cops
Evidently you don't know too damn much, do you!
Brenda

Louisville, KY

#509 Feb 28, 2013
Tea Party Man wrote:
<quoted text>More details please.
Mr. TeaPartyMan, it looks like the FBI might be investigating the Ky. State Police troopers! Justice will prevail against the CROOKS.
Tea Party Man

Nicholasville, KY

#510 Feb 28, 2013
Brenda wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. TeaPartyMan, it looks like the FBI might be investigating the Ky. State Police troopers! Justice will prevail against the CROOKS.
I think that would be good thing.
Drill Here

Russell Springs, KY

#511 Feb 28, 2013
Where is this idea that the FBI is investigating anything coming from? Have not heard that anywhere.
Audieleon

Bedford, IN

#513 Feb 28, 2013
Billy Bob Jim wrote:
<quoted text>
There ain't no one above KSP.
Obamma!!!!!!!!!!
Kay

Louisville, KY

#516 Feb 28, 2013
thinker wrote:
He is a cop and he sold his stuff to a friend that happens to own a pawn shop and also wants to be sheriff so bad he can taste it,I have passed by his pawn shop down on main st late at night before and seen a couple ksp cars sheriff cars about 5 or 6 total in the pawn shop having fellowship,to many holes in this and considering the names involved it reeks of a set up and some one needs to go above the KSP to get to the bottom of this.
Well said, thinker! Sounds very seriously like those KSP "so called" boys should be investigated to the highest. The truth will come out! KARMA will rear its head on the one(s) who did this.
Kay

Louisville, KY

#518 Feb 28, 2013
Audieleon wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamma!!!!!!!!!!
You wanna bet!!!
Thinking

Versailles, KY

#519 Feb 28, 2013
What does "WITHOUT PREJUDICE" mean?
Tea Party Man

Lexington, KY

#520 Feb 28, 2013
Thinking wrote:
What does "WITHOUT PREJUDICE" mean?
It means that the issue may be revisited at a later time. With Prejudice means that the case is over and done with forever and cannot be pursued further.
Thinking

Versailles, KY

#521 Feb 28, 2013
Thank you, so why is everyone saying it is over, you watch someone 24/7 you are going to find them doing something wrong..........or back track time, get logs of whatever you can log, who knows what could pop up..........I am not pro or con on this situation, thankyou Mr Tea Party Man for answering my question..........
Drill again

Cave City, KY

#522 Mar 19, 2013
Take two. I suspect the next new grand jury may get to hear the team nick case again. Ksp knows a bad egg when they smell it. Won't b deterred by a gob cover job.
Hmmmmm

Mount Dora, FL

#523 Mar 19, 2013
Sounds like a threat to me. Maybe somebody needs to reconsider that malicious prosecution and get some injunctive relief against some people.
hmmmmmmmmm

Lexington, KY

#524 Mar 31, 2013
it was a inside job
Amy

Munfordville, KY

#534 Apr 27, 2013
Looks like someone hopes it just all goes away without any more mention.
Drill there

Munfordville, KY

#535 Apr 29, 2013
Amy wrote:
Looks like someone hopes it just all goes away without any more mention.
Don't notice any less attention, I think all are waiting for round two.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Russell County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drugs in Russell county jail.. Jun 21 family 1
crystal irvin (Feb '14) Jun 17 Just saying 5
chris Gregory Jun 11 mom 4
Dirty cops Jun 6 BottleJaw 2
jody mcqueary dale minton rats May '15 road 1
School teachers v/s young girls May '15 Truthtoparents 1
Anyone want to haul metal junk and other stuff ... May '15 tabi 3
More from around the web