KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation

Jan 5, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Columbia Magazine

KSP arrests Russell Co., KY Deputy after burglary investigation By Larry Smith, FM 92.7, the WAVE Russell County Deputy Sheriff Nick Bertram was arrested on Friday evening, by Kentucky State Trooper Martin Wesley of KSP Post 15, Columbia, KY, and charged with 3rd Degree Burglary, Possession of Marijuana, Possession of Drug Paraphernalia, Tampering ... (more)

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of270
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Native

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

This goes to show you what kin of cops we have here and thats why i dont sow them any respect
bighoss

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

its nearly impossible to tell a ' bad egg ' when they hire somebody,...
despite a barrage of psychological tests ,
good people can be flawed ,..or flip,...when stressed out

face it and they are not the highest paid people in the land ,..some times one will go rouge --

the mob has traditionally used cops as hit men ,....as nobody suspects them ,...
and they know how to get away with it ,..--
Realist

Campbellsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

intheknow wrote:
<quoted text>...and that is just about the best explanation I have ever read of our public servants.
...hence my name. And thanks.
j bird

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

I believe this incident will blow his chance moving up to the Secret Service investigating counterfeit money!
curious

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Did he post bond? He is not listed on jailtracker as an inmate
thinking

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Wonder if someone else thats going to be running for sheriff set him up?
thinking

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

This whole thing smells of a set up.We know who .
thinking

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Things do not add up.
dimbulb

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

he didnt do it
Sad Day

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

People dont realize the hiring process today just to get into Police work. You must pass psychical agility tests. They have to pass a almost 5 hour Psych test full of questions. Then take a polygraph. There is a few more questions they have to take. But, these tests are administered up at the Police Academy in Richmond. The agency he is applying for is in charge of doing the background check and application process. Most Police agencies that want to remain professional will do a through application check. But, there are small town agencies who dont have the money or time to take an officer of the agency away from the street to do a very in depth check on them. They pass the tests in Richmond. They hire them based on local politics.. Who knows who..

With Law Enforcement Officers. The pay of local law enforcement officers in area like this is around $10.00 and hour if they are lucky. The high Sheriff makes the money after a good 8 year in office. This is no excuse for a LE Officer to have put themselves in a situation like this to be arrested and accused. But, they are humans also. That again is no excuse either. But, you cant expect a person who is suppose to uphold the law to break the law.

Look at politicians.. they are the biggest crooks in this Country. But, that seems to be excused by many now days.
Udimbulb

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

what ONLY $10.00 an hour ?

you can make more at dickies BAR B Q

and no body will even try to shoot you !
sixties

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

haha i knew that there was something off about some of the cops
wow

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

He must have fell out of favor with the good ole boys club. They're all crooked. The ones that get caught are usually the ones that stepped on some higher ups toes.
john

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Native wrote:
This goes to show you what kin of cops we have here and thats why i dont sow them any respect
Tell the real reason,low life.
RCforLife

Jamestown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

What none of you understand is how nice of a guy Nick really is. When you turn on the local news, who's name do you always hear for busting the local crimes? Nick. & everyone know's it. It was all a set up from his jealous partner who couldn't make enough & had to up & move to another state. Don't be quick to judge, as a community, we all need to come together & stand behind a good man. If you don't have anything nice to say about this situation, keep it to yourself. Negativity is not our problem solver. We love you Nick! Keep your head up!
Dirty Laundry

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

Some one is sure on top of this thread, Over half the post have been removed, No surprise! So whens his day in court? Dirty Laundry! Wouldnt want him to know anything on me, Good ole boy system might take a hit on this........
culprit

Russell Springs, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 5, 2013

Judged:

This whole thing smells
bubba

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

The community should stand behind this good man that was doing the same thing he arrested others for. It don't matter what oath he took when he signed on to be a deputy,gawdurnit he rubbed him so elbows with tha rights people and he got the right last name so we should over look anything illegal he did. If we can overlook the bootleggin and cheatin preachers we can overlook this. We should only get on topix and trash people if they aint part of the crowd or dont go to church dagblastit
lbowli

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

Well all i have to say is this...Nick seamed to be a very nice person that loved to do his job...Me myself YES i think it was a set up....I think it has to do with the sherriff's race in two...
lbowli

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2013

Judged:

YES WE SUPPORT NICK....we love you nick and keep your chin up i know its hard but you can make it... there was no meth lab in the news ans to i use to work with the news source and they can be wrong...Nick was the man who busted and cared for R C ...I REALLY THINK THIS WAS A SET UP..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of270
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Russell County Discussions

Search the Russell County Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
crystal irvin 2 hr happy 4
In jail again (Oct '13) Thu gina 7
rat Jul 6 con 4
Mandi Cain Jun 30 been thereLisa 2
Jerry Dewayne Hadley, 34, Russell Co., KY Jun 27 alf 1
Trooper. Bryan Shepard Jun 21 Jax 2
Chantal and B Jun '14 Anonymous 1
•••
•••