Rusk County Shooting Suspect Now Faci...

Rusk County Shooting Suspect Now Facing Drug Charges

There are 48 comments on the Tyler Morning Telegraph story from Jul 17, 2008, titled Rusk County Shooting Suspect Now Facing Drug Charges. In it, Tyler Morning Telegraph reports that:

By KENNETH DEAN Staff Writer HENDERSON - The man who told authorities he killed an 18-year-old Price man for breaking into his home last week has been charged with possession of chemicals needed to manufacture ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Tyler Morning Telegraph.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Know the Laws

United States

#1 Jul 17, 2008
Thanks to Kenneth Dean we can read the TRUTH.
verbal assassin

Henderson, TX

#2 Jul 17, 2008
very accurate reporting. thanks.
Can finally Breath

Fort Worth, TX

#3 Jul 17, 2008
I am just thankfully this guy is finally off the street.
I can breather easier knowing he can't hurt my kids anymore.
Too funny

Henderson, TX

#4 Jul 17, 2008
Rusk County Shooting Suspect Now Facing Drug Charges
By KENNETH DEAN
Staff Writer

HENDERSON — The man who told authorities he killed an 18-year-old Price man for breaking into his home last week has been charged with possession of chemicals needed to manufacture meth.

Brence Wayne Darragh was told of the new second-degree felony charge against him while sitting in the Rusk County Jail where he is being held on murder charges in the death of Michael Knight, of Price.

Rusk County Sheriff’s Investigator Jack Tully said Darragh was charged Tuesday and his girlfriend, Hannah Alyse LePelley, 19, of Henderson, was arrested at a drug/alcohol rehabilitation center in Shreveport, La., Wednesday morning.

Shreveport police confirmed they have the woman in their city jail and said she would be extradited to East Texas in the next couple of days.

Ms. LePelley’s brother, Jack Edward “Trey” LePelly, was shot and killed in 2006 when he went to former Army Ranger Michael Alan Loun’s home in Henderson. Loun was found guilty during a third trial and was sentenced to 10 years in prison.

Tully said there was evidence of a meth lab at Darragh’s home on County Road 488D when deputies responded to an “intruder being shot” call.

“It was basically a meth lab that had been torn down, but all of the stuff was there on site to make more meth,” he said.“We would have charged them then, but we had to evaluate the lab and the chemicals and make sure it really was what we thought it was.”

Rusk County Sheriff’s Chief Deputy Darryl Norris said Darragh called 911 last week and reported there was an intruder in his home, about one mile west of Price.

“Originally the call came in as a break-in but we’re thinking that story just doesn’t fly,” he said at the scene.

Resting against the wall of the home on the front porch was a 30.30 rifle believed to be the weapon used in the shooting.

A knife was found in the home, but Norris said it was on a table and not near the deceased man.

One investigator on the scene said Knight was found in a chair with a bullet wound to the chest and another to his neck.

Tully said the Castle Law, which allows homeowners to use deadly force to protect themselves and their property, did not apply in the case because Darragh was not in danger.

“If he sits down and props his feet up and says he isn’t leaving, then you have other things you can do instead of kill him. If you feel your life is threatened then you have the right to protect yourself, but (Knight) went there to get some more dope,” he said.“Darragh may not have known why Knight showed up, but LePelley did.”

This is from the Tyler Morning Telegraph
Too funny

Henderson, TX

#5 Jul 17, 2008
Just thought you all might find this interesting I did. I think there is a lot more to this than meets the eye.
ffs

Henderson, TX

#6 Jul 17, 2008
its a shame that the tyler paper had to report this.. not the HDN.. it just illustrates the lack of credibility of the only news source in henderson
Know the Laws

United States

#7 Jul 17, 2008
Can finally Breath wrote:
I am just thankfully this guy is finally off the street.
I can breather easier knowing he can't hurt my kids anymore.
This GUY is a small part of the crime. Watch the evening news or read Kenneth Dean in Tyler Paper. They tell the truth.This story started with a beating with a car tool and running over the victim with a truck. This has been a group that our law enforcement has turned the head on. WHY....The law enforcement committed perjury on the witness stand and the DA allowed it to happen.
curious

Henderson, TX

#8 Jul 17, 2008
I thought the HDN reported that there were no chemicals found, therefore no drug charges. Fishy to me. Either they are there, or they are not. Not surprised that they were there, just why did JT say they weren't originally.
lil breezy

Henderson, TX

#9 Jul 17, 2008
makes you wonder

Since: Jul 08

Henderson, TX

#10 Jul 17, 2008
Not me, here we go again.
verbal assassin

Henderson, TX

#11 Jul 17, 2008
they said they had to test the meth lab to make sure it was what it was before bringing charges. they finally put Hannah's name in the paper this time around too. i dont know why they were protecting her identity at first. she is of age. funny how things turn out though. karma is a bitch. that name doesnt carry quite the weight it used to.

Since: Jul 08

Henderson, TX

#12 Jul 17, 2008
drugs have ruined many a familirs. It's a shame.
myspace

Dallas, TX

#13 Jul 17, 2008
Wednesday, August 22, 2007


MURDERER WALKING FREE IN RUSK COUNTY!!!!
Current mood: pissed off
Category: Life

As you know my brother Trey Lepelley was murdered on March 13, 2005 by Michael Alen Loun. a few years after the murder we had our first trial. Might i add that Loun spent a total of 3days in jail. The trial soon ended in a mistrial. We resently had our second trial to try and end this madness of a murderer walking free. During this trial Michael Loun was found GUILTY of 1st degree murder. after being found guilty we would have to wait till the next day to hear his sentence. The next day around 1:30pm the jury began delibration. At 10:30 that night the jury sent out a note sayin that they were delocked and could not send out a sentence. ending in a mistrial... again.
So what now? we wait till the THIRD trial and let a MURDERER walk the streets. he could be behind you at walmart.. at mcdonalds with your children. or at the red light beside you. BEWARE.. there is a murderer walking around in RUSK COUNTY

ironic
it happened again

Dallas, TX

#14 Jul 18, 2008
Know the Laws wrote:
<quoted text>This GUY is a small part of the crime. Watch the evening news or read Kenneth Dean in Tyler Paper. They tell the truth.This story started with a beating with a car tool and running over the victim with a truck. This has been a group that our law enforcement has turned the head on. WHY....The law enforcement committed perjury on the witness stand and the DA allowed it to happen.
i'm behind here and must be ignorant. who and what committed perjury?
verbal assassin

Henderson, TX

#15 Jul 18, 2008
ha! was that on hannah's myspace? ironic indeed.
ROSEVILLE

Henderson, TX

#16 Jul 18, 2008
Can finally Breath wrote:
I am just thankfully this guy is finally off the street.
I can breather easier knowing he can't hurt my kids anymore.
I wouldn't let down my guard, he is definitely not the only drug user or manufacturer(?) in the big town of PRICE!!!! According to my sources, you can drive down any cr (in Carlisle), any time of the DAY and see a drug deal going down!!! Besides whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty!!
Know the Laws

United States

#17 Jul 18, 2008
ROSEVILLE wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't let down my guard, he is definitely not the only drug user or manufacturer(?) in the big town of PRICE!!!! According to my sources, you can drive down any cr (in Carlisle), any time of the DAY and see a drug deal going down!!! Besides whatever happened to innocent until PROVEN guilty!!
Ironic, but the good family just had to bond out their daughter. First bond was $75,000. What will the next charge be?
Know the Laws

United States

#18 Jul 18, 2008
myspace wrote:
Wednesday, August 22, 2007
MURDERER WALKING FREE IN RUSK COUNTY!!!!
Current mood: pissed off
Category: Life
As you know my brother Trey Lepelley was murdered on March 13, 2005 by Michael Alen Loun. a few years after the murder we had our first trial. Might i add that Loun spent a total of 3days in jail. The trial soon ended in a mistrial. We resently had our second trial to try and end this madness of a murderer walking free. During this trial Michael Loun was found GUILTY of 1st degree murder. after being found guilty we would have to wait till the next day to hear his sentence. The next day around 1:30pm the jury began delibration. At 10:30 that night the jury sent out a note sayin that they were delocked and could not send out a sentence. ending in a mistrial... again.
So what now? we wait till the THIRD trial and let a MURDERER walk the streets. he could be behind you at walmart.. at mcdonalds with your children. or at the red light beside you. BEWARE.. there is a murderer walking around in RUSK COUNTY
ironic
Well, sweetheart, your first bond was $75,000. What will the next charge be. Yes, Mike is finishing the job he came here to do.
shocked

Tyler, TX

#19 Jul 18, 2008
where did you read her bond was 75k? I havent seen that...
curious

United States

#20 Jul 18, 2008
WoW..."know the laws" arent u privileged to alot of information before it is ever released!! Makes one wonder where your employed??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rusk County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal immigrants Jun '16 tdhautotrim 1
Rusk County Chief Deputy Arrest Mar '16 Not Corrupt 1
Pick Cruz or Rubio and Hillary Wins Feb '16 Taxpayers Revolt 1
News Milama s Mental State Examined (May '10) Feb '16 Imstunned 3
News Rusk County clerk resigns to keep from issuing ... (Jul '15) Feb '16 Fagslose 20
News Texas Police Tell Girls' Mom Their Lemonade Sta... (Jun '15) Jun '15 Dirk Rockland 1
News Group reaches area inmates through Sunday Schoo... (Jan '15) Jan '15 like 1
More from around the web