Billboards to back county commissione...

Billboards to back county commissioners fight to pray

There are 13 comments on the WCNC-TV Charlotte story from Mar 29, 2013, titled Billboards to back county commissioners fight to pray. In it, WCNC-TV Charlotte reports that:

A Salisbury church is getting ready to show support for the Rowan County Commissioners -- facing a legal battle because they pray before county meetings.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCNC-TV Charlotte.

Dianne

China Grove, NC

#1 Mar 29, 2013
Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Cornerstone Church. WE appreciate YOU so VERY MUCH!!
Becky Jernigan

Delta, OH

#2 Mar 30, 2013
Great move Pastor Godair!

The story of the billboards is more fleshed out here:

http://rowanfreepress.com/2013/03/30/billboar...
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#3 Apr 2, 2013
Unfortunately for you cheerleaders of the Religious Right, these things are not decided by popular local opinion, but by the law.

Nice to see you supporting you local advertisers though, I am sure they appreciate the business.

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Since: Dec 06

Lebanon, PA

#4 Apr 3, 2013
Very nice use of funds! This is exactly what they should be used for! I mean, who cares about the hungry, sick and poor? Praying before a county meeting regarding agendas having nothing to do with religion is MUCH more important than following your religious text!

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Since: Dec 06

Lebanon, PA

#5 Apr 3, 2013
...not to mention the funds that will be spent defending themselves in court in a losing case.
Dianne

China Grove, NC

#6 Apr 3, 2013
llDayo wrote:
Very nice use of funds! This is exactly what they should be used for! I mean, who cares about the hungry, sick and poor? Praying before a county meeting regarding agendas having nothing to do with religion is MUCH more important than following your religious text!
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/04/03/wh...
Dianne

China Grove, NC

#7 Apr 3, 2013
llDayo wrote:
Very nice use of funds! This is exactly what they should be used for! I mean, who cares about the hungry, sick and poor? Praying before a county meeting regarding agendas having nothing to do with religion is MUCH more important than following your religious text!
Why don't you tell that to your leader? Spending millions of OUR dollars to study duck penis'??? Really? During a sequestration, this is needed???
Plus the big concert he is throwing??
Spring break for his daughters??
Will eagerly await your very intelligent response.

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Since: Dec 06

Lebanon, PA

#8 Apr 4, 2013
First of all, Dianne, I didn't vote for Obama.

Second, the previous administration is one of the main reasons why we're in this financial mess to begin with.

Third, do you expect the POTUS to just cancel everything? Conservatives threw a fit when the White House canceled tours to save money but when it hosts an annual event you throw a fit again? Make up your minds instead of looking to find an excuse to bash the President. You're acting like fools. All the civil rights stuff he's been furthering since Bush and you focus on subjects with little to no impact on anything.

Fourth, do your own research before bashing someone. The duck penis study: http://io9.com/why-we-study-duck-penises-4587... . Guess what, approved 6 years ago by CONGRESS during the BUSH administration. Great job there. Fox News fisting your ass again?

Fifth, what are you talking about regarding spring break? The Mexico trip? It was a CLASS TRIP in which they volunteered at an orphanage and visited historical sites! It came out of the tuition money paid for by the parents! Seriously, all this stuff is on the internet but you focus on one site that seldom gives all of the facts. I'm guessing it's actually two fists?

Sixth, intelligent response? You didn't research anything or even make an intelligent argument to begin with. You simply parroted refuted conservative talking points. Way to think for yourself.
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#9 Apr 4, 2013
llDayo wrote:
Fox News fisting your ass again?
My you are getting frisky lately.

:)

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Since: Dec 06

Lebanon, PA

#10 Apr 4, 2013
Strel wrote:
<quoted text>
My you are getting frisky lately.
:)
It has something to do with blatant stupidity and/or ignorance. It gets me all hot and bothered.
Dianne

China Grove, NC

#11 Apr 4, 2013
llDayo wrote:
First of all, Dianne, I didn't vote for Obama.
Second, the previous administration is one of the main reasons why we're in this financial mess to begin with.
Third, do you expect the POTUS to just cancel everything? Conservatives threw a fit when the White House canceled tours to save money but when it hosts an annual event you throw a fit again? Make up your minds instead of looking to find an excuse to bash the President. You're acting like fools. All the civil rights stuff he's been furthering since Bush and you focus on subjects with little to no impact on anything.
Fourth, do your own research before bashing someone. The duck penis study: http://io9.com/why-we-study-duck-penises-4587... . Guess what, approved 6 years ago by CONGRESS during the BUSH

administration. Great job there. Fox News fisting your ass again?
Fifth, what are you talking about regarding spring break? The Mexico trip? It was a CLASS TRIP in which they volunteered at an orphanage and visited historical sites! It came out of the tuition money paid for by the parents! Seriously, all this stuff is on the internet but you focus on one site that seldom gives all of the facts. I'm guessing it's actually two fists?
Sixth, intelligent response? You didn't research anything or even make an intelligent argument to begin with. You simply parroted refuted conservative talking points. Way to think for yourself.
I did not vote for Obama either. The news about the daughters spring break has been taken down by orders of the president. They first went to the Bahamas and then went skiing. I don't care if he paid for it or not. Who do you think paid for all that flying around and all the EXTRA security???
Your language is extremely gentlemanly , don't you think? Grow up for goodness sake.
Yes, President George W. Bush did many things I did not approve of. Never have I said he didn't. BUT he did try a total of 18 times to rein in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. He was shot down each and every time by democrats. Our financial mess was at the hands of the filthy Barney Frank. IF you are keeping up, you know this.
IF you are indeed keeping up and doing your research as you say, then you know the White House tours have been cancelled due to the dreaded sequestration. Right? The group of 4th graders were turned away. http://www.redneckofhitech.com/wordpress/2013...
We were not in the financial mess in 2005 when President Bush approved this study. Why obama thinks right NOW is the time to waste money on this ridiculous study is beyond me.
Thank you for your comments. As you can see, I do know what I am talking about, answered you with no ugly, filthy remarks. So do not speak to me ever again as I will not respond with someone with such limited intelligence and use of the English language.
Strel

Tallahassee, FL

#12 Apr 5, 2013
I am sure there are any number of funded programs in the US budget that this person or another disagrees with.
Blaming it on Obama personally really does show your ignorance of how things work in our government, however.

And no, you do not know what you are talking about.

“I am the great an powerful Ny!”

Since: Dec 06

Lebanon, PA

#13 Apr 5, 2013
Dianne wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not vote for Obama either. The news about the daughters spring break has been taken down by orders of the president.
There's one rule that the press has always followed regarding the presidency and that's to leave the children alone when they're not accompanying their parents. They aren't the ones running the country and showing where they are only jeopardizes their safety. I'd make the same order in his shoes.
They first went to the Bahamas and then went skiing. I don't care if he paid for it or not. Who do you think paid for all that flying around and all the EXTRA security???
That security exists no matter where they go. They could be in school, on a field trip it doesn't matter. They're always protected from idiots.
Your language is extremely gentlemanly , don't you think? Grow up for goodness sake.
BEE
LOWME
Yes, President George W. Bush did many things I did not approve of. Never have I said he didn't. BUT he did try a total of 18 times to rein in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. He was shot down each and every time by democrats. Our financial mess was at the hands of the filthy Barney Frank. IF you are keeping up, you know this.
Barney Frank and other Dems did oppose a bill that would have created a regulatory body to keep Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in check. However, as your Fox News watching, gapped ass neglects, the Republicans did not bring it up for a vote in the Senate which they had control over. So congrats, its the fault of many people, but for some reason people just want to blame the other side like it's a team sporting event. This is the main reason why I seldom will vote for a Republican or Democrat.
IF you are indeed keeping up and doing your research as you say, then you know the White House tours have been cancelled due to the dreaded sequestration. Right? The group of 4th graders were turned away. http://www.redneckofhitech.com/wordpress/2013...
Wow. Did you really just cite a conspiracy site as your evidence? Even on that site it says that group met with government officials, meaning it WASN'T A PUBLIC TOUR!
We were not in the financial mess in 2005 when President Bush approved this study. Why obama thinks right NOW is the time to waste money on this ridiculous study is beyond me.
Google is your friend. You find out why within 30 seconds just by searching.
Thank you for your comments. As you can see, I do know what I am talking about, answered you with no ugly, filthy remarks. So do not speak to me ever again as I will not respond with someone with such limited intelligence and use of the English language.
No, you are another ignorant, racist, right-winged windbag with all the intelligence of Sarah Palin's vagina (which is smarter than her brain so consider that as not too shabby). You speak as if someone has two hands up your ass telling you what to thi...wait. I covered this in an earlier post, didn't I?

And there's nothing wrong with my use of the English language. I just choose to use more colorful aspects of it when engaging babbling turd chokers like yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rowan County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News We're watching you: Two women charged with abus... (Oct '15) Oct '15 AllAboutAnimals 1
News A gay meeting place opens (Dec '08) Oct '15 WasteWater 15
News Woman accused of duct-taping dog's mouth, posti... (Oct '15) Oct '15 JUST CALL ME CARING 1
News Attorney: Kentucky clerk interfered with judgea... (Sep '15) Sep '15 World Traveler 1
News Dick and Liz Cheney school conservative host on... (Sep '15) Sep '15 Erasmus1 1
News Father of missing Rowan teen Erica Parsons jail... (Aug '15) Aug '15 sjdw 1
Frank Ratliff (Nov '14) Nov '14 Curious 1
More from around the web