EPA targets counties violating new so...

EPA targets counties violating new soot standards

There are 2 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Aug 19, 2008, titled EPA targets counties violating new soot standards. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

The air quality in 14 Illinois counties does not meet new pollution standards, a federal agency said Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Kris

Tempe, AZ

#1 Aug 19, 2008
According to the 10th Amendment to the United States Constitution, the EPA is an illegal agency which creates their own laws, penalties, and enforces them and thus should not be acknowledged by the states. It's congresses job to create laws, and is not suppose to delegate their jobs down to sub agencies.

States, tell the EPA to go *#%( off!
ChangeAgent

Elmwood Park, IL

#2 Aug 20, 2008
And DOTs respond by . . . expanding the highways, of course.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Rock Island County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JCPenney Background Check (Nov '16) Nov '16 Jesse 2
News Two men arrested for beating senior dog with bo... (Oct '15) Oct '15 lightspeed 1
News RICO leaders get suggestions on aging county bu... (Oct '13) Oct '13 WHITE HORSE 1
News One Step Closer to Concealed Carry in IL (Jun '13) Jun '13 FormerParatrooper 6
News Should There Be Fewer R.I. County Board Members? (Nov '12) Nov '12 facts 1
News R.I. County debates concealed weapons (Jul '12) Jul '12 Tory II 2
News Former Rock Island County State's Attorney Alle... (Aug '11) Aug '11 Putz 1
More from around the web