Bransford Elementary adopts Yellow Ja...

Bransford Elementary adopts Yellow Jacket mascot

There are 2 comments on the The Tennessean story from Oct 10, 2013, titled Bransford Elementary adopts Yellow Jacket mascot. In it, The Tennessean reports that:

The Robertson County Board of Education voted Monday, Oct. 7 to change the mascot of Bransford Elementary School in Springfield to the Yellow Jackets.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Tennessean.

Branford bears

Springfield, TN

#1 Oct 11, 2013
Come on we have been the bears since I was in kindergarten 26 years ago. Little kids need a lovable bear(that looks like the Bernstein bear.) not a bug that is rarely if ever seen around here. Given the numbers why are we not the wasps... . Instead now the little kids get to emulate the thugs and drugs at SHS from a very early age. I guess the kindergardners and 1st graders will start selling dope and sagging their pants and carrying high powered hand guns.
Disblief

Springfield, TN

#2 Oct 11, 2013
Very true indeed. Who ever came up with the bright idea to change anyway? Wouldn't you think there are bigger problems in our schools than an elementary mascot's name? Get in the real world folks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Robertson County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marty Groves taking his terminally ill daughter... (Jul '12) Jul 3 Old resident 4
News 2 charged with aggravated burglary (Jul '13) May '17 Nikolas singleton 3
Kimi Bunn (Dec '08) Apr '17 Just wondering 9
News Clarksville Gas and Water announces Water Outag... Mar '17 Marcy martin 1
Pot (Sep '16) Sep '16 Jerry 1
Outbreak (Jul '16) Sep '16 local guy 2
Michael Lee Hines at Joleton 1st Baptist church... (Feb '16) Feb '16 Paducah Ky 1
More from around the web