Ex-Roane judge says he's 'paid debt' ...

Ex-Roane judge says he's 'paid debt' for extortion

There are 27 comments on the Knoxville News Sentinel story from Feb 16, 2011, titled Ex-Roane judge says he's 'paid debt' for extortion. In it, Knoxville News Sentinel reports that:

A disgraced former Roane County General Sessions judge who served federal prison time for extortion wants his citizenship rights restored, stating in a petition that he's "fully paid his debt to society." But Roane County District Attorney General Russell Johnson said Wednesday that he is opposing the petition filed on behalf of Thomas Alva Austin.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Knoxville News Sentinel.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#21 Nov 4, 2011
just heard wrote:
i hear a wayne mcclure and a lonnie wright done that to the cofer guy and that come from a well know jailer and i swear that on everyone i love in my life,and i see no reason for that person to lie.just wonder why the local law doesnt check into that?and where the mcclure guy was staying i was told you can get anything you want there,everybody that lives close knows right past that terrible,i mean so terrible fire on that house on the left which was his mothers and they was alot of statements made on that to,think they should investgated a little more,i was told some nice things was gave away and some was stored for them till everything went down and your right,i hate this county
A lot of people in Roane County know what happened to Boone Cofer because the two men that killed him have bragged about it to more than one person. As people were saying even back in 2007 on topix, the killers of Boone are "above the law". These kinds of comments along with the other facts surrounding this murder case makes me wonder if the law themselves didn't hire these guys to kill Boone. Others have expressed the same opinion to me. It will be interesting to see what plays out with all of this in the months to come. I have my pen and paper waiting..... this whole story surrounding Roane County corruption would make a great documentary on how corruption and racism cross paths in some redneck back wood towns of East Tennessee.
Curious

Smithville, TN

#22 Dec 21, 2011
Now your talking! Yep, Yep! Good 'ol Roane County!LOL, "Above the Law".

Don't want the TBI to come in - too many have come from Roane County and other corrupt counties in TN. We need the FBI to clean up this mess!
cromwell

United States

#23 Mar 4, 2013
Tommy austin is a piece of shit plain and simple. Any body that has sympathy for said peice of shit is a peice of shit themselves. I remember that bloated sack of dog shit wanting his take from every dope deal going down in roane county, recess being called when a certain set of names were called out on the docket, retiring to his private chambers during recess so as to discuss where his take was. Well i guess toilets really do attract a lot of shit.

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#24 Mar 4, 2013
Curious wrote:
Now your talking! Yep, Yep! Good 'ol Roane County!LOL, "Above the Law".

Don't want the TBI to come in - too many have come from Roane County and other corrupt counties in TN. We need the FBI to clean up this mess!
Your so right I hate it here can't wait to get out !
Amy

Knoxville, TN

#25 Mar 18, 2013
Come on let him out. He will be good.
cromwell

United States

#26 Mar 18, 2013
I simply cannot wait for you fools to restore his civil rights that he freely gave up for the allmighty dollar. Im on the edge of my seat here folks....simply because you will vote him back to honorable statis as a judge. Its not a matter of if but a matter of when.
U Know

Alexandria, VA

#27 Mar 26, 2013
just heard wrote:
i hear a wayne mcclure and a lonnie wright done that to the cofer guy and that come from a well know jailer and i swear that on everyone i love in my life,and i see no reason for that person to lie.just wonder why the local law doesnt check into that?and where the mcclure guy was staying i was told you can get anything you want there,everybody that lives close knows right past that terrible,i mean so terrible fire on that house on the left which was his mothers and they was alot of statements made on that to,think they should investgated a little more,i was told some nice things was gave away and some was stored for them till everything went down and your right,i hate this county
There are others who know these truths about Cofer's murder. A lot of lies in the newspapers about this through the years and they're trying to pin it on someone else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roane County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote for the Worst Local Band (Aug '13) 6 hr thatoneguy 4
Sheriffs department (Apr '14) 20 hr SOR 9
Tommy northern Aug 23 Tommy 1
David Hale Aug 21 kbb 2
need new sheriff and police depts mayors (Jul '14) Aug 17 Spunky 4
cash reward Aug 16 Holly 1
Summer Bunn, Waldo all those... (Jan '15) Aug 10 Haters-gonna-hate 6
More from around the web