Former Roane County resident in feder...

Former Roane County resident in federal custody

There are 3242 comments on the WBIR Knoxville story from Aug 19, 2007, titled Former Roane County resident in federal custody. In it, WBIR Knoxville reports that:

The Rhea County Sheriff's Department is investigating what it calls a "suspicious" death.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WBIR Knoxville.

TT rid er

Knoxville, TN

#3188 Jul 11, 2011
Justice sucks but Wayno your day is coming to a city near you ____BOY!!!!!!
yellow

United States

#3189 Jul 20, 2011
Where is daniel now? What jail or prison?
hate snitches

Kingston, TN

#3190 Jul 27, 2011
umakemesick wrote:
how does a man get 20 years for drugs and 15 for murder???
He's like his buddy Wayno Saylor he's a snith and turned in a bunch of peopple like wayno did and Wayno always remeber everytime you read this thread which I know you do I'll be watching still for yoy for stealing my wife's mothers stuff so remember you can't hide forever..........
I Agree

Elizabethton, TN

#3191 Sep 5, 2011
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
You sure do ask a lot of questions for a 'bike' lady. hummmmm!!!!!!!
Yeh, I agree, and know what you mean.

Hmmmm, I wonder why cops come onto topix.com under names like that then try to sound like someone other that a cop. U can always tell who they are. I suppose if they weren't worrin so much about covering up their own crimes and corruption, they could be solving crimes and protecting ppl, which is what they get paid to do. All these comments on here about these cops involvement in all this drug stuff and letting ppl pay them off, until someone gets killed, is no coincidence. If the cops let this guy run the streets, how do we all know he didn't kill someone else before Faye. Is it possible he could have also shot Boone in the head and few weeks before he did the same thing to Faye. Seems like the guy was pretty coked-up. And we all know what that stuff does to ppl. Too bad the law didn't do anything. How long does a investigation take anyway? Years? I don't think so. What a crock. The lies they all tell to make it pretend they are solving crimes make me think that they were probably getting paid off. But who knows? Wouldn't make a difference because they would only do that if they thought they all would get by with it. Yep, it appears someone at the top has their backs. Hmmm
Its crazy

Elizabethton, TN

#3192 Sep 5, 2011
umakemesick wrote:
how does a man get 20 years for drugs and 15 for murder???
It's crazy! Who knows?. I know of two that got life for trumped-up and false drug charges, one completely innocent and the other I don't know everything, but I do know witnesses were bribed and threatened in order to get them to lie about the defendant at the trials. Both happened in Knox County. There is no justice! It's a scam!

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#3193 Sep 5, 2011
I Agree wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeh, I agree, and know what you mean.
Hmmmm, I wonder why cops come onto topix.com under names like that then try to sound like someone other that a cop. U can always tell who they are. I suppose if they weren't worrin so much about covering up their own crimes and corruption, they could be solving crimes and protecting ppl, which is what they get paid to do. All these comments on here about these cops involvement in all this drug stuff and letting ppl pay them off, until someone gets killed, is no coincidence. If the cops let this guy run the streets, how do we all know he didn't kill someone else before Faye. Is it possible he could have also shot Boone in the head and few weeks before he did the same thing to Faye. Seems like the guy was pretty coked-up. And we all know what that stuff does to ppl. Too bad the law didn't do anything. How long does a investigation take anyway? Years? I don't think so. What a crock. The lies they all tell to make it pretend they are solving crimes make me think that they were probably getting paid off. But who knows? Wouldn't make a difference because they would only do that if they thought they all would get by with it. Yep, it appears someone at the top has their backs. Hmmm
Slow day up your way? Looks like you read this thread like a book.

But...I agree with all that you said.

Best thing to do with something like this...is to remain silent and see what comes up.

I swear this has gone on forever.

Although I don't know a soul connected to this case. I thought of Faye this weekend. After she was killed, hurricane Fay came through this way. I took pics and put them up on net. Seems so long ago.

The whole sorted story is so sad.

The family that just got killed up in Copley Ohio. Now..I knew them. And knew them for a long time.

Life sure has some rough bumps in it.

Walk with strength~
True not False

Elizabethton, TN

#3194 Sep 8, 2011
yellow wrote:
Where is daniel now? What jail or prison?
1. DANIEL GLEN HAMPTON 31841-074 37-White-M
01-18-2025 JESUP FCI

INMATE NAME & REGISTER NUMBER
FCI JESUP
FEDERAL CORRECTIONAL INSTITUTION
2680 301 SOUTH
JESUP, GA 31599
The Federal Correctional Institution (FCI) in Jesup is a medium security facility housing male offenders. It has two adjacent satellite facilities: a low security facility and a minimum security prison camp, both housing male inmates.
FCI Jesup is located in southeast Georgia on Route 301, 65 miles southwest of Savannah, 40 miles northwest of Brunswick, and 105 miles northwest of Jacksonville, Florida.
I Agree

Elizabethton, TN

#3195 Sep 8, 2011
DC tells it like it is wrote:
<quoted text>
Slow day up your way? Looks like you read this thread like a book.
But...I agree with all that you said.
Best thing to do with something like this...is to remain silent and see what comes up.
I swear this has gone on forever.
Although I don't know a soul connected to this case. I thought of Faye this weekend. After she was killed, hurricane Fay came through this way. I took pics and put them up on net. Seems so long ago.
The whole sorted story is so sad.
The family that just got killed up in Copley Ohio. Now..I knew them. And knew them for a long time.
Life sure has some rough bumps in it.
Walk with strength~
Dear Username "DC tells it like it is":

Yes, I know this thread pretty darn well. Been studying it since about June of this year. And I'm still studying it! And you know what, I am not going to stop studying it, and exposing what I find on it until Boone's murderer is "CORRECTLY" identified and the one the cops falsely charged with this murder no longer faces those "deliberate" false charges. As you can see, I tell it how it is too DC. That's how you were able to know that it's been a slow day up here. In fact, there's been a lot of slow days since I am not longer working at my old job as a P.I., and I've been sitting on my bed day after day reading many these posts and writing others in my attempts to find out who it was that killed Boone. I have used usernames "True not False" and "No one is above the law" in recent forums, and a few other misc. ones when I started weighing in on topix back in June.

I know what you mean about keeping silent. Boy, I went on some Harriman Threads as well as started a few of my own threads on the subject of Boone's murder, Ralph O'Neal being falsely charged for it, and that username, "Omega" from back then seeming to be behind both. Man alive! A few rats came out of the cellar onto those forums and the "damage control" (or whatever it was) started with a vengeance. Naming calling and all just to discredit me! This main guy claimed to know nothing about any of this story, yet he (and later a few of what appeared to be his friends) came on and joined him in trying to discredit me. Personally, I believe one or more of them was a cop in RC and perhaps even Omega himself or one of his friends doing his "damage control" dirty work for him. At least that is now it appeared to me!

I see Stacey, Boone's daughter has been on this forum recently (if that is not another trick too), and I am going to try to contact her to discuss what more I have discovered today, but have not written about on these forums. Perhaps I have already said too much, and have placed myself at risk for being harmed by some corrupt cop or his hit man as well, but it is too late to worry about all of that now. Which is why I have sent this info to my family and friends and a media contact of mine at ABC News.

I guess they either have to drop those false charges against O'Neal or they'll have to respond to a whole lot of questions out here, if I have my way about it. Because I know O'Neal HAS BEEN FALSELY CHARGED,(and I have never even met O'Neal!). I BELIEVE THEY KNOW THAT THE MURDER CHARGE AGAINST HIM IS FALSE. In my opinion they need to find out who "Omega" is,(confirm whether or not he was the investigator on Boone's case or the drug enforcement officer back in 2007), and find out why that guy seemed to know who the murderer was from the beginning, and why he appeared to be defending "Hampton" with regard what Stormy was saying about how it looked like Hampton may have had something to do with Boone's murder. I tend to agree with her. It's so obvious. So why would "Omega" even care what Stormy thought about this murderer and drug dealer, unless there was something "Hampton" might say about him that he did not want exposed.

Continued on next post...
I Agree

Elizabethton, TN

#3197 Sep 8, 2011
SORRY ABOUT THAT DUPE POST UP THERE….
IT CONTINUES BELOW….

But Omega appears to be taking up for Hampton. Interestingly, Hampton is a white guy and O'Neal is black. I assume Omega is also white.
I would also like to know why "Hampton" got by with a lot of drug trafficking down there before Boone and Faye's murder. Wright and McClure's possible involvement in this murder has been written about by other posters, and perhaps all 4 of these men were involved, I don't know! I just know O'Neal WAS NOT involved in it, and it getting pinned on him appears to me to be just a part of a cover-up. But what do I know. I am just working off of common sense, a whole lot of topix.com posts since 2007, and a lot of information on O'Neal's trumped-up drug traffic charge where all kinds of lies appear to have been told in that fiasco. Needless to say he got life, and a false murder charge pinned on him to boot!

Lastly, I can't understand how "Hampton" got off with only 25 years for murder, major drug trafficking , and weapons charges...(plea deal or not), as well as all of that domestic stuff while O'Neal's trumped-up drug charge got him life in prison. This kind of unfair crap is happening to a lot of black men in TN (I am a white woman), and I have made some calls about that to Washington D.C, as well as sent my take on this to the media. We'll just have to see what happens with all that, and that concocted murder trial of O'Neals.

I have also sent this stuff to O'Neal's pro bono defense attorney recently assigned to him by a Judge in the same county that filed the murder charges against him. I guess we'll have to wait to see what that was all about as things more forward. I just hope O'Neal get's legitimate and effective counsel for a change, because that public defender he has during his June 9th sentencing didn't seem to me to be much of a defense attorney. He appeared to be eating out of the hands of the prosecution. Then again, that just my opinion.

Thanks again for weighing in to my comments above. Your obviously not a corrupt cop in damage control mode, and seem to know a bit about what it is like in TN. I am originally from California, and have learned a lot about public corruption after moving to TN a few years back. But were are moving as my husband and I do not want to live in a state like this! Lots of good people here that get treated like crap by law enforcement. And that good-ole-boy system makes me what to throw-up.

“My Bad! Just hold me. ”

Since: Aug 07

Orion's Belt

#3198 Sep 8, 2011
Interesting, I Agree. As you can see, I first came to this thread, cuz, like Faye, had I of stayed with my ex. I would not be writing to you right now.

Dead females do not write!

I felt for this woman I never met, nor, would have met anyone of them. We live in two different worlds.

As you, I am not from here, and would love to move. Raised my children here and seems they are here for awhile. So until something changes, I am here.

I follow this story, for it touches my heart in a very deep way. I think of it often.

I wish you well on your work. I wish you safety.

I agree on Omega, person could have been anyone.

I come from the north. Up there, we keep our lips shut. Take it to the grave.

Been on Topix awhile now. Read a lot of threads. Never once have I seen someone like Omega come on and speak to every one ..play per play.

I am not real smart when it comes to law or courts, but I think nothing is to be said until all is said and done. That was the key for me.

Other than that, I've respect for Faye's people, so have pretty much left this thread alone, unless someone posts. I always read it. Been a long painful horrid book to me.

Let me know if it ever ends.

Once again...stay safe.
Thank you for all you've mentioned. Good luck with that you wish to obtain.
And indeed...keep your eyes open. Is more to this good 'ol boy thing than meets the eye.

Is the law of the mountains. Some still take it very seriously.
No one is above the law

Elizabethton, TN

#3200 Sep 9, 2011
For those who don't know, "Omega" is the last letter of the Greek alphabet.

That is what username "Retired LEO" from the January 2008 (see prior post) meant when he said

"Is there any possibility of independent information regarding this investigation or is it all skewed toward the "alphabet"?

Username "Retired LEO" clearly identified username "Omega" as LE, and when on to suggests that local LEO (Omega), was being antagonistic toward the Boone's Family.

I have found several examples of this antagonistic attitude toward the family and examples of those post can be found below:

Stormy
Orangeburg, SC
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#139Oct 26, 2007
Will not forget U wrote:
How about it, Roane County Sherrif's office. Why no news about the Cofer case? Some of us would like to know.

Somebody call the Sheriff's Office and ask, all they do is "nothing".:)

Will not forget U
Oliver Springs, TN
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#140Oct 26, 2007
you're right Stormy. They gave us a # with the investagator, and he never returns a call. We can never find out anything.

citizen of roane county
Albertville, AL
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#141Oct 26, 2007
OMEGA??? Got an info on this case?

Stormy
Eastover, SC
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#142Oct 26, 2007
Will not forget U wrote:
you're right Stormy. They gave us a # with the investagator, and he never returns a call. We can never find out anything.

Call the Gov.

Will not forget U
La Follette, TN
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#143Oct 27, 2007

Thanks, Stormy

For you Daddy
La Follette, TN
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#144Oct 27, 2007
We love and miss you! We will never forget you. We will try to let you go and keep our memories of you. Do not be surprised if we can't!!!!!!!!

Wanda
Chuckey, TN
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#145Oct 29, 2007
I don't understand why there has been no further mention of Boone's murder. Has he been forgotten because he was a "dealer"? No matter who they say he was, we know that he loved his family and was a good man. To Stacie, Dean and Steve, you are still in my prayers.

Stormy
Newberry, SC
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#146Oct 29, 2007
Will not forget U wrote:
Thanks, Stormy

Call the District Attorney, the Gov., the Sheriff, and any body else you can think of. Not that you will get any return phone calls, but if you show up on their doorstep, someone will talk to you just to get rid of you. I did.

Lastly, did Hampton a.k.a. Big D, really confess to killing Boone? I think he did. And who was this poster below? I think they are telling the truth.

About daniel hampton
Knoxville, TN
Reply »|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#128Oct 6, 2007

Just had call, saying that daniel had confessed to Boone's murder. Has anyone else heard anything? A family friend

Again, see the number above and contact me if you have any info on how I can contact any of Boone's family members or friends that posted on topix.com in 2007 - 2010. I know Stacey was still posting in May 2011 because she went on and said that she did not think O'Neal did it, and that the cops just wanted to blame someone. Well, I think she was right about O'Neal, but I think there is far more behind this then just the cops wanting to "blame" someone. In my opinion, I think blaming O'Neal is part of a cover-up for some things that were going on with an LE and worse than O'Neal would ever do!

At the end of the day the Lord is overseeing all of this, and if He wants the truth to come out, there is nothing any damage control tactics can do but just provide more smoking guns. Whoever is helping or has helped Omega, perhaps they may want to consider distancing themselves from him. This Omega guy is the kind of guy, in my opinion, that gives all LE a bad reputation. We need our LE. But we do not need nor want corrupt ones.

TN needs to arise above being the #1 corrupt state in the country, by addressing the corruption and exposing it, not attacking those who ask for something better.
True not False

Elizabethton, TN

#3202 Sep 10, 2011
BELOW IS AN PROPHETIC STATEMENT MADE BY A POSTER BACK ON AUGUST 7, 2007 JUST AFTER BOONE WAS KILLED. READ BELOW. HE ALMOST GOT IN RIGHT WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE ONE THAT WOULD GET BLAMED FOR IT WAS NOT INVOLVED WITH CORRUPT COPS OR POLITICIANS.

BUT FALSELY CHARGING O'NEAL DOES GIVE ONE OF THEM A A PRETTY GOOD COVER-UP.

I BELIEVE THE REAL KILLER IS ONE MAN THAT PERHAPS INVOLVED TWO OTHERS. AND ALL 3 ARE COVERING FOR A CORRUPT COP THAT HAS TO BLAME O'NEAL TO MAKE THIS MURDER INVESTIGATION "SOLVED" ON THE BOOKS, REPORTED IN THE MEDIA, AND A FINAL WIPE OF A LOT OF SWEAT OFF HIS BROW FOR COVERING UP HIS INVOLVEMENT IN THE DRUG TRAFFICKING WITH THE MAJOR DRUG TRAFFICKING BACK THEN. AND IT WAS GOING ON BEFORE STOCKTON EVER TOOK OFFICE. I DON'T EVEN THINK STOCKTON IS AWARE OF THE COVER-UP THAT HAS TAKEN PLACE WITH THIS. SHERIFF STOCKTON, WAKE UP! YOUR HAVE SOME CORRUPTION THERE GOING ON RIGHT UNDER YOUR NOSE AND MAY NOT EVEN KNOW IT.

WHO IS THIS CORRUPT COP. WELL YOU ALL KNOW WHO HE IS. AND HE WANTS O'NEAL TO TAKE THE BLAME FOR BOONE'S MURDER AS PART OF THE COVER-UP FOR WHAT REALLY HAPPENED BACK THEN. I HOPE THE PUBLIC, THE BOONE FAMILY, AND THE FBI DON'T ALLOW THIS KIND OF CORRUPTION TO CONTINUE. AND IF YOU ALL HAVE ONE NAME OF THE CORRUPT COP I AM REFERRING TO.... ASK YOURSELF WHY THAT IS. BECAUSE THIS IS NOT THE ONLY CORRUPT COVER-UP HE HAS BEEN INVOLVED IN.

IF I AM TALKING CRAZY STUFF, THEN HOW CRAZY WAS THE POSTER BELOW BACK IN 2007. HE CLEARLY SAW THIS PATTERN OF CORRUPTION UNDER THE LAST SHERIFF. PEOPLE DON'T MAKE COMMENTS LIKE WHAT HE WROTE BELOW AND WHAT I AM WRITING NOW BASED ON NOTHING! STUDY THIS FORUM AND THE OTHER OLD FORUMS ABOUT BOONE'S MURDER THAT HAS 2007 AND 2008 POSTS. AND YOU WILL FIND A REAL SUSPICIOUS FELLOW BY THE NAME OF "OMEGA" CLEARLY IS A LOCAL COP TROLLING THOSE FORUMS TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE ARE SAYING. AND HE DOES NOT APPEAR TO BE WANTING INFO ON THE MURDER, THOUGH HE TRIES TO MAKE IT APPEAR THAT WAY. HE LOOKS LIKE HE IS ONE THERE TO DO "DAMAGE CONTROL". IN HINDSIGHT OF THE 2007 POSTERS COMMENTS BELOW WHILE LOOKING AT OMEGA'S 2008 COMMENTS IS REALLY "CHILLING". AGAIN, IF AM JUST A CRAZY NUT, THEN THE GUY BELOW HAS TO HAVE BEEN A CRAZY NUT TOO, AND A WHOLE LOT OF OTHER PEOPLE.

THAT'S MY LITTLE FICTION STORY ABOVE, UNLESS SOMEONE WANTS TO CONSIDER IT JUST MIGHT BE NON-FICTION. HMMM. WE WILL SEE IF ANY OF THIS COMES UP IN THE TRIAL OF O'NEAL. SENDING IT TO O'NEALS ATTORNEY AND SOME OTHERS FOR REVIEW IF THE TRIAL GOES FORWARD.

AGAIN AN ERIR POST BELOW FROM 2007.

Roane County man found shot to death
Full story: WBIR Knoxville

http://www.topix.com/forum/knoxville/TVUE88GO...

LoveIT
Oak Ridge, TN
Reply » Report Abuse Judge it!#7 Aug 7, 2007

I would be willing to bet that this man had long time ties with some of Roane Counties finest criminals for years (many of them involved in politics) and something went wrong. So now he is found in a ditch, murdered, and guess what no one will ever go to jail UNLESS some other idiot that goes along with Roane Counties drug scandal ticks someone high up off and they will place the blame on him and bam case solved. Does anyone happen to remember about 20 years ago when that teacher was found dead in a ditch after picking up a hitchiker down towards paint rock area? I bet its a conspiracy!!!
No one is above the law

Elizabethton, TN

#3203 Sep 12, 2011
FROM AUGUST 2007
Omega wrote:
<quoted text>
The Rhea County Sheriff's Office is the lead agency with the TBI assisting. The Rhea County Sheriff's Office is more than capable of handling this investigation.
pizza man you seem to have a bone to pick with law enforcement in general. It is obvious you don't know what you are talking about or just have a bias for some reason.
TO OMEGA ON SEPTEMBER 12, 2011

No Omega, I don't think that poster from 2007 has anymore bias than a lot of people, including myself. A little piece of the intimidation is on my cell phone as of July 8, 2011 at 11:15 p.m., among the other evidence that shows the blatant intimidation that I have endured just for my efforts in trying to help the man that has been falsely charged with Roonie "Boone" Cofer's murder and justice for his family of which they begged the public to help out with in many public requests right here on topix.com .

As I am sure you know, I finally was able to contact two of Boone's family members. One of them being the one that begged the public to help and was praying for the real killer to be caught. The first conversation I had with one of the other family members was a very disturbing with regard to what this family member told me about what took place back then. What the hell was that all about? Family members don't identify their loved ones body at the crime scene at the side of the road! And that is only one interesting thing I was told. Now you leave these innocent family member alone. Don’t you dare harm them.

Then, later in the day when I called the telephone number of second family member that was given to me by the first family member with the invitation to call the second family member, the only response I got from the second family member upon identifying myself as the one that spoke with the first family member was....

"I AM NOT INTERESTED!"

Well, with regard to trying to help the Boone family identify who really killed Boone and who was all behind it and benefiting from covering up the real murderer by falsely charging O'Neal…,

I WILL NOW STAND DOWN at the family's requests.

And I was told to do just that by O'Neal himself a few days ago before I even contacted members of Boone's family. After telling O'Neal about what I had uncovered and commented on on topix.com and the intimidation and threats of judicial harassment with false allegations, he told me to please not put me or my family at risks.

THEREFORE I AM STANDING DOWN!!! This corruption is far deeper than what I thought! Heck, who would ever have guessed!

continued ......on next post from this username
No one is above the law

Elizabethton, TN

#3204 Sep 12, 2011
continued....

However, I have had people from out-of state printing all of these forums and copying them for my own protection. After me and these interested family members and friends have spent hours upon hours reading, copying, and printing the entire 3300+ comments on this forum ,and obtaining public court documents from Pacer and the Internet, clearly any one with half a brain can see what was going on down there in Roane County and in Knoxville.... and what continues to go on to this day.

But.... I WILL STAND DOWN because the public corruption is far deeper and wider than I ever dreamed of and far bigger than me or my family and friends.

Again, to protect me and my family from harm as well as preserving the documented history on this and other forums, they have all been printed as well as copied into Word documents and emailed to a number of parties. If anything should happen to me or my family members and/or O'Neal's false and trumped charges prove to be successful for these corrupt officials, perhaps the state of Tennessee will be answering some questions from the media, because the national media likes sensational stories such as this! Apparently you all think the whole country is either as scared as the residents in Roane County. Why you even have a population of people living in that county is mind boggling.

All anyone has to do is read a few paragraphs of my summary facts about the public corruption in the cases concerning Daniel Hampton and what he did, the Boone murder, and the false charges against Ralph O'Neal for this murder ….,is but a little dot or speck of what had gone one down there.

Clearly you were involved in it "Omega" as well as others,(including some other cops, DA's prosecutors, Judges, and on up the ladder as is evidenced in these forums and other relevant documents, such as public court documents, including letters to the court from defendants in jail. And oh, let's not forget the attorneys for the defense a.k.a. public defenders with regard to all the corruption!

Yes, heck, yes! I STAND DOWN. Who would want to "take on" all this corruption and those behind it! There is no more truth and justice in the state of Tennessee regarding these two cases and all the public corruption behind these two cases alone. It goes even deeper with what really happened to Judge Austin, and why the officials "really" went after him. Lot and lots to cover up.

If I had known about even the remote possibility as such corruption existing in this state, I would have never moved to Tennessee or asked questions or made comments on this forum about what who really killed Ronnie "Boone" Cofer.

But when the defendant who was falsely charged for this murder has more concern for my safety than the police do, than one has to realize that that the many allegations that Roane County is corrupt, are in fact true. And Clearly the officials in the county are to be feared by even law abiding citizens such as myself.

Now, you corrupt official down there just might want to ask yourselves if you really want to go forward with falsely charging O'Neal with the murder. And do you really want to use that new pro bono attorney assigned by that Roane County judge to sabotage his appeal on that trumped-up drug trafficking charge that put him in prison for life. Well if you do, then you might want to plan on killing me and a whole bunch of my friends and family who are watching this case of major corruption.., and racism like white on rice!

continued on next post from this username....
No one is above the law

Elizabethton, TN

#3207 Sep 12, 2011
continued......

And these are but just a few of the stories of public corruption not only in Roane County, but a number of Tennessee counties that operate like they exist in the stone age rather than the 21st Century.

My husband and no longer want to live in this corrupt and uncivil state with people like you, Omega and the corrupt good-ole-boy system that will surely hang you out to dry when your behavior ceases to stop. It is just a matter of time, especially if you continue to falsely charge those I advocate for. You’ll get hung out to dry on charges just to shut you up from talking about all their corruption. Because your behavior is getting and has been a little to careless. You are not even good at corruption. Indictments with allegations of 10 years of drug trafficking while having no evidence to support such a statement is a perfect example of that. Yet a life prison term was fully executed and a false murder charge to boot is absolutely amazing when looking at the corruption that take place by public officials with free rein to continue with no accountability.

Yes, I WILL STAND DOWN while awaiting for those false charges, lies and judicial harassment and corruption to stop against the one who has been falsely charged with Boone’s murder. If it does, then that is all I can EVER hope for. All this rampant corruption is far bigger than me! I will be satisfied in knowing that at least my presence in this corrupt state for a few years served some good purpose, if not for only one black man. After that, the people of Roane County and this state will have to fend for themselves. Because I will NO longer waste my time or risk my life for people that will not stand up against the corruption. Let them live and die in the state of Tennessee with their fellow citizen’s blood on their own hands….even if it is the blood of their own loved ones. I can empathize with those who are fearful, but not those that insist on remaining in the very area where they and their family members have have been victimized and do nothing about it (like move) so they can no longer be intimidated. Refuge can be found in other states that seek to protect their innocent citizens. With this option open to everyone, I refusing to help those that won’t help themselves. No thank you, Ive been their and down that. I am moving on with the above noted condition. Otherwise you all will hear from me and others again.

This county is far bigger than the back hills of Roane County and any other back woods county where corruption like this is allowed to rein with no higher state government accountability. No wonder there is so much drug trafficking here, and no wonder civilized news outlets like Channel 5 News in Nashville has the guts and the good investigative reporters to report it in the link below. These are the states true hero’s, not the FBI or TBI! Wake up your guys, these corrupt county officials are making you all look either corrupt yourselves or scared. Which is it?

Here the link to some real investigative reporting about the cops profiting from drug trafficking in TN.

Roane County newspapers would do well to learn a few things from those who really report the news, and not just the spoon feed lies given to them by LEO’s like Haggard and other LEO. Isn’t that right Omega!

Have a good life. I'll try to do the same. See you on Judgement Day!
Against Drugs

Elizabethton, TN

#3208 Sep 12, 2011
Omega wrote:
<quoted text>
You are aware that he pled guilty to possession of 10 pounds of marijuana in March of last year, aren't you? You can get copies of the records at the courthouse if you don't want to believe me.
I think it is fine that you support a family friend but to say that he has done nothing or is being wronged is very biased on your part.
I was looking through this forum, and saw this post. If he pleaded guilty to 10 pounds of marijuana in March of 2006 (your post was from 2007), than why was he not in jail? I think this question addresses the issue many people have on this forum as to why this man got by with breaking the law without spending much time in jail. If he was in jail from having plead guilty for possession of 10 pounds a marijuana less than a year prior, then it would have been a little hard for him to be dealing drugs and possessing illegal weapons, or harming / murdering his wife and the mother of his children. Now they don't have a mother because the police and the court in Roane County were not doing their job. Did the Roane County police not want him in jail? Were they profiting in anyway from this man's drug activity. Just asking because other posters on this forum have stated or implied that.
Against Drugs

Elizabethton, TN

#3209 Sep 12, 2011
Was a close friend wrote:
the remains of one of the bodys was randy randolphs a dear friend of mine danial killed randy i know this to be a fact and i will be going to talk to the police about this if i have to and up in the court room and face danial and point to him and say yes danial killed this man i have facts on this believe me danail is nothing but dirt to me i have been to his house in rhea county not 2 weeks after he killed faye i will be a witness if needs be
I am responding to this post from early September 2007. Randy Randolph appears to have been murdered and his remains found by this date (9/7/2007, just weeks after Faye was killed and about 1 month after Boone was killed. Can anyone tell me how this man was killed and the estimated date of his death, and if a missing person's report was ever filed on him and when?
Omega the end of story

Elizabethton, TN

#3210 Sep 19, 2011
September 18, 2011

Dear Mr. O'Neal,

First, I would like to apologize for not emailing you these past few days as I have been very busy finishing reading what is basically a “book” comprised on 3200+ comments that can be found on www.topix.com titled “Former Roane County Resident in Federal Custody”(see link below).

Reading this entire Discussion Board and applicable newspaper articles has revealed to me that you did not murder Roonie “Boone” Cofer nor did you have anything to do with his tragic death as the authorities have stated. How awful that you have had this false charge placed upon you and your name splattered in the local newspapers depicting you as a cold blooded killer, when it appears to me that the authorities charging you know that this is false.

I assume the officer(s) that took this false accusation to the Grand Jury for their indictment is the same officer(s) that was involved in the Daniel Hampton Drug Investigation back in 2006 and 2007. Clearly the officer(s) did not want Hampton or any of his drug connections to be associated with Boone’s murder.

After reading the aforementioned Discussion Board, I believe that anyone with any common sense that would take the time to read this and a few old newspaper articles would have to conclude that Daniel Hampton and/or his connections (which appeared to include Judge Austin), had something to do with the murder of “Boone”. But it clearly was not you. Your name is never even mentioned on this Discussion Board until a local drug enforcement officer in 2010 commented that you had been charged with Boone’s murder and that you had no connections with Daniel Hampton.

It appears that the same law enforcement officer(s) responsible for covering up who really murdered Boone in 2007, is (are) also responsible for presenting false information to the Grand Jury in Roane County in 2009, which resulted in the your murder Indictment in June 2009. This email will explain why it appears the authorities wanted the families of Boone Cofer and Faye Hampton to steer away from any notion that Hampton was involved in Boone’s murder.

It is a bit of a long story, but the bottom line is the officer(s) in Roane County appears to have feared of a wrongful death lawsuit for the murders of both victims,(especially Faye's), and perhaps even sought to also cover-up Roane County public corruption under Judge Austin and Sheriff Haggard who appeared to allow Hampton to run his drug trafficking business for years in Roane County with little accountability for it.

continued on next post
Omega the end of story

Elizabethton, TN

#3211 Sep 19, 2011
continued....

The murder of Faye Hampton has more to do with you being falsely accused of Boone’s murder than Boone’s murder itself. You would have to read about that case and the aforementioned topix.com Discussion Board to understand why I have come to this conclusion.

The Bottom line is the authorities did appear to protect Faye from Hampton even though they probably knew that Hampton was responsible for Boone’s murder two weeks prior to him murdering her. Hampton was not arrested for Boone’s murder after his body was found, and I believe the reason for this is the drug investigation or Hampton was more important to them. I believe the authorities figured they would just arrest him for Boone’s murder after they got all of their evidence on the drug investigation which had about a month to go before they had planned on tying it all up. So they left Hampton on the street to gather more evidence. This put their other informant, Faye, at risks for the same thing to happen to her. Then when Hampton murdered his wife Faye because he obviously found out that she too was an informant, the authorities sought to cover-up their responsibility for her death by saying that Hampton had nothing to do with Boone’s murder. To state otherwise would have made them partly responsible for Faye’s death.

The placed “their trophy drug investigation of Hampton” over the safety of their informant, Faye Hampton. When Hampton murdered Faye, I believe the authorities panicked and went into damage control mode. This damage control is depicted in the aforementioned topix.com Discussion Board with many comments made by username Omega, an obvious drug enforcement officer involved in the Hampton Drug investigation.

This above noted topix.com Discussion Board that was started back on August 19, 2007 after Daniel Hampton murdered his wife Faye on August 18, 2007. This Discussion Board is mostly about Faye Hampton’s murder and Daniel Hamptons involvement in that as well as drug and weapons charges that arose after he killed Faye.

However, since Boone was murdered just like Faye (with a gunshot to the head) two weeks prior to Faye, his murder was discussed within the context of whether Daniel was also involved in that as well. This suggestion was made by several well-informed posters through the years. But a the Roane County drug enforcement officer who had the username “Omega” on this Discussion Board and others, clearly did not want the family and friends of Faye or Boone to believe that Hampton had anything to do with Boone’s murder.

None of the posters on these Discussion Boards seemed to catch on as to why “Omega” was steering them away from their belief that Hampton had anything to do with Boone’s murder. And I believe there is a reason why the law enforcement officer,“Omega”, did not want them to believe that Hampton or his people had anything to do with Boone’s murder. I believe the reason was the obvious “LIABILITY” for the deaths of Faye and perhaps even Boone. It’s seems very probable that this officer(s) and perhaps even the entire Roane County government feared a wrongful death lawsuit for the murders of both victims for several reasons, including the above noted.

continued on next post
Omega the end of story

Elizabethton, TN

#3212 Sep 19, 2011
continued....

Hampton appears to have been allowed to conduct his drug business in Roane County without much accountability under the prior Sheriff and judicial appointees (specifically Judge Austin, but perhaps others). Also Boone and Faye were said to have been informants for the ongoing drug investigation of Hampton, and I believe they were informants up to the day each of them was murdered. In that instance, their cooperating with the authorities was probably under duress and for the purpose of avoiding jail time themselves for being involved in Hampton’s drug business in Roane County.

From what I understand, Boone had been arrested in 2006 just two weeks after Judge Austin had been arrested on some corruption charge regarding kickbacks from driving schools and money laundering. Apparently, Judge Austin’s arrest was not related to drugs (at least not publically), but he had been previously arrested in Florida for possession of cocaine and then allowed to remain on the bench in Roane County. Interestingly, the local newspapers back in 2006 stated that Judge Austin was asked by authorities to agree to a drug test, but Austin had declined. There is a lot more to discuss about Judge Austin, but he apparently had an out-of-state arrest on cocaine charge, the authorities suspecting him of drug use when they asked for a drug test, and he was probably guilty of drug use which is reasonable to assume based upon his refusal to allow a drug test when he was arrested on the money laundering and kickback charges in 2006.

Who knows what Judge Austin may have told the authorities about his involvement with Daniel Hampton’s drug business in Roane County that went on without accountability from Roane County government officials through the years, specifically Judge Austin. Perhaps the entire Roane County government would risks embarrassment and some lawsuits if the entire story about Judge Austin were allowed to get out. Interestingly, Judge Austin got a slap on the wrist with a few years in a cushy jail where he probably enjoyed his “safety” from Hampton until the authorities could get Hampton off the street. Hence, the drug investigation that ensued in going after Hampton, in which more potential snitches involved with Hampton were coerced into helping the authorities with this drug investigation. The Judge was “safe” in jail, while future snitches would remain on the street to help the authorities. Two of them were murdered, Ronnie “Boone” Cofer and Dorothy “Faye” Hampton, two weeks apart, both with a single gunshot to the head.

When Boone was killed in 2007 after being arrested in 2006 (2 wks. after Judge Austin) he believed that he was facing up to 25 years in prison. At 59, he knew he would die in jail if he didn’t do what he needed to do to avoid this. I believe the authorities used the threat of dying in jail as leverage to coerce Boone to snitch on Hampton in their ongoing drug investigation of Hampton and his connections.

I believe Hampton, Judge Austin, and perhaps even a few in the local police departments or government had a motive for killing Boone to shut him up regarding Hampton’s drug business in Roane County . The single gunshot in Boone’s mouth was clearly a “message” to all potential snitches in the community to shut up or else.

If no one in the Roane County government and law enforcement were responsible for Boone’s death, then certainly they had to believe that Hampton was the obvious suspect. However,“Omega” rejected that notion when family and friends stated or implied who the obvious and most likely murderer of Boone was.

continued on next post...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Roane County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
keylon Fri player 1
Jacks Market in Oakdale Jul 26 Mad in Pine Orchard 1
private property/self-defense question Jul 15 Ric 1
David Hale Jul 14 orphan 1
Cody Leach, Greg Leach Jr & Sr Jun '15 DTAinRoaneCounty 1
Mitch Pennington Jun '15 DTAinRoaneCounty 1
Blake Davis Jun '15 DTAinRoaneCounty 1
More from around the web