EDUCATION: Fiscal cliff threatens programs, boards say

Dec 29, 2012 Full story: The Press-Enterprise

Cafeteria Supervisor Rosa Vargas mixes a bowl of Italian Pasta with vegetables at Gage Middle School in Riverside.

Full Story
HoodSanta

United States

#1 Dec 29, 2012
So if we go off the fiscal cliff it will mean that some government programs are hurt or even eliminated? Man that is great! This cliff is sounding better to me all the time. I hope we break the sound barrier going off the cliff. Yep my taxes will go up substantially but it would be worth it to see at least a few programs for the hand out demographic go away. I am all for it - the schools waste a huge amount of money and the results we get for this ever inflating cost is poor at best. We spend more money on education to get fewer tangible results than any other country on the planet. I say cut the cliff related programs and then come back and make a second cut that large again - at least that would be a start. Maybe try the program normal people are on - take care of your own kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverside County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murrieta Mom Accused of Starving Twin Toddlers ... Dec 3 lupita garcia 1
San JacintoSAN JACINTO: Utility tax appears def... Nov 22 lDI0TS IN SAN JAC 3
Police: Duo Forces Way into San Jacinto Home, R... Nov 20 lupita garcia 2
San JacintoSAN JACINTO: Council may earmark tax... Nov '14 Melissa C 6
Three people sentenced for violent home invasio... Nov '14 wpyo 5
San JacintoSAN JACINTO: Sweep finds sex offende... Nov '14 Rob Whitey 2
EDITORIAL: Who pulled the trigger? Oct '14 Jim 2
More from around the web