TEMECULA: Skateboarder killed crossin...

TEMECULA: Skateboarder killed crossing intersection

There are 34 comments on the The Press-Enterprise story from Mar 28, 2012, titled TEMECULA: Skateboarder killed crossing intersection. In it, The Press-Enterprise reports that:

A 14-year-old Temecula skateboarder died last night when he was hit by a mid-size SUV while crossing a busy intersection in that city, say Riverside County coroner's officials.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Press-Enterprise.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
ingrid

United States

#1 Mar 28, 2012
Ive been living in Temecula my whole life & ohhhh I see so many bad drivers even passing red lights wheres the cops to pull those dumb drivers what r they doin all the time just parked on the parkinglot.of Albertsons only eating at Peyonis damn things like this happen because cops atent doing their job!
Sam

Van Nuys, CA

#2 Mar 28, 2012
ingrid wrote:
Ive been living in Temecula my whole life & ohhhh I see so many bad drivers even passing red lights wheres the cops to pull those dumb drivers what r they doin all the time just parked on the parkinglot.of Albertsons only eating at Peyonis damn things like this happen because cops atent doing their job!
Just to let you know this was my best friend driving the suv and he had a green light and the kid on the skateboard was illegally crossing. This could have happened to anyone. Show some respect
Melissa

Lake Elsinore, CA

#3 Mar 28, 2012
Sam wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to let you know this was my best friend driving the suv and he had a green light and the kid on the skateboard was illegally crossing. This could have happened to anyone. Show some respect
I was there when this happened! They said the kid reeked of alcohol and may have drugs in his system. He was 40 feet from the crosswalk and it was 10 o'clock at night. This was not the drivers fault by any means. The mom of the kid was called to the scene and I felt so bad for her. Her cries will forever haunt me. But it shows you how one wrong decision can cost you your life. My heart goes out to the family and the driver.
Melissa

Lake Elsinore, CA

#4 Mar 28, 2012
The sad part about this is that they don't tell the whole story here and it makes the driver look like the bad guy. He already has to live with guilt and that image. He did nothing wrong.
Bree

Chino, CA

#5 Mar 28, 2012
ingrid do you not think that the driver already feels guilty and then you go posting crap like that. you need to think and not just make rash assumptions. and what do the cops have to do with the situation. you're ridiculous. the driver could have been you.
Mellisa

Temecula, CA

#6 Mar 28, 2012
Melissa wrote:
<quoted text>
I was there when this happened! They said the kid reeked of alcohol and may have drugs in his system. He was 40 feet from the crosswalk and it was 10 o'clock at night. This was not the drivers fault by any means. The mom of the kid was called to the scene and I felt so bad for her. Her cries will forever haunt me. But it shows you how one wrong decision can cost you your life. My heart goes out to the family and the driver.
You are so concerned with defending your best friend that you are bashing a dead 14 year old boy. Please think before commenting on this subject, because there are things you say which you cannot be taken back. You could have simply stated "it was 10 pm and the driver honestly did not see the kid crossing the cross walk." or "it was an honest mistake and could happen to anyone" this was an accident as simple as that. A Horrible accident at that!
Also, while you want to speculate about the kid being under the influence; one can change that about them self, but one cannot change it if they're dead.
I feel for all of you who witnessed this tragic accident because lives are forever changed. Now is the time to mourn, value life, and the ones around you even more, because life can be taken unexpectedly. God be with all of you!
Janet

Hesperia, CA

#7 Mar 28, 2012
To those who are bashing a child for making a mistake, it could have been your child........ you never know who is going to be reading your post, it could be friends and family of both the child and/or the driver. Have some respect for both of the family's and friends. Yes lives have been changed forever. R.I.P to my cousin, you will never be forgotten and you will be loved for ever.
Dee

Marina Del Rey, CA

#8 Mar 28, 2012
@Melisa and Bree; I found both of your statements to be appalling and inconsiderate of the situation at hand. Ingrid said nothing offensive about your friend, the driver. She simply stated that things like this can happen because of a lack of police attention. It was a horrible accident for the victim and both of you, but I do not believe that your statements were needed to justify the actions of your friend and place blame on the victim. Melisa you stated that one wrong decision can cost you your life and that is as true as it comes. Regardless, if the boy was crossing the crosswalk illegally, as the law states a pedestarain has the right of way...read you law book while you are throwing out acustation of the dead; alchol consumption and illegal drugs, did you do an autospy or a tox screen to make that accusation? Both of you have showed how young you are by both of your statements and crudeness. You both were offensive and if I was the mother of the victim I would be saddened by your lack of repect and consideration for the victim, the family and your friend; you both have acted like this situation is nothing; a life was lost by an ACCIDENT! Stop trying to justify the innocence of your friend and pay attention to what really matters; he was 14 and he is dead, he does not get to graduate, go to prom any of those things because his life was taken...not placing blame on anyone but like I said it was an accident.
Gino

Sun City, CA

#9 Mar 28, 2012
This was one of my closest friends, and now he's gone. I'm always going to miss you Noah. R.I.P
Dee

Marina Del Rey, CA

#10 Mar 28, 2012
Janet wrote:
To those who are bashing a child for making a mistake, it could have been your child........ you never know who is going to be reading your post, it could be friends and family of both the child and/or the driver. Have some respect for both of the family's and friends. Yes lives have been changed forever. R.I.P to my cousin, you will never be forgotten and you will be loved for ever.
Thank you Janrt for commenting I am sure those statements must have frustrating and disheartening for you to read. I did not know your cousin and I am sorry for your loss. I feel like these blogs are for friends of the victim to help the family remember and heal, not to bash anyone including the driver. It was a horrible accident and I felt that these young ladies disrespected your cousin, themselves and their friend the driver. take care and God bless!
Janet

Hesperia, CA

#11 Mar 28, 2012
thank you dee. I feel bad for the driver also, he/she will have to live with it for the rest of there lives also, but so will the family of Noah. You are also right pedestrians do have the right of way but that is not the matter in hand, so many lives have changed last night and people need to have respect for both parties involved. Noah will always be loved.
Dee

Marina Del Rey, CA

#12 Mar 28, 2012
Dee wrote:
@Melisa and Bree; I found both of your statements to be appalling and inconsiderate of the situation at hand. Ingrid said nothing offensive about your friend, the driver. She simply stated that things like this can happen because of a lack of police attention. It was a horrible accident for the victim and both of you, but I do not believe that your statements were needed to justify the actions of your friend and place blame on the victim. Melisa you stated that one wrong decision can cost you your life and that is as true as it comes. Regardless, if the boy was crossing the crosswalk illegally, as the law states a pedestarain has the right of way...read you law book while you are throwing out acustation of the dead; alchol consumption and illegal drugs, did you do an autospy or a tox screen to make that accusation? Both of you have showed how young you are by both of your statements and crudeness. You both were offensive and if I was the mother of the victim I would be saddened by your lack of repect and consideration for the victim, the family and your friend; you both have acted like this situation is nothing; a life was lost by an ACCIDENT! Stop trying to justify the innocence of your friend and pay attention to what really matters; he was 14 and he is dead, he does not get to graduate, go to prom any of those things because his life was taken...not placing blame on anyone but like I said it was an accident.
I reread the post and my apologies to Bree and Melisa my statement was directed to Sam as well as the bpth of you for your comments but in reference to Sam the statement of a lack of respect for your friend and the victim family still holds. Since I cannot go back and correct the mistake I apologize.
Janet

Hesperia, CA

#13 Mar 28, 2012
To anyone who believes there was alcohol and drugs involved please read this http://www.pe.com/local-news/riverside-county... . And please do not pass judgement until you know all of the facts.
Dee

Marina Del Rey, CA

#14 Mar 28, 2012
Janet wrote:
thank you dee. I feel bad for the driver also, he/she will have to live with it for the rest of there lives also, but so will the family of Noah. You are also right pedestrians do have the right of way but that is not the matter in hand, so many lives have changed last night and people need to have respect for both parties involved. Noah will always be loved.
Janet no problem and I agree te law is not what matters lives were changed but a loss of a loved and a stranger. I feel bad for the Sgt.(driver) as well. My husband hit someone that was running across the freeway. He lives with that guilt and refused to drive the car that the victim was hit in. My heart goes out to your family and the driver. Take care and may God be with all of you.
Brittany

Tulsa, OK

#15 Mar 28, 2012
Melissa wrote:
<quoted text>
Noah was my sisters boyfriend and he had just left our aunts house after visiting her and he was not under the influence of ANY substance. This was just a horrible accident and a 14 year old boy lost his life because of it.
Janet

Hesperia, CA

#16 Mar 28, 2012
Brittany, please tell your sister I'm sorry for her loss, and she is in my prayers. I know it has to be hard on her also. Yes it was a horrible accident.
Brittany

Tulsa, OK

#17 Mar 28, 2012
My heart goes out to you and the rest of Noah's family. This is hard on us all. It really makes you think how short life is. I am very sorry for your loss.
TAYLOR

Temecula, CA

#18 Mar 28, 2012
not to be rude AT ALL! BUUT to be honest its Noahs fault he had signals showing when and when not to crossing. and not the drivers. the driver had the right to go. now this might sound rude but honestly if you were smart enough you would of an had a helmet on and checked both ways for crossing. now yes he does have a record of things so with that being said we know whos fault it is. AND YES I KNOW THIS KID AND HE GOES TO MY SCHOOL. HE WAS ONE OF MY CLOSE GUY FRIENDS AND EVERYONE LOVES HIM. NOAH YOU WILL ALWAYS BE MISSED AND NEVER FORGOTTEN. WE ALL LOVE YOU. R.I.P
1998-2012.....<3 XOXO
Blanca

Van Nuys, CA

#19 Mar 28, 2012
Im sorry for ur loss I truely am. I work at target nd when I got off I seen something that.changed my life completely I dnt kno him or anyone but killed me deeply. Was talking to my 13 year old brother this morning about it cause he's my everything and he rides his scooter all the time nd come to.find out Noah was his friend and I had to be the one to break the news to him :( good bless u all my prayers r with u
Danielle

United States

#20 Mar 28, 2012
To Noah Family, I am so Sorry for Your Lost! This is Devastating News. Noah went Bell Mountain Middle School. Where I work at. I knew him. Sweet Kid. The Kids over here at Bell are Truly Brokenhearted! Most of them are taking it very hard. He was truly Loved! Your Family are in My Prayers. I pray that The Lord Comforted in your time of grievances. I am so sorry this happen!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Riverside County Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News LA officials: Dona t drop benefits out of fear ... Mar '17 Solarman 1
News Search For Woman Gone Missing in Hemet Jan '17 WadeScott 1
News Riverside authorities serve warrants in Tustin,... Jan '17 Joe Smoe 2
untrustworthy the view Jan '17 the views false 1
News Welfare benefits in danger? (Feb '09) Dec '16 David f Miller 152
News Man sues McDonald's over 'misbranded' mozzarell... (Feb '16) Dec '16 annonymous 15
Pfizer Background Check (Nov '16) Nov '16 Timothy 2
More from around the web